test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

End of event finally?

skorshaskorsha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Will there be an end of event finally of some type? or does this event just fizzle out with the patch? if anyone has info it would be greatly appreciated. :)
Post edited by skorsha on

Comments

• Options
    abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Yea be nice with some bigger swarms... Maybe some evil Tank minions or some dragons burning up the town be fun.
  • Options
    andomiindandomiind Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sure hope it wont fizzle, that elusive blue dog has not dropped for me,
    spent days and countless hours... Needed it for 2 chars..
  • Options
    skorshaskorsha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ya i hope there is something, its kind of an anticlimax if it just fizzles and fades. got lucky and got 2 dogs in 3 rounds :P
  • Options
    rosy9huhrosy9huh Banned Users Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    andomiind wrote: »
    Sure hope it wont fizzle, that elusive blue dog has not dropped for me,
    spent days and countless hours... Needed it for 2 chars..
    Well i had opened 350 bags before i take the blue dog...i also have buy 12 normals,and can buy other 4 if vendor will be there today!That events is awsome...and if make that 1 day per week with rare rounestones like that and companions or mounts the Cryptic only from Auction exchange can get thousands bucks from taxes!Just make that event one day per week or one day per month,then the prices in Auction will be astronomically!If there would be some drops like inferno nightmare but with other appearance i would sell that for 3000000-5000000 AD,which mean 10-20 bucks for company if someone buy it!But that drops must not be in stores which make them rare even more,and if got one or 2 from event and sell it then you can buy some stuffs from zen stores!That make the economy of game more stable between the players who buying ZEN and Free playing players!
  • Options
    xenonizdubbyxenonizdubby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 63
    edited June 2013
    i found 8 blue dogs :/ ... i must of got lucky !! , but seeing as some people got up into the 20's , im surprised some people struggled !!! i guess thats the whole randomness of it :)
  • Options
    grizzdelgrizzdel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 34
    edited June 2013
    Anyone who looted 20+ blue dogs needs to seriously rethink their life priorities.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grizzdel wrote: »
    Anyone who looted 20+ blue dogs needs to seriously rethink their life priorities.

or buy a lottery ticket
  • Options
    scumremoverscumremover Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You had to be lvl 60 to have a good chance at looting a dog I guess. None of the rest of us had any chance to place in the top 10.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You had to be lvl 60 to have a good chance at looting a dog I guess. None of the rest of us had any chance to place in the top 10.

This is not true . I solo'd portals and still only got one bag as a reward . Its a bit confusing because the first day you got ' bones ' when it ended not a bag . The bones were actually an opened bag . The dog came for opening a bag , its just random . Now for a chance for extra bags your GROUP , not just you had to attack the hulks or the wright . So if you grouped you got more chances at loot . Why people didn't group up , I have no idea .
  • Options
    fauust01fauust01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

never looted any blue dog as 60 level GF with FULL GEAR ( full time less / full stalward with greater enchants )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    well im level 55 and had 8 :) so thats bs my friend !!! also i have friends that were level 14 - 20 and found 2 or 3
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    well im level 55 and had 8 :) so thats bs my friend !!! also i have friends that were level 14 - 20 and found 2 or 3

You probably grouped.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I formed and tossed out a bunch of theories on how the bags of bones dropped over the course of the event but I think we finally came to the conclusion that you had to land the killing blow on either a Hulk or a Wight for it to drop. There were a couple times I rode into a mob threw one Lance, landed the last blow on a Hulk and had a chest drop at my feet. I learned if I timed my FF just right on them and made sure it killed outright instead of the DoT it normally does I got one as well.
  • Options
    thestoryteller01thestoryteller01 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

My char is lvl 40 and I had to patiently wait until 70+ bags for my 1st blue dog, but within 10 other bags there dropped a 2nd one, so its all about luck I guess.

