test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Honest Review of Gauntylgrim

jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I'll keep this short: it's unimaginative and not worth the time. Got about 3 coins for playing 1.5 hours during the whole event.

Phase 1 was utterly boring, it's more worthwhile to just run around the map looking for chests rather than fight trash mobs which rarely drop anything. Overall 30 minutes of utterly boring, unimaginative PvE. Kill these things here, open this chest here, dump the items into these things. Is this really the best activity they thought would be fun?

Phase 2 PvP is just the same recycled domination game mode, but this time with more zerging. Just 2 zerg mobs going around in circles. Have fun being separated from the group and running into a 20 v 1 stomp where you die in 0.5 seconds. No strategy other than zerging and back capping. Again, is this really the best they could come up with? Is there nothing new?

Phase 3 was just more of the recycled stuff we've had this entire time with no higher tier loot or any reason to do it. Also with everything going to be BoP soon, there's less reason to care.

tl;dr: Rewards not worth the time and same recycled boring gameplay.

Edit: Realize this is what they intended to be "end game"
Post edited by jellicho on

Comments

• pureseason1pureseason1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was utterly disappointed to get some crappy devoted cleric item with life steal, seriously life steal... and it was from the last boss, and just crappy 5 tokens which was not worth my time.
  • thorizdenthorizden Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree in large part. I think it has potential but the execution and rewards aren't particularly exciting. The phases are too long IMO and there isn't as much guidance as I would have liked the first time I ran it. We were in the tier 2 dungeon as well and its short (good thing) but nothing special about it or the boss fight.

The most drama was when we were waiting in the queue (with a full team with scrolls) for at least 10 minutes.
  • jellichojellicho Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104
    edited June 2013
    Additional point: having this on an event timer means I have to further schedule my life around it, and means there's at max 1-2 times I can do this a day if everything aligns and I'm home when the event starts.

Also, congratulations for making Glory even more worthless of a currency. Once you get your T1 PvP set, there's no more reason to get Glory.
  • nuromalnuromal Member Posts: 47
    edited June 2013
    jellicho wrote: »
    Additional point: having this on an event timer means I have to further schedule my life around it, and means there's at max 1-2 times I can do this a day if everything aligns and I'm home when the event starts.

Also, congratulations for making Glory even more worthless of a currency. Once you get your T1 PvP set, there's no more reason to get Glory.

glory set is the only set with a hp boost of either teir 1 or 2 that being said i find it extremly useful in most cases
  • foempspeedyfoempspeedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Totally agree on thread post.. For me this new content is just boring.
    part 1 is just a farm for items on some stupid mobs, bring in, farm more, bring in...
    part 2 is running around, capping, running to next while the one you just took is being recapped. If you even consider going other way you be death in 0.5sec threw a funny 10+gank , you cant queue with full guild,even as guild you end up in different instance zones. There is no possible communication, nor raid screen or map control to see where people are.
    part 3 is really just nothing new neither, one boss.. T1 loot if you lose, or T2 if you win (so many got t2..)...atleast add new gear.
    the grym sets r a joke aswell.. example, whoever wants lifesteal as a cleric is stupid!
    Aswell the timing on event is sad and the DD is even frequently less now..
    I expected more of this and tbh it kept me playing knowing gaunt was comming in the game but now i lost my interest totally after even lvling 4chars to 60 to waste my time waiting for something new (and no i didnt rush them)
  • foempspeedyfoempspeedy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nuromal wrote: »
    glory set is the only set with a hp boost of either teir 1 or 2 that being said i find it extremly useful in most cases

hp boost .. ohyea... we love flat hp, useless
  • hurk97hurk97 Member Posts: 154 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Massively disappointed as well. Running out of things to keep me interested.