test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

NPCs fighting with you?

zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
From what I see I can only get a coward to follow me through a quest, ie an npc who cowers and hides during a combat encounter instead of drawing a sword and letting loose on some goblin heads. I'm trying to make a quest involving a spy mission where one of the enclave guards helps you out a bit but it kind of ruins the whole thing when this tough talking <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> guard runs and hides as soon as combat starts... Have I missed an option somewhere to enable an NPC to fight with you or is this not available to foundry creators?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    meedacthunistmeedacthunist Member Posts: 3,085
    edited June 2013
    You can do it with reskinned guard encounters. Those are friendly for players.

Look for them in "encounters", not in "npc" section.

But guards are weak and die quickly. Especially at 60 lvl.
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can do it with reskinned guard encounters. Those are friendly for players.

Look for them in "encounters", not in "npc" section.

But guards are weak and die quickly. Especially at 60 lvl.

I noticed the other night that one of the friendly guard encounters was listed as "Hard". I have not tested it, but I am assuming that guard might be a little more durable. Of course that is only an assumption. I will defiantly test it out at some point.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    sweeenstersweeenster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got guards following me, but I keep getting physically stuck on them, their hitboxes are too big and they follow too closely. Is there any workaround for this?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    ovaltine74 wrote: »
    I noticed the other night that one of the friendly guard encounters was listed as "Hard". I have not tested it, but I am assuming that guard might be a little more durable. Of course that is only an assumption. I will defiantly test it out at some point.
    Guard encounters as a whole group can be indeed hard, but individual guards are dying really fast. The only guard able to stand his ground is the mage, as it's the only elite guard mob. Still it can't fight 1v1 versus elite mobs like Battle Wight Commander. At least not alone.
    I had all guard encounters tested for a possible companions and finally had to use mage as a mercenary wizard with rest of the group reskinneds as his summoned creatures - otherwise every tested companion was dying really fast, unless he was fighting only easiest possible mobs.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    I could try that guard encounter perhaps, thanks for that. Problem is though what if he dies?That could be quest breaking seeing as this guard is fighting with the player through an area to get to an objective and then gives the player the next objective. He;s going to be a main part of the entire quest so it would be good to be able to keep him. I have triggers that make a new version of the npc spawn when you reach the target area anyway so if he dies on the way it wouldnt be too bad but it would break the immersion of the quest to have your allies die and reincarnate... Is there anyway to make them so as they become disabled when they run out of hp rather than die? Also I'm using some existing npc characters to tie in with some other story plots of the main game to add some extra dimension to the story. Would suck if I cant use the character that i need to use to fight. seems like an annoying oversight, all for the sake of one option in the characters properties.
  • Options
    ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Behavior- fight to submission. They won't die, they will just stop fighting when they get to 10%
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Behavior- fight to submission. They won't die, they will just stop fighting when they get to 10%

cheers thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Unless Cryptic corrected it recently, setting Guards behavior into "fight to submission" makes them aggressive towards players and friendly towards mobs.
    :D