test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So is this it? The big launch?

suzzy22suzzy22 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Well aside from this zone only being useful once every 6-8 hours there is nothing else? I mean it's great and all, except with getting disconnected every 3 minutes and the being bugged and unable to participate in any aspect of the zone. So I guess if you want to spend time logging in and out it's a big hit...

But really? This is it? I assume I am like most people and have multiple level 60s in epic gear and have nothing to do except either play the AD market or Zen market, both of which aren't interesting to me.
Post edited by suzzy22 on

Comments

• Options
    zephryl1zephryl1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 220 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Module 1, Fury of the Feywild, looks like it's going to be far more exciting~

I was, however, disappointed to see there wasn't any additional Classes or Paragon Path's released on Launch.
  • Options
    lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    suzzy22 wrote: »
    But really? This is it? I assume I am like most people and have multiple level 60s in epic gear and have nothing to do except either play the AD market or Zen market, both of which aren't interesting to me.

I doubt MOST people have multiple level 60s in epic gear so that may be the basis of your problem ;)
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • Options
    eros1986eros1986 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got my TR on top gear, left the game for 2 week, today I hoped to find some good stuff that keep me interested in the game. Guess ill wait the expansion. an event every 6/8 hours and a 25 minute dungeon, Hum.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    I doubt MOST people have multiple level 60s in epic gear so that may be the basis of your problem ;)

Well if they don't then there is something wrong, because if you call yourself experienced in this game, just running the questlines can get you to level 60 in a days worth of play time =/. Maybe a day and a half. That's like a week of play for an average person who has a job. And getting epic gear is as easy as selling the items you get from the pack at level 30. That will hook you up with two t1 sets. More time is needed to get your "b.i.s." items but the other t2 set costs next to nothing as well.

Anyway. I completed the T1 dungeon since I was unable to participate in phase two since it disconnected me seven times. I have to say I am a little let down that it dropped a belt that is better off being sold to the vendor for 1.6 gold than putting on the AH. I guess since nobody puts them up there because their next tier sells for like 3k, that they are pretty rare in terms of getting one? I don't know how they figure it, but there must be some logic to it, right? Right..?
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well if they don't then there is something wrong, because if you call yourself experienced in this game, just running the questlines can get you to level 60 in a days worth of play time =/. Maybe a day and a half. That's like a week of play for an average person who has a job. And getting epic gear is as easy as selling the items you get from the pack at level 30. That will hook you up with two t1 sets. More time is needed to get your "b.i.s." items but the other t2 set costs next to nothing as well.

Anyway. I completed the T1 dungeon since I was unable to participate in phase two since it disconnected me seven times. I have to say I am a little let down that it dropped a belt that is better off being sold to the vendor for 1.6 gold than putting on the AH. I guess since nobody puts them up there because their next tier sells for like 3k, that they are pretty rare in terms of getting one? I don't know how they figure it, but there must be some logic to it, right? Right..?

There are still a lot of people around who try to play and explore the game and actually earn their gear rather than fast track through everything. Just because some people find in more fun to whizz through to end game at a million miles an hour and then buy everything doesn't mean 'normal' play is 'wrong'.
  • Options
    pa2ppa2p Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well aside from this zone only being useful once every 6-8 hours there is nothing else? I mean it's great and all, except with getting disconnected every 3 minutes and the being bugged and unable to participate in any aspect of the zone. So I guess if you want to spend time logging in and out it's a big hit...

I got an email saying neverwinter is now live..do we have to download the launcher and patch it again? Or we can use the same we used for the open beta? Please tell me..
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Same one you were already using, just with a patch.
  • Options
    leshil40leshil40 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 157 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Most mundane launch...EVER.
  • Options
    mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    leshil40 wrote: »
    Most mundane launch...EVER.

Almost as if it wasn't the real launch........
  • Options
    vezznavezzna Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Level 1 here and looking forward to the journey! :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    There are still a lot of people around who try to play and explore the game and actually earn their gear rather than fast track through everything. Just because some people find in more fun to whizz through to end game at a million miles an hour and then buy everything doesn't mean 'normal' play is 'wrong'.

I think you're assuming I don't have like a combined total of 16+ days of play time and haven't done everything there is to do :O. I have not a life.
    vezzna wrote: »
    Level 1 here and looking forward to the journey! :)

Whatever you do, don't do that! =/.
  • Options
    pa2ppa2p Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralia wrote: »
    Same one you were already using, just with a patch.

So the patch will automatically get downloaded next time i use the launcher? Right?
  • Options
    ragdoll25ragdoll25 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
    edited June 2013
    pa2p wrote: »
    So the patch would automatically get downloaded next time i use the launcher? Right?

yes it will
  • Options
    killerellakillerella Member Posts: 215 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I imagine there will be a lot of brand new players in the game starting today, just getting their pixel feet wet. You can clearly identify the veteran players in-game though, they are the ones running around carrying huge bags of bones, hehe :D
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no new servers, havent seen a swarm of new players. No news of the launch on ign, gametrailers, PCgamer etc.

Doesnt feel like a launch at all. All the bugs and dungeon skips are present, and numerous feats/items do not work still.

Hmmmm
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    mok33mok33 Member Posts: 151 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dat big launch lol