test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

A request for rangers.

vorathianvorathian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
When you make an archer based ranger please allow him at least a couple melee attacks as well. Rangers are still supposed to be able to use a melee weapon if need be. Please for the love of god don't butcher rangers like you did with clerics.
Post edited by vorathian on

Comments

• starfleetlufiastarfleetlufia Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no make them all Ranged :D their "Range"ers ;D we already have enough wannabe melee's in this game we need a master of the Bow and Traps :D
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    vorathian wrote: »
    When you make an archer based ranger please allow him at least a couple melee attacks as well. Rangers are still supposed to be able to use a melee weapon if need be. Please for the love of god don't butcher rangers like you did with clerics.

Request for more Paragon Paths for existing classes before adding new classes.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • czarkazmczarkazm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Official request for all the things.
  • tkwan1tkwan1 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    Request for more Paragon Paths for existing classes before adding new classes.

That won't likely happen for a while.
  • soulwarrior78soulwarrior78 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 541 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I believe there was another thread stating that IF they follow D&D rules closely, the "rangers" will be mostly melee with perhaps 1 or 2 bow skills. I have no idea about D&D rules and what not, but I'd love to have an actual ranger with mostly ranged attacks and perhaps a few melee at-wills.
  • faeriestormfaeriestorm Member Posts: 460 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I believe there was another thread stating that IF they follow D&D rules closely, the "rangers" will be mostly melee with perhaps 1 or 2 bow skills. I have no idea about D&D rules and what not, but I'd love to have an actual ranger with mostly ranged attacks and perhaps a few melee at-wills.

This, I prefer playing a ranger with a bow. I've always loved being a ranged attacker more then a melee one.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vorathianvorathian Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    its just the fact that a ranger should be able to do both... that has been at the root of the ranger class since day one. now if you have a tempest ranger who is primarily melee with a few ranged skills cool. An archer ranger should still be able to whip out his swords and tear into some enemies in close quarters but not nearly as well as a tempest.
  • eshlaeshla Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If they fallow 4th ed. builds they will be pure ranged ranger and the two-weapon ranger is another build.
  • nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    mabe a ranger with a huge knock back kick as they secondary at will like a roundhouse kick or something that sends the enemy flying backwards given it isnt a giant enemy like stun immune enemies
  • khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    eshla wrote: »
    If they fallow 4th ed. builds they will be pure ranged ranger and the two-weapon ranger is another build.
    This sounds most likely.
    Chances are they will split the Ranger class, just as they did the Fighter and (hopefully) the cleric.
  • ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I'm seriously disappointed rangers weren't announced for Module 1. Sadface.
  • zardoz007zardoz007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013

In 4E D&D rangers could interchange there at wills with melee OR ranged attacks. IE Twin Stirke. You attacked twice in Melee OR you shot two arrows.

THis could be a very Interesting power IF rangers where setup with a Sword main hand, Bow offhand and the animation the ranger got was based soley on the distance the mobs is from the ranger. Maybe with a slightly different effect if the attack is melee or ranged. But it basically being the same attack.
  • mennelonmennelon Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    That'd be a lot more animation work for no real ingame benefit (other than looking nifty). It's not like there's any penalties for using ranged attacks in melee. While it'd be nice, unlikely to happen.
  • danewingdanewing Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This game needs multiple classes and all of the paragon paths that should be there. It went live, it's not a beta. Nobody will buy excuses for delivering half a game. Finish it up and add the content while you still have a player base.