test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Leavers

sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Just imagine you're clearing a dungeon looking for that last epic gear piece to finish your set. You've made it to the final boss, one of your teammates messes up and dies, causing your entire team to eventually die. You think to yourself, alright simple mistake, let's pretend that didn't happen and kill this boss!

Then you glance down and in your chat box see a heart breaking message

"&$# I died, got injured and didn't think to bring a single kit!!"

He then proceeds to rage quit, and you don't get to finish the dungeon and lets say this is during dungeon delves!

Sound familiar? Maybe they didn't say anything and just left because they could.

How do we solve this? Simple.

When someone leaves a dungeon you let the party leader invite one of his guild members to participate so you can finish your event.

Now to prevent trolls kicking their team and what not for their guild members, the following would be in place

-The newly invited could not claim any DD chests
-The newly invited could not claim boss drops.

This would prevent people from kicking their team and help solve leavers.

Or if you guys don't see it being that big of a deal, allow the newly invited to get drops.

What do you guys think? Cause I personally have already had leavers on 4 different occasions.
Post edited by sforces on

Comments

• nebbiosadonzellanebbiosadonzella Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I am not seeing something, but why would the replacement even care to help if he or she will not be getting anything of value out of it?
  • chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I am not seeing something, but why would the replacement even care to help if he or she will not be getting anything of value out of it?

Wow, you really don't know people that would help you out without requiring a reward or anything?
  • nebbiosadonzellanebbiosadonzella Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wow, you really don't know people that would help you out without requiring a reward or anything?

I do know such people, which is exactly why I wouldn't ask such a thing from them. And as I would do it as well if asked to I expect them not to ask such a thing from me. Time has an immense value. What kind of person is one who not only asks you to spend your most valuable asset for their own selfish gain but feels entitled to it as well?

And then there is the people who I know wouldn't do it for free, which just happens to be the vast mayority. Now we are back at the beginning.

In both cases if they fight the boss they deserve a go at the rewards as everyone else does. After all it was your team who did need their aid.
  • thestatesmanthestatesman Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 78
    edited June 2013

It's naive to think that most people don't want something out of it.