test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Question on Sentinel Build

arkelliusarkellius Member Posts: 21 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
Leveled the GWF and even with all the bad publicity i really enjoy the look and feel of the class. I'm going Sentinel with the usual build but was curious where my final 5 points should go.

Unstoppable Recovery seems like a decent choice, thoughts?

Also as far as gear i have 2 piece Titan and 2 piece Vigilant Warlord. With this set up my power is 3700, 2300 Recovery, 2300 Defense, 1400 Arp, and around 1200 crit.

I would like a little more crit as i believe buffed it's around 30%. Should i try and squeeze a bit more crit or is 30% fine for this build?

Ark
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The amount where Crit plateau's is 3k, so at 1200 you have plenty of room to increase it, though I also recommend you get Recovery to 3k also ASAP. Either way is a good idea honestly... Glad you're liking the Sentinel build!
    va8Ru.gif
  • grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    I like more ARPpersonally (i am sentinel as well), my crit is 4k the "cap" is a softcap nothing more. My GWF has 37% chance to crit, which works wonders as a half orc (passive) with the crit severity from heroic feats and a vorpal.

I agree with the above poster about Recovery, but i would prioritize it as Arpen>Crit>Recovery
  • arkelliusarkellius Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks guys. How are you getting your crit so high? I think my issue is neither titan not Vigilant have crit. I like the 1800 HP from Titans 2 piece and the 450 Recovery from Vigilant. I tired to Gem crit and recovery but still not close to 3k. I'm still leveling my Ioun Stone (only 15) so hopefully with it i can crank the crit and arp up some.

Also, where do you guys think the last 5 points should go? Currently i have Unstoppable Recovery but not sure how effective it is.

Ark
  • snwo1snwo1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    arkellius wrote: »
    Thanks guys. How are you getting your crit so high? I think my issue is neither titan not Vigilant have crit. I like the 1800 HP from Titans 2 piece and the 450 Recovery from Vigilant. I tired to Gem crit and recovery but still not close to 3k. I'm still leveling my Ioun Stone (only 15) so hopefully with it i can crank the crit and arp up some.

Also, where do you guys think the last 5 points should go? Currently i have Unstoppable Recovery but not sure how effective it is.

Ark
    The avatar of war set has base critical strike and gives 450 critical strike bonus for a 2 set. The Ancient weapon 2-set gives 450 critical strike too.
  • blaueblume1blaueblume1 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Depends on what the 'usual' build is. If I knew that, I would give you might suggestion. =)
  • arkelliusarkellius Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Blaue, i mean Sentinel through the capstone. So i have 5 points left. Currently in Unstoppable Recovery just not sure if its worth it.

Sn, yeah trying to get groups to get some Avatar pieces.

Ark
  • grifterecgrifterec Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    arkellius wrote: »
    Blaue, i mean Sentinel through the capstone. So i have 5 points left. Currently in Unstoppable Recovery just not sure if its worth it.

Sn, yeah trying to get groups to get some Avatar pieces.

Ark

Ok so first to answer your question about crit. As mentioned above Avatar of war, and the ancient MH/OH + Jewlery are the best albiet most expensive way to get crit!

I'm not rich, so i have 2 sets.

A cat with Arpen+Crit in everything (lethal/piercing Berserker ring, necklace and waist purchased when they were still dirt cheap)

My jewlery is all very heavy on crit Ar/Pen.

Then, depending on my role in the group i either wear 4/4 Titan (cheap and easy to get) Which is lacking on offensive stats (my jewlery and cat still keep it up though) but great for being the primary damage soaker.

But like 90% of the time im rocking the blue piercing/lethal berserker pieces, because quite frankly they ROCK! Was about 60k total for all the pieces and i have out dps'ed quite a few really geared people wearing it. The blue set doesnt have %^& for recovery, and it has very little for defensive stats, however... Sentinel has plenty of defensive bonuses that are good enough if you arent the main tank.

Spec wise
    http://nwcalc.com/gwf?b=cn4:2hwcg:5m9s,1x0l08i:60000:b0000:b0z5v&h=0

That is my current setup, which i have played with a lot. Originally i had the 5 points from destroyer in Intimidation, but that just sucks.

Due to the fix to CON, i MIGHT actually pick up Con focus, but currently i have all stats in STR/DEX