test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Will the servers be merged on launcher?

varsas13varsas13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Title pretty much

There has been talk of the servers being merged into just 1 server. Well, will this happen come launch?
Post edited by varsas13 on

Comments

• Options
    blowchunksblowchunks Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 81
    edited June 2013
    Certainly hope not.
  • Options
    toughguyloltoughguylol Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    They said all shards were intended to be combined into one at launch, not sure if that is still the case
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Word on the street has it that yes indeed, that is the plan, details would have cost extra.

However, scuttlebutt around the office says no merge until later this year, which contradicts a source who claims they have had the merge ready to go for some time. My gut says yes, but verify, while my heart says believe.

Take that to the bank.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    rapticorrapticor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,078 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't think they ever said "at launch". Just that was their goal. I'd imagine they wont be merged at that time just because they have no idea what sort of jump, if any, in server population there might be. It's a lot better to get a steady population so that you have a better idea of what to expect.
  • Options
    poseidon29888poseidon29888 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    no they said at launch
  • Options
    bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I'm pretty sure that dev said he purged at lunch, not merge at launch. Eating disorder thing, very hush hush, you understand.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    I have heard no news that said the servers will be merged at launch. They could be but I have heard no news to hint that they will.

The servers will be merged but there's no set time frame for their merge. It's more that they will be merged when the team feels that one single server system can handle all the current (and stable) player population.

Since launch has the potential to draw more players in it's actually more likely that they will not merge the servers.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    no they said at launch

Not saying you're wrong but please cite a source. I've never seen them state that the servers would be merged at launch.
  • Options
    canishelixcanishelix Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 49
    edited June 2013
    If it happens I'd love to see the what happens with AH LOL

Beholder and Dragon.. my god
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    canishelix wrote: »
    If it happens I'd love to see the what happens with AH LOL

Beholder and Dragon.. my god

At least the zones won't look so empty .
  • Options
    jaelithejaelithe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    "Hence, we have decided to launch Neverwinter with three shards, to reduce the risk of players having a negative experience due to servers overloading. Our goal is to continue to optimize our software and hardware so that we can merge the three shards into a single seamless game world soon after launch, and we have built our multi-shard technology with this in mind"

This is from the FAQ - they could have said "at launch" more recently but if so I missed it.
  • Options
    pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    So saying it as a goal isn't actually saying it? Sense much?
    rapticor wrote: »
    I don't think they ever said "at launch". Just that was their goal. I'd imagine they wont be merged at that time just because they have no idea what sort of jump, if any, in server population there might be. It's a lot better to get a steady population so that you have a better idea of what to expect.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Who cares about shards? They can bump up the cap on instances to make the zones have more population and find a comfortable number that's not too crowded and not too empty. Too many **** people at the auction house or postal courier is annoying, especially if they don't have the good sense to dismount.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    pednick wrote: »
    So saying it as a goal isn't actually saying it? Sense much?

I'm not really sure what you are trying to say. Perhaps I was unclear with my wording but I didn't mean to imply a goal for the launch. I meant at some point in the future PAST the launch since there was never anything put out there that said they would be merged at launch.
  • Options
    mctankypantsmctankypants Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A merge sooner than later would make sense to me. I know many people may not be fans of TwitchTv, but over the months a healthy sized community was built around Neverwinter. As of late, numbers and interest have plummeted. Many of us have been talking about how the merge would allow those that are sticking around to see bigger and better things, and enjoy them with new found friends from other servers.
    There is still a semblance of a community. The game designers ought to foster that and push towards a merge as soon as possible.