test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Don't give up hope just yet.

benialahabenialaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
As the title says, even Microsoft realized their failure and fixed it in no time,

so

I bet if the developers what to keep the player base and their money and job THEY WILL do what we are asking.
Simply because we are the costumer and golden rule is , the costumer is always right. Yes I know no new class, yes I know no drow race even tough they DID say (got no patience to find the article ) that there would be a new class, then they said oh well we pushed it back, and now there is not a single clue about it in module 1, because it's free? because they want even more money and will charge for it?! who knows.

I do hope the developers will wake up because this game has potential, and that's coming from a player who gave up WoW for this. Yes it JUST launched which means they will look at the feed back, and if they refuse to fix their **** , players are free to leave. I feel sorry for those who had paid 200 $ for ...this.

If you find my grammar horrible it's because I'm not a native speaker, and I learned English by myself trough games.
Post edited by benialaha on

Comments

• rustyjoerustyjoe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    That's different, Microsoft had a lot at stake. PWE doesn't. Them and other companies similar will just keep on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> their customers--all because we don't vote with our wallet.s
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Perhaps they learned their lesson about releasing an unfinished game, and are making sure they dont release an unfinished class. :p
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rustyjoe wrote: »
    That's different, Microsoft had a lot at stake. PWE doesn't. Them and other companies similar will just keep on <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> their customers--all because we don't vote with our wallet.s

I don't understand what you are saying... If I am not playing Neverwinter and not paying money would I not be voting with my wallet? Are you planning on giving Cryptic and Perfect World your money after you stop playing Neverwinter?

confused-face1.jpg
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    They never confirmed anything for launch except Gauntelgrym. Not once. Not ever.

If they did I'd be raising pitchforks but they didn't.

The drow, since it's initial change to be a temporary exclusive, was stated to be released "At least 60 days after launch." Never, not once, did they ever say the drow was going to be available on launch. In fact I was given specific instructions to make sure to use that quotation or a line similar to it so players couldn't get confused by myself or the other moderators comments about the drow.

As for the new class there has never been any mention as to when they will be released. Even now they aren't confirmed to be released with Module 1.

More and bigger content is coming. Module 1 has me really, really psyched, but don't confuse player rumors with official comments because I promise you nothing other than Gauntelgrym was slated for release with the Official Launch. ;)
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Gauntlegerm blows.

Public events are fun, broken dungeons and forced PvP and guild membership blows ***.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • rustyjoerustyjoe Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I don't understand what you are saying... If I am not playing Neverwinter and not paying money would I not be voting with my wallet? Are you planning on giving Cryptic and Perfect World your money after you stop playing Neverwinter?

confused-face1.jpg

You wouldn't matter as an individual since there will always be a big enough crowd for PWE to suck their wallets from.
  • llfritzllllfritzll Member Posts: 215 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    benialaha wrote: »
    As the title says, even Microsoft realized their failure and fixed it in no time,

this is just begging for a comment about internet explorer.
  • ivaneyesivaneyes Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey look I’m with you guys but you really think this game is some long term grandiose MMO that’s going to grow into some awesome D&D based game? Come on now you all know better. Some games like WoW, EQ series ect ect are serious long term projects that other smaller projects help fund. Neverwinter is one of those smaller projects designed to generate $. It’s about investors who put up 1$ million for example and are told "we can build a game in 2-3 years and generate 3$ million in revenues returns.

Gamers sometimes get so into the aspects of the game they forget it’s a business first and all businesses have one goal and that’s make money. The F2P "but you will pay" mechanism works and generates funds very efficiently. The writing is on the wall this game is totally lacking depth and is a constant carrot leading the MMO player base donkey.
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    rustyjoe wrote: »
    You wouldn't matter as an individual since there will always be a big enough crowd for PWE to suck their wallets from.

But then the majority would be voting with their wallet and if there is always a big enough crowd then it sounds like Cryptic and PWE are doing something wonderful! Again I'm not sure what your trying to get at...

