test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I did not get a blue skeletal dog, but I did enjoy the event

skarlspeedskarlspeed Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 74 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just want to say I enjoyed the event. I probably collected over 400 bone bags and really did a lot of killing to try to get a skeletal dog but the range was just not in my luck. I did buy one from someone as to be a good capitalist consumer :)

I also enjoyed the event because it really allowed a consistent way to test different abilities with my character. It may have appeared to be a repetative grind fest but I really used the time to play with different dailies, encouter and at will powers. I am a slightly fat overweight dude that has played since meridian 59 and where I am now I can't sit in the chair like the younger folks so I do appreciate the opportunity to buy things off the AH. I can't do the "run a plane of hate run for the staff of the magi, stay up all night then go to work and then sleep the next day" kind of dedication so the option to buy works for me.

Thanks again for the fun!
Post edited by skarlspeed on

Comments

• Options
    gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    I loved the event. Sadly no blue bone puppy for me. :( But was still great fun over all. I know people say they are not that great, but it would still would have been a great souvenir to win one :)
  • Options
    ausdoerrtausdoerrt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've got to admit the event was a tad uncreative, I expected more. I would be better if it felt like an actual invasion, with hordes of undead running around PE, not spawning in convenient farming spots at the edges of the map.

Then they should've dropped an undead dragon into the center of PE for everyone to fight off.

But yeah, didn't really feel motivated to log on for this, hoping for more interesting stuff in the future.
  • Options
    drayfindrayfin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You guys had a different experience than I did. There was no way to test when I played because the mobs were instantly killed or tossed very far away. Was a great idea but horribly executed IMHO.

Some wandering mobs would have been nice too.
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I have to say, the end of the event was just a little lacklustre to me, as though the undead weren't really all that enthusiastic about invading.

Kinda like those films, where a dozen bad guys surround the good guy, then proceed to attack, one by one..
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    treepeopletreepeople Member Posts: 17
    edited June 2013
    I got one and gave it to my brother, he was desperate to have one. I had a hell of a lot of fun getting involved. I love the global group aspect to this game. As a cleric, I can run passed anyone and heal them, occasionally annoy them with a knock back or 2, on my wizzie I am little less learned, I still am trying to work out when I take agro/steal kills from them and hope I do not annoy too many people on my way to learning.

EDIT: Also, Who is to say the end of beta has to be the best they give? I hope for more from live tbh :)
  • Options
    burninnateburninnate Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    Was a bit meh... mobs needed more health, portals needed to be more random and needed to last longer imho. Was happy they reworked it a bit to help with the ridiculous lag. Maybe they will keep the smaller PE sizes or reduce them to 50....

Ohh... got 2 blues, bought maybe 6-7 white ones, gonna sit on them for a while. (Hoping Warlock or some sort of Necromancer class gets released.)
  • Options
    c3rvand0c3rvand0 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 404 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I got lucky and got a blue dog, but I must say it was misleading to have the vendor stationed with 2 blue dogs by him when in fact he only sold the plain skeleton version. Whilst the threat was trivial when there were a large number of players, it was far more interesting soloing the spawns ;)
    _______________________________________________________________________[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    seldoniapseldoniap Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I liked it. Not difficult by any means but it did what it was intended to do. Celebrate the end of Beta with a chance to get something that told everyone you were there for Beta by the way of the blue puppy and the Savage Enchants. Grind fest or not it was an easy way to get the stuff.

Call it a gift for little work if you will. I know I have the distinction of saying I earned my blue puppy. Those starting today can never say that. Sometime, a year or two from now, some new person will talk about how they saw someone walking around PE with a skeletal dog! How can I get one? "Son, you had to be there for the end of Beta." Oh man, that would be cool to have....
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It did of course distract me from everything else in the game for a few days. However, I have to base my total enjoyment off what I gained from it. Since I was only participating in the event for the dogs, this event was for me bleh at most. Sure i got a crappy white dog, but what I was trying to farm was a crappy blue dog. I didn't get it, so bleh.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    kiraliakiralia Member Posts: 383 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I am so unlucky with these things....70odd bags of bones with only bones in...partner opens like a dozen and gets a blue dog lol
  • Options
    theshadowlivestheshadowlives Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ausdoerrt wrote: »

Then they should've dropped an undead dragon into the center of PE for everyone to fight off.

I'd love to see something like this happen randomly at any time. Those were some of the best times for me when someone kited a boss into Stormwind or when the Horde invaded in WOW. Breaks up the routine.
  • Options
    labbblabbb Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I liked stage 2 best . 5 minutes of fighting , 25 minutes of beer drinking . Stage 3 by the time I picked up all my loot , it started again . How was I suppose to drink beer ???

203 bone bags .... ONE smurf dog .

But I had a blast , many times I solo'd the portal with me GWF . Just needed to stay away from the southern ones they were always crowded . Evidently you could loot higher then tier 4 runes ? That's the highest I got . Would take 4608 rank 1 to make a rank 7 .
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    200+ bones.. no blue dog... i got a butt load of runes that I fused into around 9 Tier 5 enchantment... well I'll probably sell the enchantment and buy a blue dog. Also got 2 regular dogs for my troubles. IMHO event is okay...
  • Options
    vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    labbb wrote: »
    I liked stage 2 best . 5 minutes of fighting , 25 minutes of beer drinking . Stage 3 by the time I picked up all my loot , it started again . How was I suppose to drink beer ???

I love you mang.

Gateway down, so sadly, I cannot craft many, many pairs of pants.
  • Options
    joshrandhalljoshrandhall Member Posts: 72 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I thought the event was fairly cool - at least it was something. Got a blue after 200+ bones.

I'd like to see more of these, specially revolving around the lore already in game.
  • Options
    chrismk72chrismk72 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It was a great event. Got 2 white , i blue dog and lot of stones.

Thanks for this good event.
  • Options
    scumremoverscumremover Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Didn't the event end early? The servers went down 2 hours before the end time (according to the converted time clock).