test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

24 hour "SPAM" silence overkill?

sirfapstoomuchsirfapstoomuch Member Posts: 7 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I was just owned by the community yesterday for appearantly spamming and silenced.

How many reports does it take!? i posted 3-4 times, jesus people..

I was simply Lfg for DD maybe posting 1 time every 30 - 45 seconds. Even i have seen worse like every 3 seconds.

So i have come to the conclusion that putting the power to report as spam in the hands of the people that have no tolerance for anything is not such a good idea. They can all just go.. /ignore if u know what i mean

Leave it in the hand of a gm or admin thats on, OR how about 1 hour silence? 24 is prettttty harsh i cant sell anything, talk to my guildies, wisp anyone.

I understand we all hate those gold sellers spam and whatnot but for normal people like me this is crazy. I cant even go on my other charactor and talk.
Post edited by sirfapstoomuch on

Comments

• itdude123itdude123 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to agree that the /ignore should not be tied to reporting for spam. I don't mind the popular ban so much as it being tied to /ignore.
  • artoahartoah Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But now, you might not spam so much in future ;-)

It takes a fair amount of reporting to be silenced, so whatever you did got you reported. If you posted 1 time, twice a minute I doubt you'd be reported in the first place. Appeal it as you like.