test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Login name not displayed properly

joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Haven't seen this posted anywhere however...

When you login with an email address instead of an actual user name, when you log out the username is no longer displayed properly. If you log in with a user name and log out the user name IS displayed properly.

Example:

Works fine

Login:

Username: MyUserName

Logout:
Username: MyUserName

Doesn't Work
Login:

Username: my@emailaddress.com

Logout:
Username: #1#23456789

Or am I the only one lucky enough to experience this?
Post edited by joshrandhall on

Comments

• Options
    zephyrlizephyrli Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In the ingame launch screen it never saves my username. or rather i think its failing to overwrite the correct username i put in. everytime i go to the ingame login screen (ie not the launcher). Whether I incorrectly spelled it first time or if it just keeps doing this as an error but everytime i get to the screen there is a number "1" at the end of my name... The launcher saves my email login as it should. havnt tried with username instead..
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yah sorry - it's the ingame launch I'm speaking of - I should have been more clear and forgot about the game launcher which doesn't seem to matter since I log in with a username - I'll try logging in with another account and see if the same thing happens
  • Options
    dakxerdakxer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I would say this is a Perfectworld account issue, not a bug. You should contact them through perfectworld tech support web page, be specific, and wait about 24 hours for an email reply (it is launch day after all). They are quite helpful, but it does take a few emails to get past the rubber-stamp responses sometimes. The online chat works very well for this sort of issue, so you might try that option too so they can chat online while making changes - this helped me with an account logon issue I had, so trying to share the help.