test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What can you spend gold on after purchasing your mount?

malevozmalevoz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I saw in zone chat people offering to sell level 60 gear for gold. Is there something I'm missing here? Isn't gold only useful to buy your first mount and the common companions?
Post edited by malevoz on

Comments

• chonir01chonir01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 141 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2013
    potions, injury kits.

@level 60 running T2 epic dungeons .. that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> adds up :(
  • tfangeltfangel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    chonir01 wrote: »
    potions, injury kits.

@level 60 running T2 epic dungeons .. that <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> adds up :(

Yep, it's good to buy and use them too. Who knows what other gold sinks will be added though too, but really, stock up on potions and kits.
  • sparhawksparhawk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Some crafting supplies if you do the crafting.
  • pixelb0xpixelb0x Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'd like to bump this. Are there other things to buy with gold? By the time you are 60, without even trying, and even after you've bought a horse (or two), you still have around 60 - 100 Gp. That's more than a lifetime supply of potions, injury kits and crafting mats.

It's funny to me because I bought a decent piece of gear for about 45g and thought to myself, "Cool! I just got a decent ring for GOLD! HAHA!", and then as soon as I traded, I thought, "Hmmm....hey wait, why does this guy want gold? Am I missing something?" LOL!

On a side note - I WISH you could buy Greater ID scrolls with gold!!!! DX
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    As chonir mentioned depending on how many T2s you PUG injury kits and potions can add up. I find myself going through 5 gold worth over a weekend and that is only because I have to throttle my T2 runs out of fear I am going to run out of gold. Additionally I as sparhawk mentioned tools for crafting can be costly too. But if a person doesn't want to spend gold, they can get by without it. Gold isn't really the currency of this game, AD is.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    As stated, get to level 60. You'll need gold.
  • huckasevenhuckaseven Banned Users Posts: 470 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    you can always make gold into ADs
    (and ofc i wont tell here how, that would just ruin the ratio)
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »

It is no secret people buy companions and mounts and post them in the AH for AD. Any Bind on Equip that is purchased with gold can be used to turn gold into AD.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    huckaseven wrote: »

There are blue items that the NPC vendors sell that people buy and put up on the AH for astral diamonds.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Surely it must be used for something else, I see people selling stuff for gold ll the time but why if its useless, I guess the above posters may be right.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Surely it must be used for something else, I see people selling stuff for gold ll the time but why if its useless, I guess the above posters may be right.
    You can easily use up 20+ Heal pots and 3+ Injury kits in an average Tier 2 Epic PUG attempt, simply because people don't care that much for the other players (except maybe the DC since (s)he keeps them standing) and running each dungeon as fast as possible is the focus. It's the main reason I'm keeping out of those for the time being, as you end up spending more gold on consumables than you earn from drops.
  • parp13parp13 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    malevoz wrote: »
    I saw in zone chat people offering to sell level 60 gear for gold. Is there something I'm missing here? Isn't gold only useful to buy your first mount and the common companions?
    What you can buy is.....stuff people are trading. You can't trade AD, though you wouldn't know it from the zone spam, so all trades are done with gold or other items.
  • kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lvl 60 potions and kits are very expensive when you start buying in bulk and unless you always run with a specific team with a skill cleric, if you are doing Epics, you will need a lot of both of those -- especially on Castle Never. Expect to die a lot in CN if you pug, plain and simple - you can easily run through 5 gp worth of pots and kits in a single run through that place, even WITH a decent team.

If you never do Epic runs... yeah, I can see why you have a lot of gold and don't see much use for it. Then again, you aren't really doing anything challenging either. So, my advice:
    A) donate it to your guild since there's probably others that could use it (if you're in a guild that doesn't appreciate that sort of thing, you're welcome to join mine, we have hundreds of members and a contributor is always appreciated);
    B) buy pots and kits for your friends or guildmates that need them;
    C) run epics over and over -- you'll run through your pile of gold pretty quickly that way. You'll also end up very skilled (at pve anyway) and you'll have decent high end gear to use and sell for ADs, a win-win for you.

(if you have 100 gold, there's really no reason you can't do all three of those things)
  • terradraconisterradraconis Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    20 level 60 healing potions cost 1.5 gold, and 20 level 60 injury kits is more.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]