test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

PvP discussion (Not about nerfs etc)

rew1ndrrew1ndr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Hi

I don't mean to be one of those little kids who just whines about classes, powers and so forth, etc etc. It is my understanding that there definitely are some inbalances, and while I won't go in depth, I can honestly admit I have been thrashed by every single class. I'm currently playing a rogue and while I do admit to big damage, there have been many CWs, GF, GWF and even CP's to kill me

What I really want to bring to light is the TERRIBLE system in place:

1. Bots - why is there no 'right click > report player' function? I'm sick of seeing these guys re-queue game after game after game.

2. No or very bad leave consequences - So we start a game with a bot and is shortly followed by someone who has hit breaking point and leaves because they're sick and tired of playing with bots. Not only this, but those arrogant pricks who think they're the best and will leave if the team isn't winning or following their glorious command.

3. Glitches - This is a general one. But I've literally lost count the amount of times I've hit 'R' to cast an ability, the animation has gone through, the sound as well, but the ability isn't cast at all.

Anyways, I'm sure many of these will be fixed in the near future (hopefully). I just wanted to post this to discuss if other people have had the same experience.

Happy gaming!
Post edited by rew1ndr on

Comments

• xuminaxumina Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 188 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    1) Right click to report player as I have experienced in other MMORPGs tend to be grossly miss-used. GMs will have alot of work on their hand with random people, to which soon after the GMs would not even bother responding. I'm not dismissing this suggestion, it's still worth a try.

2)There should be a leave consequences I agree. Kicking and DC-ing should be excluded though. Perhaps a penalty to which they cannot join any PVP or dungeons for 3 game hours?

3)Glitches... sigh... there is no way the developer can remove glitches 100%. What I would like to see however is that the developers/administrator make an active effort to iron out the glitches and after that keeping us players in the loop.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rew1ndr wrote: »
    3. Glitches - This is a general one. But I've literally lost count the amount of times I've hit 'R' to cast an ability, the animation has gone through, the sound as well, but the ability isn't cast at all.

Anyways, I'm sure many of these will be fixed in the near future (hopefully).

Funny that you think this is a problem when it is actually intended. It is called an interrupt. Some of your powers can be interrupted even if they are 98% of the way to completion, they can be stopped.

Working as intended.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I am happy there is no Leave penalty. I think after this goes live and is more established might be a good option. Even if there is a leave penalty never stoped me before in a Battle ground with 4 ppl on me. Yup im leaving not gonna kill me. I picture the guy from family guy covered in oil not gonna catch me hahaaha. Leaving is part of the game don't know why people get so mad about it. Honestly 10v10 should be added too. So when its 9v10 not as bad.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Honestly 10v10 should be added too. So when its 9v10 not as bad.

Although I'm not disagreeing with the 10v10 but I really don't think 9v10 would be any different than a 4v5. The reason is because an encounter in pvp is over very quickly. The only difference is you have more bodies out there but think about it. How fast can you take down a person getting focussed by 3 or 4? Not long, seconds maybe. Groups that can coordinate single targets will ultimately win even in a 9v10 or a 19v20 situation because being down that one last body is dps, hidden tactic or healz.

I put a huge wager on it that even in 19v20 matches the side with the one missing player will ultimately throw in the towel. Mark my words, the coming threads will be complaining about this very thing.
  • yliana1yliana1 Member Posts: 38
    edited June 2013
    I am happy there is no Leave penalty. Even if there is a leave penalty never stoped me before in a Battle ground with 4 ppl on me. Yup im leaving not gonna kill me. Leaving is part of the game don't know why people get so mad about it.

People like you should be banned from playing with anything but premade groups... You ruin the game for 9 other people and call it good and part of the game just cause you cant stand getting killed.. what an attitude lol..
    And im sure a 3h requeue ban would stop you from leaving every match you cant steamroll and perhaps are losing ^^ But from the sound of it you probably would quit the game instead of finishing a match even if it isnt going in your favor.

leaving/afk/botting has 0 consequences other then a crappy game for both sides with less rewards. that needs to change asap as it ruins pvp..
  • thegizzardthegizzard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I enjoy everything about this game, I played PVP a couple of times as a Wizard it's fun to Teleport away from attacks and confuse the enemy, I like how other Wizards single out each other and have a duel. I use so much ice, I wish I chosen an ice related name for my character.
  • wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    originally leaving PvP was bugged so that if you left a match you weren't able to queue for anything else until that match was over, now however you can leave and instantly queue up again and leave again and repeat until you find a match you want to be in or play
  • adrukenadruken Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    For me the bugged part right now are the reward for who win the match.
    I understand that give half of the original reward to the losing team was made to make the victory actualy meaning and hinder the progress of bots and AFKers.. but the winning side gets also half if the difference of score is too hight between, which seems a bit stupid.. in short if you are too strong for them you get penalizated?

There is also the "kill" problem for cleric and support wizard, which seems to contribute a lot for the reward.
  • kattanahkattanah Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    originally leaving PvP was bugged so that if you left a match you weren't able to queue for anything else until that match was over, now however you can leave and instantly queue up again and leave again and repeat until you find a match you want to be in or play
    Then again if you're using the queue system it's quite likely you'll be queueing for a long time. What I don't understand is people who queue for well over an hour, often over two, to get a team for a dungeon, then leave straight away if the team doesn't have the exact right mix they want. Then you're left with a useless group and the prospect of a long long wait to get another.
  • rew1ndrrew1ndr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would just like to add that the old 'bug' consequence was the single biggest failure of a consequence.

Why? Because when the kick function failed in PvP (like it should), it is the TEAM who you abandon by not being able to zone in that suffers the most.

Sure, you can't play a game for five minutes, but you're stuck in a group where people are in the PvP instance and you're not - but are stuck in the group! So then THEY play with 4 yet again.

For anyone who says there shouldn't be a consequence for leaving *cough*, I hope you have a match with 1 bot + a leaver and see how you like it.

I have played a few PvP matches since posting this thread and I can definitely confirm that unless you have a premade group (or 3/5 premade), and you have a leaver/bot - you're not gonna have a good time.

Other than that.... I'm playing a rogue where I've done some huge crits, yet I recently got smashed by a GWF, CW (as per usual), GF and cleric!! So, looks pretty even-ish at the moment.
  • kanapedakikanapedaki Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys are right for the report option, as i am sure that people will use it just because they dont like someone.So, i say that there should be a right click option <<report as bot>> , and people found to have reported a non-bot player, should be punished. So bots can be found and stop ruining the pvp and there will be no foul reports. :) (sorry for my English)