test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Do any of the CW 4-piece armor set bonuses actually work?

skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
edited July 2013 in The Library
Sorry for the rant, I'm a little frustrated, I bought the entire Archmage set, loaded up nice enchantments on it, spent all my diamonds, only to discover the 4-piece bonus skill doesn't work. ARGH!!!!! I wish I knew that before wasting money.

I've been looking around for some other CW armor, and I get the feeling none of them actually work, the 4-piece bonus skill that is. Everyone seems to be wearing two pieces from two sets. I'm now doing that too.

Here's the list, do any of these work?

http://orcz.com/Category:Neverwinter_Control_Wizard_Epic_Armor

SETS:

Archmage
Fatebender
Focal Magi
Gladiator Mage
High Vizier
Magelord
Shadow Weaver

My understanding is some of them used to work, but were bugged, giving too many benefits, so instead of fixing them, Cryptic just turned them off.

If any of them do work, are they bugged? Giving too many benefits? If so, they will probably be shut off too.

Again, sorry for the rant, I just don't want to spend a fortune buying/testing them all, only to find nothing works.
Post edited by skatin on

Comments

• okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    skatin wrote: »
    Here's the list, do any of these work?

I'm curious myself. I have 2 complete sets: High Vizier and Magelord but currently using them 2/2 for double +450 stat bonus until I see an official statement that 4/4 bonuses work alright and as intended. I'm afraid I may be waiting for it forever, considering how many things in NWO is broken and how long it takes to fix them.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Fatebender
    Focal Magi
    High Vizier

definitely work.

The other sets, not so much (though I've never tried Magelord). They are either broken or require silly workarounds like re-equipping them.

That said, something like Shadow Weaver has nice stats anyway, regardless of its bonus.
  • daemonstheredaemonsthere Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 111 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Since last big patch Shadow Weaver seems to be working correctly. I can see the both buffs on myself each with 3 stacks. On the other hand, I still don't know which spells activate the effect (what is considered to be an Control or just Damaging spell, since all do damage, and apply some effects)
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I have 4 piece High Visor now and I have seen the buff show up. I was wearing 2 of visor and two of another set for the stat bonuses from each, but i like a complete set, so I went Visor, can't afford the two pieces I need for SW set.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • angelxeyeangelxeye Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2013
    TY - this is good info-
    Now I must curl up in corner sad I got Archmage...

One of the things that has frustrated me more than anything else in NWO and other games as well, is a lack of concern by devs for financial issues (until they really destroy the game) and yet these imbalances are the most cited reason people leave a game.
    I spent a lot of AD getting this set together and dont really have much left to even attempt to get a different set.
    =(
    I wish these games would learn to focus on what is costs customers unfairly per things not being fixed..

That being said, I do love so much about the game, this just is not on that list.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well, one day it will be fixed, so it isn't a total waste, just bank it and hope they make with the fixes already.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • skatinskatin Member Posts: 58 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Magelord full set work?
  • oneredpixeloneredpixel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Magelord works fine. Buff lasts about 10sec and is pretty nice.
  • malkaviermalkavier Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Gladiator Mage PvP set bonus doesn't work right either.
    How Cryptic trolls the entire NWO playerbase: 9200 GS listed for CN, implying anyone who needs more has no skill.
  • stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    malkavier wrote: »
    Gladiator Mage PvP set bonus doesn't work right either.

It does, I've tested. Although its not 25%, more like 12~15%. I think it was Chill strike or Repel, goes down from 8.5 seconds to 7.3 seconds when on tab.

Entangling goes down from around 10.5 to 9.2
  • tickledpinkstickledpinks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 276 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Thing about Magelord is..diminishing returns at 3 k on recovery..so..the buff is useless..and 3 k recovery(ap gain) can be achieved via feats or spell rotation or stones.So..in my Magelord set I achieve 4800 recovery but achieve my dailies a mili second before other CWs in group?...yea it sucks.
    edited June 2013
    Anything beyond 2700 Recovery is a bit of a waste due to Diminishing Returns (DR), is what I have been told/read.

That's why I had 4k but have moved into Crit instead, so I'm going to have around 3k Recovery and same crit if I can.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • cathrynsoulwindcathrynsoulwind Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Shadow weaver still bugs. It can be fixed by taking off a piece and putting it back on. Annoying.
  • vindicitvindicit Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Cryptic has not even acknowledged any set being broken nor have they corrected any rumor of them bring broken if they are currently working. Every sht patch Cryptic has done makes no attempt to fix CW broken mechanics. Someone needs to stick these issues in their face. Please.
    edited June 2013
    vindicit wrote: »
    Cryptic has not even acknowledged any set being broken nor have they corrected any rumor of them bring broken if they are currently working. Every sht patch Cryptic has done makes no attempt to fix CW broken mechanics. Someone needs to stick these issues in their face. Please.

