test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Player booting failed

elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Ok, so I was leveling up my alchemy task while standing in protectors enclave, was doing the gather simple components so I would have enough to do a mass task, I gathered previously and it worked fine, however I needed one more component to get 5 to do the mass task. The simple gather completed, and was stuck on the please wait status, so I thought maybe a re-log will fix as it was stuck, and I waited more than a few minutes for it, it did not complete, so I re-logged, and now I cannot even log in as I get that message, 'player booting failed'.

I think that's a pretty major bug, what about you cryptic?

edit: Yes I did gauntlgrym event before the bug/error occurred.
Post edited by elthiruil on

Comments

• Options
    kamotechunks1kamotechunks1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here.. did a pvp domination and after that I was stuck in the loading screen.. restarded and I got this error, tried doing safe mode but it does not work.
  • Options
    rehpicrehpic Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developers Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did you guys do the Gauntlgrym event earlier this evening?
    Lead Programmer: Neverwinter
  • Options
    porter35porter35 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just got this same error. My inventory went wonky. So I relogged and now I'm locked out at "Player Booting Failed". I did the Gauntlgrym thing earlier and I believe right before things went nutty it randomly consumed one of the scroll item thingies it gives you in the Gauntlgrym area.
  • Options
    blueflueblueflue Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same problem here - cant log in. What is going on? How to fix this...? And yes, I was doing Gauntlgry this evening.
  • Options
    lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    same here, did gaunt earlier. Played a pvp and got this error once it ended
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • Options
    egreir87egreir87 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Having this problem also :(
  • Options
    nevernimnevernim Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same here, did Gauntlgrym event earlier this evening, now afflicted with the same error.
    Cannot reach my character list.
  • Options
    willsommerswillsommers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 103
    edited June 2013
    Posted in other thread. Unable to log in with character I used in gauntl. Other characters log in just fine.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    rehpic wrote: »

Yes, I did. I am also having this problem.
  • Options
    risefromhellrisefromhell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yea i did that today.And later i respec my powers and i enter spellplauge.Inside the dungeon i notice that with no reason i was 800 gear score down and i couldnt collect my proffecions after they finished so i relogin..from that moment Player Booting Failed !!!
  • Options
    arkamjfarkamjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013

You can fix it?
  • Options
    annadruvezannadruvez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Yes. I did it on my only character. Went in a dungeon. Left the dungeon. Boom. Player booting failed.
    Pool of the Dead - NW-DLTS5X6TO - Duration: ~20 minutes - Daily Qualified

Fountain of Dread - NW-DACS7JITE - Duration: ~15minutes - BRAND NEW!
  • Options
    porter35porter35 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I just tried to startup again and my error has now changed to "Timeout during login" after it tries retrieving character list. No access to any of my characters on the day NW launches live is pretty disappointing. I'll take the beta back... :(
  • Options
    creegthegreatcreegthegreat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey, I am also having this same problem. Also, side note, the forums are also super buggy.

What great way to celebrate launch.
  • Options
    risefromhellrisefromhell Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tell me one thing..Why every time you fix something or put something new you ruin something else?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    porter35 wrote: »
    I just tried to startup again and my error has now changed to "Timeout during login" after it tries retrieving character list. No access to any of my characters on the day NW launches live is pretty disappointing. I'll take the beta back... :(

Seems to be Player Booting most of the time for me. About every fifth time is a login timeout

• Options
    sulouff1sulouff1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes but my rouge is stuk their and i cant log in i time out
  • Options
    sulouff1sulouff1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    the new pvp area seems to have alot of us stuck we cant get out that toon times out when logged in
  • Options
    winstoncrotchillwinstoncrotchill Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Has anyone had any luck logging in after seeing the problem?
  • Options
    arkamjfarkamjf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ... and we don't get any answer!
  • Options
    blytblyt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Im in a the same guild as 2 people that got this bug while we were running Spellplague. It still shows both thier characters online via Guild Roster. Both characters listed as in spellplague dungeon. And talking to them in Teamspeak saying they could not log into characters. Hopefully the server lets go of their characters soon :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    blyt wrote: »
    Im in a the same guild as 2 people that got this bug while we were running Spellplague. It still shows both thier characters online via Guild Roster. Both characters listed as in spellplague dungeon. And talking to them in Teamspeak saying they could not log into characters. Hopefully the server lets go of their characters soon :)

Talking to my guild leader on Vent. He says I still show in the Dread Vault

• Options
    blytblyt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So the server is hung somewhere thinking character is online. Prob temp fix itself when they restart for maint.

Knowing this. YES! My cleric will be risking her charcter life at the event in a little over an hour. May she not catch this bug!
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    what guild were you in?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    blyt wrote: »
    So the server is hung somewhere thinking character is online. Prob temp fix itself when they restart for maint.

Knowing this. YES! My cleric will be risking her charcter life at the event in a little over an hour. May she not catch this bug!

Whats ur character name ...?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Well, it seems to be consistently Time Out During Log In now.

Anyone have any further news?

• Options
    edited June 2013
    annadruvez wrote: »
    Well, it seems to be consistently Time Out During Log In now.

Anyone have any further news?

Their doing maintenance in a little over 2 hours, they said everyone will be able to log on afterwards
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Their doing maintenance in a little over 2 hours, they said everyone will be able to log on afterwards

Thank you.

• Options
    elthiruilelthiruil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?363321-Gauntlgrym-Temporarily-Off-Midnight-Maintenance

Glad too see this one got a quick and timely response as it had the potential too basically kill everyone who went into Gauntlgrym, and once killed no-one would be able to let anyone know except on this forum, even then I wasn't sure why it occurred until the dev bought up Gaunt and I thought yes I did run it 1/2 hour/1 hour before the problem.
  • Options
    marshall90kvmarshall90kv Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The same problem...Did the Gauntlgrym, and a PvP match about an hour after it, and after the match got stuck on the loading screen...after restarting, I keep getting the "Player booting failed" whenever I try to log in, after the "Retrieving the list of characters" message...And now, I'm just getting the "Timeout during login" instead...