test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Fullscreen mode not working

skeebyskeeby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
edited October 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Whenever I try to enable fullscreen via the menu or via alt+enter i lose all video and my monitor displays the message "Mode Not Supported". Have not found any in-game video settings to remedy this yet.
Post edited by skeeby on

Comments

• Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Yep same problem here. Every time i try to enter full screen mode the game window crashes and i have to restart the client.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ch80ch80 Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    hmm im not having any issues with this, try enabling fullscreen in the initial launcher options as well. otherwise i got nothing...sorry
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    Use maximize instead. It acts better. This is because when you maximize, the game does not handle resolution but your computer does. In that handling of resolution is where I think issue lies.

Maximize will look as full screen at your native resolution.

(EDIT: Maximize button is the box near X, pressing it should put your game on pseudo-fullscreen)
  • Options
    kaltoumkaltoum Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    ch80 wrote: »
    hmm im not having any issues with this, try enabling fullscreen in the initial launcher options as well. otherwise i got nothing...sorry

Full screen in initial launcher is disabled.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    that is same problem which sto have ,just put it on maximize :),and to rest graphic delete gamePrefs.prefs file from local data from game folder or use safe mode which u can chose in launcher setings
  • Options
    skeebyskeeby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    I am still unable to use fullscreen mode. My monitor keeps saying its not supported. Also, I am unable to check the box for fullscreen on the launcher because it is grayed out.

I DO NOT want to run my game windowed maximized. Its not the same thing and its not a substitution.

This is the only game Ive ever had a problem running fullscreen. I can run STO fullscreen just fine. Please fix this...
  • Options
    gillrmngillrmn Member Posts: 7,800 Arc User
    edited March 2013
    It is better to use maximize instead of fullscreen. Fullscreen may not always work for all.

Maximize looks just like fullscreen but is better than that as it does not change any native setting of your monitor.
  • Options
    dryspelldryspell Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    realitively certain this is an issue with dx11 mode cause never had this issue when it was set to dx9
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hate to ask this, but in the game for full screen mode, you do have the resolution selected that is one supported by your monitor? So if you have 1920x1080, your monitor supports that? I've seen people select 1920x1200 by accident and get the result you are describing. It's like saying "you have the newest drivers" and updated DX11 working properly, people hate when you ask those questions.
  • Options
    hithereyouhithereyou Moonstars, Neverwinter Beta Users, Cryptic Developers, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Founder's Pack Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    We are working on the DX11 support in general, including some issues we've identified with the fullscreen support. If you have an Cryptic Error ID, I can perhaps tell you something about the disposition of your particular problem.

Dave
  • Options
    symbolofrage2012symbolofrage2012 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2013
    hithereyou wrote: »
    We are working on the DX11 support in general, including some issues we've identified with the fullscreen support. If you have an Cryptic Error ID, I can perhaps tell you something about the disposition of your particular problem.

Dave

this bug is still persistent and its pretty annoying. theres also a bug with the chat, when it is "bugged" you cant click / change the tabs, the chat will just disappear and you are unable to switch tabs, scroll inside the chat, etc..

also, the whole options menu seems to be bugged in character selection menu: key bindings shows only one entry, chat and hud options display nothing at all, refresh rate isnt applied, output device in audio shows "unknown", etc. etc.