test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Can't level up Alchemy!

necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited November 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Anyone know what the deal is? With other professions you can level them up to 1 by doing the basic tasks. Alchemy requires a green item called "Basic Alchemical Knowledge".
Post edited by necalan on

Comments

• Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You have to do the one you can until you get a random drop of BAK.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    necalannecalan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks. I was just thinking that!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    If you notice the experience rates are extremely high. I was baffled as to why things gave so much experience until I realized it relies on random drops to gain experience. As long as the experience items can be gained from skill nodes I'm fine with that, though.

The rewards for training Alchemy seem pretty epic.
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Do the Rank X Experimentations. There are two possible results from that. Result 1 is getting an unstable potion. Result 2 is getting an unstable potion, a recipe for a new potion, and basic alchemical knowledge. Once you have gotten all the recipes for that level, you will have the knowledge you need to do the level up task.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    You need to keep doing the experimentation to gain "knowledge" then do the big XP task to level up. Yeah it's a bit different from the other tradeskill and some luck required.
  • Options
    drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    some already have mithral mortars ... lol wtf? so fast?
  • Options
    sirjestosirjesto Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 176 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    some already have mithral mortars ... lol wtf? so fast?

Professions Asset Packs....
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    P2W crafting, lol.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    P2W crafting, lol.

What do you win?
  • Options
    drippindaggerdrippindagger Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    an advantage .... may it be time or whatever ... but you always "gain/win" something
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's pretty hard to max a craft without pulling out the CC.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    And that is exactly what they are doing. Buy AD and click "Finish Now" on every profession task.

Sounds like lots of fun....
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Got a Master Alchemist off the Doomguard's Duty pack I quested out today. Whee!
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013

Haven't pulled out my Credit Card Yet and I have 20 Mailsmithing, 14 Leadership and will be branching out even more shortly. :)

I'll tell you right now the "Finish Now" is a ripoff. The only explanation for the price I can think of is it's so impossibly expensive nobody in their right mind would use it...so don't.

Leveling professions without touching that feature is not only possible...it's down right easy. Patience is a virtue. Leveling everything besides Leadership is actually extremely fast. I really don't focus on my proffessions much at all and effortlessly got to 20 Mailsmithing.
  • Options
    chunkienoodle26chunkienoodle26 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Only for the lazy.
  • Options
    zercyxzercyx Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Bah... This is a crock! If I have to rely on a random drop I may never get a decent Alchemist.
  • Options
    luxarkluxark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    Only for the lazy.

Those lazy people that think changing crafts all day long - because there is no queue - is pretty annoying?
    Crafting on five characters is really fun. I think, it might be even more fun on ten!
  • Options
    jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    zercyx wrote: »
    Bah... This is a crock! If I have to rely on a random drop I may never get a decent Alchemist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYR3dorshwA

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited November 2014
    And back to the Nine Hells with this thread....
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.