And I agree on the "Group bets Solo" theory. With the few exceptions where ubergeared 60ies ADed everything within milliseconds right after spawn, I got much more drops (both bags and enchantements) in groups, probably beause our overall killing rate was much higher.
    In case you find my grammar or spelling weird ---> native german speaker ;)
  • Options
    wildgerwildger Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i found 8 blue dogs :/ ... i must of got lucky !! , but seeing as some people got up into the 20's , im surprised some people struggled !!! i guess thats the whole randomness of it :)

What level is your character? I believe that it is easier for those at high levels.
  • Options
    warfluxwarflux Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I got one. Seems like another trash companion anyway.
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    warflux wrote: »

Not really about whether it was a good companion or not it's more about souvenir value for me and,....I'll be honest....cuteness factor. I opened enough bags to accumulate about 450 bones and got three blue dogs for my effort. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    You probably grouped.

nope :) i certainly dident
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    im level 55 during the event !
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This event was definitely aimed toward 60s and/or people in established guilds to group together, both are absolutely the wrong ideas for a new game where most players are not 60 yet.

I'm a lvl 48 cleric, so I may have done better than some, but it is impossible to think I can keep up with 60s and somehow get in to the top 10 list of the event (which is where a lot of the dogs came from apparently). Maybe if I grouped, maybe if I was higher level, maybe maybe... but this event should have been for everyone, not just the lifers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    warflux wrote: »

It's not trash if it's better than what you currently have. I'm not sure if you're 60, but it seems like the 60s don't even want this blue dog yet they were the ones blitzing every spawn within half a second...
  • Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I opened around 200 bags and only got 1 blue dog. Sigh, most of the bags only granted 1 bone too. I even managed to make Gold tier once and usually in the silver but never got the 4-6 bags the End of Event window said I was supposedly rewarded. I only ever got the 1 participation bag along with the 4-5 bags that would drop during each wave of portals. It's interesting that people are saying they did better grouping when people in Zone chat were very specific in saying not to group. I worried that the loot would follow the need/greed rules so I ended up soloing.
  • Options
    mousinatormousinator Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    skyewolf1 wrote: »
    I formed and tossed out a bunch of theories on how the bags of bones dropped over the course of the event but I think we finally came to the conclusion that you had to land the killing blow on either a Hulk or a Wight for it to drop. There were a couple times I rode into a mob threw one Lance, landed the last blow on a Hulk and had a chest drop at my feet. I learned if I timed my FF just right on them and made sure it killed outright instead of the DoT it normally does I got one as well.

The bags, just like the enchants, were completely random drops and had nothing to do with who/what you killed or how you killed it. The only thing that matters was that you had to be within a certain range.

I was fighting a wave and when it ended I went off to the side (out of the way of mobs but close enough I could still see the fighting) then AFK'd for about 10 minutes. When I came back I had a bunch of items just sitting there at my feet, and some of them were bags.

Not sure how it works but I tested it again afterward, went close to a portal battle and just stood idle while everyone around me was fighting. Sure enough, I'd have enchants and bags dropping at my feet. After a while I noticed other people doing the same, just going by the portals and standing idle; so it appears I wasn't the only one who noticed this.
  • Options
    psistarprimepsistarprime Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    GRRR, I kind of expected the Event vendor to remain up after the event ended. Got to run a few more portals after maintenance, but then when the skies cleared the vendor was gone so I still have 18 bones.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    mousinator wrote: »
    The bags, just like the enchants, were completely random drops and had nothing to do with who/what you killed or how you killed it. The only thing that matters was that you had to be within a certain range.

I was fighting a wave and when it ended I went off to the side (out of the way of mobs but close enough I could still see the fighting) then AFK'd for about 10 minutes. When I came back I had a bunch of items just sitting there at my feet, and some of them were bags.

Not sure how it works but I tested it again afterward, went close to a portal battle and just stood idle while everyone around me was fighting. Sure enough, I'd have enchants and bags dropping at my feet. After a while I noticed other people doing the same, just going by the portals and standing idle; so it appears I wasn't the only one who noticed this.

Well isn't that just great... reward the exploiters and give the players nothing.