test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Enjoyed rogues until end-game

whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Thieves' Den
Now that I'm doing dungeons, I honestly feel like I'm dodging red circles and chasing down enemies that people push away 90% of the time that I play, whilst attacking the other 10%.

I find myself cursing at the screen because of how I can't get off a good rotation hardly ever.

Any tips?
Post edited by whoamark on

Comments

• huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    youre a rogue, your only job is to dps down the boss...the trashmobs are for the other people so they can smash stuff too

at least thats my experiance
  • freehugs9freehugs9 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If Trash mobs keep forcing you out of melee with AoE's use Smoke Bomb to interrupt them. If it's bosses, maybe stealth + Impossible to Catch and just ignore the AoE? You'd probably loose DPS doing that vs. just rolling out and throwing daggers.
  • sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Personally all I do is stealth when attacking boss so adds don't focus me then just roll out and throw daggers, after the aoe is done go back in with my gap closer and keep at it. personally I think trs have the easiest job in dungeons. if something ****s up, its their fault
  • blatterfestblatterfest Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sforces wrote: »
    Personally I think trs have the easiest job in dungeons. if something ****s up, its their fault

What he said...
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    Now that I'm doing dungeons, I honestly feel like I'm dodging red circles and chasing down enemies that people push away 90% of the time that I play, whilst attacking the other 10%.

I find myself cursing at the screen because of how I can't get off a good rotation hardly ever.

Any tips?

You're doing it wrong.
    Most mobs in dungeons are melee & ranged mobs are usually not worth it as CW AoE will take care of those easily. Just go for the "big" mobs that stay alive after the CW's rotation.
    Even if they get knocked back, they'll run/walk/charge/whatever back to you.

I always get my rotation off with no problem & I primarily rely on Duelist fury as our abilities tend to have a rather long cooldown (Lashing & Blitz). Your rotation and/or you are flawed.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong.
    Most mobs in dungeons are melee & ranged mobs are usually not worth it as CW AoE will take care of those easily. Just go for the "big" mobs that stay alive after the CW's rotation.
    Even if they get knocked back, they'll run/walk/charge/whatever back to you.

I always get my rotation off with no problem & I primarily rely on Duelist fury as our abilities tend to have a rather long cooldown (Lashing & Blitz). Your rotation and/or you are flawed.
    I only fight the big guys with Duelist's Flurry.

Whilst trying to get combat advantage on them I simply find I'm chasing down the big guy, elite, whatever you want to call them, or dodging a plethora of red circles regardless. I rarely even touch the weaker mobs. I almost always end up top on damage, so what I'm doing is effective, I'm just saying that it feels frustrating to not be able to have a smooth rotation initiated on all big guys all the time. In some instances there are just too many red circles. I'm starting to accept that all we do is dodge since we do so much damage, guess I just find that annoying.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    whoamark wrote: »
    I only fight the big guys with Duelist's Flurry.

Whilst trying to get combat advantage on them I simply find I'm chasing down the big guy, elite, whatever you want to call them, or dodging a plethora of red circles regardless. I rarely even touch the weaker mobs. I almost always end up top on damage, so what I'm doing is effective, I'm just saying that it feels frustrating to not be able to have a smooth rotation initiated on all big guys all the time. In some instances there are just too many red circles. I'm starting to accept that all we do is dodge since we do so much damage, guess I just find that annoying.

You're doing it wrong. Unless you're in pirate king/spellplague & doing a speed run where the CW is tossing EVERYTHING off the cliff, a TR should always be top damage.
    Hamtip: TRs get no aggro except what they request.

& unless you're going against Dracolich, there will be few red circles on you. Learn which ones you can ignore & facetank. (Like the flame archers in Karrundax, no reason to dodge those unless you're about to die. But you'll want to dodge the spikers.)

Finally, big mobs...why are you chasing them? If the big mobs are running, they're obviously running towards a person. Just intercept the mob.
    & Duelist fury tracking will auto chase for you. Just time the 3rd hit.
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • whoamarkwhoamark Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    healhamsta wrote: »
    You're doing it wrong. Unless you're in pirate king/spellplague & doing a speed run where the CW is tossing EVERYTHING off the cliff, a TR should always be top damage.
    Hamtip: TRs get no aggro except what they request.

& unless you're going against Dracolich, there will be few red circles on you. Learn which ones you can ignore & facetank. (Like the flame archers in Karrundax, no reason to dodge those unless you're about to die. But you'll want to dodge the spikers.)

Finally, big mobs...why are you chasing them? If the big mobs are running, they're obviously running towards a person. Just intercept the mob.
    & Duelist fury tracking will auto chase for you. Just time the 3rd hit.
    I guess it makes sense since I've only been doing Pirate King/Spell Plague. The only other one I tried was Karrundax.

I'm fine at dodging red circles dude, I just hate doing it too much. I think you understand me wrong, I don't actually chase them down in a blind rage, but rather when I'm doing Duelist's Flurry I find that before I reach the 3rd hit the enemy is constantly either knocked away or heading towards someone else, meaning my rotation doesn't feel smooth. It's like this more times than it isn't. How do I intercept, is there an ability for this? How do I get Duelist's Flurry's auto tracking to work flawlessly? I do time the third hit and it only "chases" down the enemy 25% of the time. I've been wondering how this mechanic works.

Thanks.
  • willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    I honestly feel like I'm dodging red circles and chasing down enemies that people push away 90% of the time that I play, whilst attacking the other 10%.

It's a cheap game mechanic, bugging me since day one. Apparently, cryptic was worried no one would take CWs into dungeons if they couldn't knock mobs off ledges.
  • uhdonauhdona Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's a cheap game mechanic, bugging me since day one. Apparently, cryptic was worried no one would take CWs into dungeons if they couldn't knock mobs off ledges.

Ya i know nothing gets my blood boiling like getting ready to land that 3rd hit of duelist's flurry just to watch the cw send my target flying across the room right before it connects. Even more so when its a caster type that they do this to as i now have to actually case after it.
  • griz024griz024 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 138 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This game is all about dodging. Its not like wow where you just stand and dps. I do agree that between dodging and kbs its difficult to get a full rotation. Makes me wish sly flourish was competitive with duelist flurry in terms of dps so getting a full rotation off wouldnt be so critical. Its lame that even with the patch buff and the feated +10% dmg sly flourish is still trash pve-wise.