ConfusedQ.jpg
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I'm kinda disappointed Salvaging didn't make it in today's patch.
  • yeruneyerune Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    benialaha wrote: »
    I bet if the developers what to keep the player base and their money and job THEY WILL do what we are asking.
    Simply because we are the costumer and golden rule is , the costumer is always right.

^ this

is so wrong.

Such claim of ownership completely kills any creative thought a designer might want to put into a game: catering to the whining masses. It's the golden rule to get something really vanilla, but not interesting and innovative.
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Every MMO makes the identical mistakes these days and no one should be surprised that shortly after launch there is a flood of nerfs, followed by a serious lack of content. The devs stubbornly try to force their "vision" onto the player base, who drift away. The "creative director" or similar is replaced, they start making smart decisions (too late), and everyone says in Zone chat in the MMO they moved on to that "Too bad Cryptic %$#@ed up NW".

Give it a year or so.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • dasaint66dasaint66 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    be patient, the game isn't released yet, it's a beta for a reason
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    Perhaps they learned their lesson about releasing an unfinished game, and are making sure they dont release an unfinished class. :p

Every single class in this game is unfinished, dude. -waves around his 4th edition Player's Handbook 1 as irrefutable proof-
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2013
    bcvapor wrote: »
    Every MMO makes the identical mistakes these days and no one should be surprised that shortly after launch there is a flood of nerfs, followed by a serious lack of content. The devs stubbornly try to force their "vision" onto the player base, who drift away. The "creative director" or similar is replaced, they start making smart decisions (too late), and everyone says in Zone chat in the MMO they moved on to that "Too bad Cryptic %$#@ed up NW".

Give it a year or so.

It won't take that long IMO. Elder Scrolls Online will give the devs a firm kick in the rear and make them do their jobs better. Trust me.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Gave up hope last month, this game blows chunks.
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    Gave up hope last month, this game blows chunks.

It makes me sad to agree with you as much time as I've invested in this game over the Foundry. I really hope they get on the ball and start pumping out new classes. If you pigeon hole everyone into cookie cutter builds, you better have a lot of those builds available. In 4e the cookie cutter builds were a convenient option, but not the ONLY option. You could still make your own build, multiclass, and make hybrid classes...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    It makes me sad to agree with you as much time as I've invested in this game over the Foundry. I really hope they get on the ball and start pumping out new classes. If you pigeon hole everyone into cookie cutter builds, you better have a lot of those builds available. In 4e the cookie cutter builds were a convenient option, but not the ONLY option. You could still make your own build, multiclass, and make hybrid classes...

In a PnP game you can create anything your imagination conjures. This is not PnP. Creating skins and animations is far from easy. Not to mention they might want to ensure anything new added to the game does completely destroy what has already been established.
  • gambitclickgambitclick Banned Users, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 239 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This thread is a joke, right? Well the joke isn't any more funny than what Cryptic and PWE has already pull on all of us.

The ONLY thing this game has going for it is the combat system. That's it. Everything else is either sub-par or complete garbage compared to other MMOs' launch / first 2 months of release. The only MMOs I can think of that were worse than Neverwinter the first few months of release was AoC and FFXIV. But at least Square Enix had the decency to apologize to their fanbase and customers and remade the entire game from the ground up. Funcom had the decency to die in a fire and lay off half its fail employees.

Hope? LOL There's very little hope for this game. I'll stick around for another couple of weeks just because the game is F2P and I still like the combat system. I highly doubt anything will change for the better though.
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This thread is a joke, right? Well the joke isn't any more funny than what Cryptic and PWE has already pull on all of us.

The ONLY thing this game has going for it is the combat system. That's it. Everything else is either sub-par or complete garbage compared to other MMOs' launch / first 2 months of release. The only MMOs I can think of that were worse than Neverwinter the first few months of release was AoC and FFXIV. But at least Square Enix had the decency to apologize to their fanbase and customers and remade the entire game from the ground up. Funcom had the decency to die in a fire and lay off half its fail employees.

Hope? LOL There's very little hope for this game. I'll stick around for another couple of weeks just because the game is F2P and I still like the combat system. I highly doubt anything will change for the better though.

I guess you have never seen other launches...

The only launch that seemed more smooth was SWTOR