test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lightning enchantment for GF/GWF

xthanhz251xthanhz251 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
What are your thoughts on using it for gf and gwf? It seems like a really good source of aoe damage to kill adds with. Greater does 18% and chains 2 time at 50%. Any thoughts on this?
Post edited by xthanhz251 on

Comments

• treborgztreborgz Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    hmm for GF i think its nice since you can aggro mobs easily when it chains.. =) but still i go for holy avenger for weapons (GF support build)
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Somebody tested it, and the range is bugged as well as a few other parts to the readout. I currently don't have one that provides chains, but basically your main target doesn't get damaged when you chain, and the range of the chain can exceed 30 meters, pulling multiple mob groups.

Haven't looked into it more, as I re-rolled another GWF and spent money on the gear for his setup.
  • theandyisonetheandyisone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think holy avenger is better for TR, I personally wanna put some soulforged on my GF but that is just my opinion.
  • moonbamoonba Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    GF --> Plague Fire. No arguing about it. Plague Fire increases overall damage for the whole group and clearly it's a GF's role to apply it.

GWF --> Depends on your playstyle.

If you roll with fixed groups and no one has Plague Fire then it's your role to apply it in AoE to increase everyone's dmg by 9%.
    If you think of yourself as a TR and have more 50% crit, then Vorpal could be a good choice although situational.
    If you like to AoE like mad and proc tons of stuff everywhere then Lightning is for you.

You can find some feedback about Lightning Enchantment in this thread I made earlier : http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?339112-Lightning-Enchantment-(Weapon-Enchantment)-bugs-and-feedback

Using only Weapon Master Strike on 3 dummies, my Greater Lightning Enchantment is 21% of my dmg output. So it's a 26.6% increase compared to not having any enchantment.

So if we use this as a basis the comparisons are rather simple :

--> Plague Fire will beat any enchantment if no one has it in your group

--> Lightning Enchantment comes as a decent second choice, although a big glitched at higher ranks (cf. thread above)

--> Vorpal's effectiveness will depend on your crit chance and the number of targets you can hit.
    On a single target Vorpal beats Lightning.
    On multiple target you just have to calculate CritChance x VorpalSeverity to see if it beats Lightning dmg output.
    (e.g. to beat the 26.6% dmg increase of the Greater Lightning upon hitting 3 dummies, you would need more than 70% crit with a Greater Vorpal slotted)
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    I think holy avenger is better for TR, I personally wanna put some soulforged on my GF but that is just my opinion.

****! did you read anything about anyone asking about what works for a TR? or do you just reply randomly and "insert your TR derp derp comment here" everywhere?
    forumskill.gif
  • werepedobearwerepedobear Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 41
    edited June 2013
    belladan wrote: »
    Somebody tested it, and the range is bugged as well as a few other parts to the readout. I currently don't have one that provides chains, but basically your main target doesn't get damaged when you chain, and the range of the chain can exceed 30 meters, pulling multiple mob groups.

Haven't looked into it more, as I re-rolled another GWF and spent money on the gear for his setup.

Holy! 30 meters? that would be fun to try out once shards are back online.
    forumskill.gif
  • mutantdemocracymutantdemocracy Member Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    belladan wrote: »
    the range of the chain can exceed 30 meters, pulling multiple mob groups.

If they tightened it to around 10 meters and fixed the problem with it not damaging the original target, I would pick it up in a heartbeat.
  • fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You mixed Armor Enchants and Weapon Enchants in ur post
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]