test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

The Dwarven Tale - NW-DS3RNY82R

lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2013 in Foundry Quest Database
I feel mixed about this one, Many things need improving but I will have to find a way around the detail limit. It is my first try at hack 'n slash adventure. And this will be a side-project of mine when I want a break from the campaign i'm working on. -

The Dwarven tale.

Brethren of Five, by Draedis@lolsorhand
Short Code: NW-DS3RNY82R
Mission Type: Dungeon.
Average Duration: 15-20 minutes (Depending on difficulty, this is intended to solo.)
Amount of Combat: Medium.
Starts at: Protectorate, Neverwinter.
Maps: 2 ( Excavation area, and the ruin itself. )

Suggestions: Have fun! Hack away, there is little to no story involved.

Mission Summary: You are to help a archeologist clear a dwarven ruin of "things".

Description: Not much to say other than that, the main NPC's head, is perfect the way it is.

Ingame Description :

You found this odd, and poorly written note on the postboard. It specified as following,

Are you a brave adventurer seeking fortune? Well seek no further!
My name is Brodalf, and I am the chief over a group of researches that have uncovered a dwarven ruin of sorts. We will give only what you find in the Ruins of Jealgron, but we will help you inside. For the job is to clear whatever monsters you find within.
Sounds simple enough? That's because it is!

(On the note there's also a description as to where this camp is, the rest is up to you.)

Daily/Dwarf Ruins/Hack 'n Slash

Have fun, Difficulty slider ranging from Easy, Medium to Hard. You decide how to play it. (All in mind for Solo play.)

Just hope you enjoy it for what it is, a hack n' slash with some humour. It's very simple but took alot of time to create. ( And the limit hit me hard, luckily I was prepared. )

<("<) Screens as usual :3
ySLLm7Ml.jpg
uEfxQ2Hl.jpg
JGxdfnol.jpg
YpmebZQl.jpg
PS.
This all was more an exercise for me as a map maker, in many ways. Though most of what you see is handplaced, some things are intended to look misplaced by a bit or a tad ugly. - It is a ruin of an old dwarven outpost. (I just saw this more of the entrance to the outpost, or a city. Since a city or real outpost would take a few areas atleast to cover. But the detail limit hit me hard here, I did not spam any certain decal. (And thankfully managed to complete the quest because I was careful with it.)
I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
Post edited by lolsorhand on

Comments

• Options
    dzogendzogen Member Posts: 550 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This was good. Main area of improvement would be map pathing - it wasn't super intuitive but other than that good job.
    Dzogen, Moonstar Agent
    Bill's Tavern | The 27th Level | Secret Agent 34
  • Options
    avatre21avatre21 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I've just finished playing this quest and it is definitely one of my favourites. I find myself asking for more story a lot but yours is the first I've played that I thought genuinely didn't need it. Only have a few additional notes to my in game review (which I can't remember exactly, sorry)
    • "Find the treasure while escaping the ruins" Didn't update the first time and I spent a time running around to see if there was a lower or higher level to complete that objective.
    • The illusion wall may be a bit too well done (or I could just be daft). I found it completely by accident after quite a while searching for another interactable. I was actually just about to post here and ask if the door should have moved with the first chain. Then again, I suppose that's the idea behind those, isn't it?
    • One of the Dwarves was in the wall at the beginning of objective "deeper we delve"
    • Is the named dwarf at the end supposed to keep respawning?
    • The big headed man was just as annoying as I think he was supposed to be, and of course I argued with him til the end ;)

The map itself, and all the details in it, was astounding. I can see why you struggled with the limit. I'm definitely going to play your campaign now. Thank you for sharing.
    The Lonely Dagger Saga:
    The Lonely Dagger Inn
    NW-DHMMZR6BJ
    The Not so Lonely Dagger
    NW-DB19TTKY5

The Beginning of the End:
    Once Bitten
    NW-DUPFPJNSW
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    avatre21 wrote: »
    I've just finished playing this quest and it is definitely one of my favourites. I find myself asking for more story a lot but yours is the first I've played that I thought genuinely didn't need it. Only have a few additional notes to my in game review (which I can't remember exactly, sorry)
    • "Find the treasure while escaping the ruins" Didn't update the first time and I spent a time running around to see if there was a lower or higher level to complete that objective.
    • The illusion wall may be a bit too well done (or I could just be daft). I found it completely by accident after quite a while searching for another interactable. I was actually just about to post here and ask if the door should have moved with the first chain. Then again, I suppose that's the idea behind those, isn't it?
    • One of the Dwarves was in the wall at the beginning of objective "deeper we delve"
    • Is the named dwarf at the end supposed to keep respawning?
    • The big headed man was just as annoying as I think he was supposed to be, and of course I argued with him til the end ;)

The map itself, and all the details in it, was astounding. I can see why you struggled with the limit. I'm definitely going to play your campaign now. Thank you for sharing.

I'll check that, I think I even moved the quest further up, and increased its radius since you played.
    And the dwarf is angry! Of course he doesn't give up.. Until you speak with the big headed man!

The wall is there as intended, once you know it's secret it isn't hard to know what to do. :)

Edit: Made sure the waypoint was moved to a better location, should obvious now. And i'm uncertain what you meant dzogen by pathing. (Player or mob pathing? - I've tried to improve both overall.)
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited June 2013
    And I deem this finished for now. You find anything really off or so, feel free to post it here or PM me. Any way works!
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    Updated as per a few wishes, no major changes just some mob positioning, and two braziers.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    karitrkaritr Member Posts: 662 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2013
    Gave my feedback in the review box. I agree with others that the maps are gorgeous, but feel there wasn't enough hacking and slashing for a 'hack 'n' slash'. The quest/combat was altogether too short to be truly satisfying and cumulative plays will quickly bring this under the time needed to be eligible for a daily, which it would otherwise be perfect for.

I found the initial squabble with Big Head rather tedious, but that is purely subjective and didn't affect my score (much :p).
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    Argued with the "tiny" headed guy for a while. Wanted to see how far you took it. All in all, glad you took the time to make the maps unique.
  • Options
    sh1nob3sh1nob3 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I really like this and I like lolsorhands style of "authorism" I have run it 3 times I think for my daily. I also promote "protect the caravan" it was pretty fun, I think his name was @nokturnal or something. I also have a foundry quest made in this style, I don't like to offer an easy,med,hard. Instead I make the path so its possible to go around large mob clusters, where if you are grouped you can go through them, and I use easy med and hard mobs in different areas. I tried to create something with some difficulty where you would get killed if not cautious or paying attention, I still need some reviews to get it listed, I would appreciate any takers, it is quite ready "Frost Goblin Ambush" NW-DGQ75M27W.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    I've played this many times for a quick daily. Great job.
    Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy
  • Options
    keithejrkeithejr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2013
    5 stars in my book, the only improvement I could even see would be a more epic boss fight. However, I chose easy mode, so probably my fault! ;)
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    keithejr wrote: »
    5 stars in my book, the only improvement I could even see would be a more epic boss fight. However, I chose easy mode, so probably my fault! ;)

Great Success!
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    A few updates, including a change on the boss.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    edited July 2013
    And it is daily once again.
    I like turtles.

• Options
    trishanitrishani Member Posts: 41
    edited July 2013
    I really enjoyed the visuals, especially the city parts before the inner ruins. End of the boss fight was pretty funny. Definitely a keeper in the rotation for foundry daily. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited July 2013
    Glad you enjoyed it :) I'll try yours out after the event, or before if possible. Have more than a few balls in the air atm :p
    I like turtles.