LOL great minds think alike! I just did an hour ago:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?363351-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529z-18&p=4683131&viewfull=1#post4683131

From now on, every single time they post a patch note, I am going to reply to it with the above link'd post. I guess we will have to just keep beating them on the head with this, until they at least acknowledge the CW bug list.
  • dominemesisdominemesis Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skatin wrote: »
    LOL great minds think alike! I just did an hour ago:

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?363351-Patch-Notes-NW-3-20130529z-18&p=4683131&viewfull=1#post4683131

From now on, every single time they post a patch note, I am going to reply to it with the above link'd post. I guess we will have to just keep beating them on the head with this, until they at least acknowledge the CW bug list.

Thank you for this, here's hoping something comes of it, but it won't be because the CW community and your effort here, didn't try to bring it to their attention.
  • rosehoperosehope Member Posts: 14
    edited June 2013
    Is the archmage set still broken?

Edit: nevermind. It is.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Archmage set fixed. I'm guessing so is the Oppressor feat. It's ironic that on the day it gets fixed (double daily days are here again) Arcane Singularity gets bugged.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    edited June 2013
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    Archmage set fixed. I'm guessing so is the Oppressor feat. It's ironic that on the day it gets fixed (double daily days are here again) Arcane Singularity gets bugged.

Where are the patch notes to confirm? I did pm a bunch of the admins/devs about the CW bug list and got a few responses but I dont see any notes.
  • tyrtallowtyrtallow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 747 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    General: Powers, Feats, and effects that adjust cooldowns, such as Dazzling Blades and the Master Duelist set bonus for the Trickster Rogue, now adjust cooldowns by the proper amount.

It's in the maintenance patch notes.
    You there. New to the game? Feeling overwhelmed? Maybe you think getting to end-game is impossible for a casual player like yourself, or maybe you just need to be around a community that helps each other stay sane and competitive with the latest news, current trends, random chitchat and most of all LEGIT (that is, we try to keep things fair) gameplay. If you don't mind being around quirky people and the rare occasional drama (one of our prominent TR members is apparently a mafia godfather) join nw_legit_community at http://www.nwlegitcommunity.shivtr.com/forum_threads/2330542.
    edited June 2013
    ah ok thanks
    edited July 2013
    tyrtallow wrote: »
    General: Powers, Feats, and effects that adjust cooldowns, such as Dazzling Blades and the Master Duelist set bonus for the Trickster Rogue, now adjust cooldowns by the proper amount.

It's in the maintenance patch notes.

Hmm, I saw that, and it made me wonder. I haven't played in almost a month, and every couple weeks I check the patch notes. They should have spelled it out more clearly.

If my Archmage set now works, then I'm willing to start playing again, but now have to respec from Renegade mage to Thaum mage, because I assume (since patch notes don't say they fixed any CW stuff) all the CW bugs when I left a month ago are still not addressed...
    edited July 2013
    I just tested the Archmage set, but it doesn't say which spells constitute a "control" spell. I was hoping it meant the "encounter" spells, but nope, none of them triggered the time reduction benefit.

Anyone have any idea what spells the Archmage set considers a "control" spell?
  • lemandallemandal Member Posts: 61
    edited July 2013
    Entangling force, Icy terrain, Shield, Steal time (and this spell is worth 6 seconds of your time !), Repel, Chill strike.
  • sangrinesangrine Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Just tested my archmage set. Set 4 bonus seems to be working. Can anyone else confirm?

Edit: did more testing. it's working.
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Champion set from Gautlegrym works great. 30% extra recovery on your tabbed spell is great especially repel in dungeons
  • lokionegodlokionegod Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    stormysg wrote: »
    It does, I've tested. Although its not 25%, more like 12~15%. I think it was Chill strike or Repel, goes down from 8.5 seconds to 7.3 seconds when on tab.

Entangling goes down from around 10.5 to 9.2

Although i tab slot my repel it is at 6 sec. =D nifty but i also have my RSI% at 70%+ depending on whether or not i have use a potion or being affected by another classes ability.. IE DC link on an avg my tab skills are all about 1 sec lower that those quoted above. again my RSI% is high. other may have different results.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    The Champion set from Gautlegrym works great. 30% extra recovery on your tabbed spell is great especially repel in dungeons

First of all, it is not 30% recovery. It's 30% lower cool down. Second, you will never get 30% lower cool down unless you have 0 Recovery. So it ends up being more like 18%.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.