test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New Gameplay sound issues. Fix ASAP.

therealmordimtherealmordim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Dear Cryptic/Perfectworld inc.,

I don't normally go into a rant but(yes but).

Please highlight whose decision it was to add Tinnitus and other similar type gameplay sounds to highly used abilities/effect/powers.

Had you asked anyone about the issues this can cause?

Hearing problems are a big issue for those who work many industries involving high stress and constant sound and by replicating those sounds to add "effect" to gameplay is by far one of the worst things I have come across in 25 years of gameplay, software testing and QA.

Please rectify as quickly as possible in the next patch or create an option to remove those types of sounds. I'm sure everyone wants to enjoy this great game with added ambient sounds and effects as I do, but when it could potentially mask a real health issue or even make people uneasy or even indifferent to sounds such as those, it could seriously affect many longterm.

inb4 "must be a troll?" - "stop QQing mute all sound all the time" "who cares" "get the care police" etc.etc.

Yours Sincerely
An oldskool gamer and past/future shareholder.
Post edited by therealmordim on

Comments

• astariadodfastariadodf Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking that too today, its the stun/daze component, much more pronounced. I too would suggest toning it down. In PCP its over the top because there is so much CC.
  • therealmordimtherealmordim Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope someoone at Cryptic is looking into this.
    Or does it take a big youtube channel to highlight it?
  • smaksnaxsmaksnax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree with the OP, the sound for some of the skills is plain ridiculous

also, the sound of mount activation (heavy howler) could be optional. That thing is gonna drive me frkn crazy. There is no way i would have bought it had i known it would make all that noise to use
  • monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I was thinking that too today, its the stun/daze component, much more pronounced. I too would suggest toning it down. In PCP its over the top because there is so much CC.

PCP is bad for you bro and illegal.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would be nice if you could give an example of a sound that was changed, please?