test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Target lock help, please?

bluedragoon212bluedragoon212 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The default keyboard for locking onto a target is left control, I'm aware of that, but when I first started Neverwinter I found a way to rebind it. I've scoured the options/keybind menu for the target lock but can't for the life of me find the option to bind it. I got rid of it on control to be able to use it for PTT in TS, but now I'd like to rebind it to something. I've been looking for solutions but the closest I've found is someone mentioning it is a pain to rebind, but no steps/how to rebind it. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.
Post edited by bluedragoon212 on

Comments

• bluedragoon212bluedragoon212 Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still haven't found a solution
  • drusillusdrusillus Member Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    I never used that before.

Is it a single press to lock or do you hold it down?
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2013
    The default keyboard for locking onto a target is left control, I'm aware of that, but when I first started Neverwinter I found a way to rebind it. I've scoured the options/keybind menu for the target lock but can't for the life of me find the option to bind it. I got rid of it on control to be able to use it for PTT in TS, but now I'd like to rebind it to something. I've been looking for solutions but the closest I've found is someone mentioning it is a pain to rebind, but no steps/how to rebind it. Any help would be very much appreciated, thank you.

It looks like that keybind isn't in the Keybind menu, weird. But the command you're looking for is:
    /bind ? +HardTargetLock

and replace "?" with whatever key you want to use. So, if you wanted the F key be your target lock, it'd look like:
    /bind f +HardTargetLock

The "+" before the command name means "while I'm holding the key, this command is enabled". You could also put "++HardTargetLock" and that'd mean "when I press the key, toggle my HardTargetLock on off".

Hope this helps, and hopefully that command gets added to the Keybinds menu so you don't have to much with this stuff.
    edited May 2013
    miasmat wrote: »
    It looks like that keybind isn't in the Keybind menu, weird. But the command you're looking for is:
    /bind ? +HardTargetLock

and replace "?" with whatever key you want to use. So, if you wanted the F key be your target lock, it'd look like:
    /bind f +HardTargetLock

The "+" before the command name means "while I'm holding the key, this command is enabled". You could also put "++HardTargetLock" and that'd mean "when I press the key, toggle my HardTargetLock on off".

Hope this helps, and hopefully that command gets added to the Keybinds menu so you don't have to much with this stuff.

Thanks very much. I appreciate it. I know it used to be on the keybinds but it was taken out it looks like for some reason. I don't suppose you know the command to unbind the key? Or if I wanted to use a specific key such as my left alt what I'd put? Just "leftalt" or something else?
    edited May 2013
    drusillus wrote: »
    I never used that before.

Is it a single press to lock or do you hold it down?

I think for locking on a target you hold it down.
  • eu3dfxeu3dfx Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just reset your keybinds and keep pressed CTRL after you target something.
  • ontonanontonan Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wait, there is a aimbot? /facepalm Wish i new this at the start. Please add to tutorial at beginning. :)
  • benialahabenialaha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd rather not use that lolz.