test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CW Lift and Push!!!!

dustyforumdustyforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Library
So I have run CN many times, and as most know, as a CW you generally end of with the responsibility of Lifting adds with singularity, and then pushing them over the edge on the last boss.

My thing is this.... 90% of the time I always miss a couple of adds with my push. Last nights run, I had another CW land a perfect push 100% of the time (the whole run).

This leads me to think my push timing is off.

What is the exact time to activate push after Singularity to land a 100% push?
Post edited by dustyforum on

Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I would also like to know what is the exact time to activate a shield push to gain max AP (if there are no cliffs and the point is the get Arcane up as soon as possible)
  • Options
    apehceapehce Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This has been answered a fair amount of times already, try searching first.

A good way to time your perfect bump is a split second after the black hole starts to expand (near the end of its effect, obviously).

About gaining max AP from the shield, I think the only factor about AP gains is based on how many targets are hit, so the more you hit with it (since no. of targets hit by shield is unlimited, opposed to other CW's spells), the more AP you get, simple as that.
  • Options
    kevinf08kevinf08 Member Posts: 432 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Watch the monsters spin, when they are done spinning use shield. Spiders wont spin.
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I disagree with most of these guys.

Shield: the best time to push is almost when the AS is just about to drop the mobs. If you are particularly good at it and most importantly have no lag, then just as the mob drops also works perfectly. Do not underestimate the importance of correct distancing and standing in front of the AS. It is better to be closer than further for maximum distance. Sometimes, however, this is not what you want, e.g. some bridges in Spellplague that have almost no room behind to drop mobs. To prevent mobs being stuck, it is better to stand further back than usual.

Repel: best time to push is just after the spin or the beginning of the expansion, i.e. much earlier than Shield. Also, unlike Shield almost any angle of pushing works perfectly, you also have much more freedom for distancing. If, however, you use the same distancing as for Shield pushes and effectively aim upwards, you can propel mobs very far, before they start to fall. For the limited Spellplague bridge situations mentioned above, Repel is definitely not the tool to use, unless you like stuck mobs.

Watch this video for an example of flawless Draco Shield punting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_UgM8dF5B0&t=52m45s

TL;DR. Shield, the later the better. Repel, the earlier the better. Both always after spin. Distancing matters and angle sometimes matters.
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You should never miss a single one unless there is a red circle underneath. The timing is as soon as it pops. You can cast it slightly before and be alright, and slightly after as well. But try to go for when the sound is just ready to explode. Btw, as someone who easily runs the boss every day (13K GS CW) with no wipes, I can tell you if you are still using shield post-patch with the CD glitch, you are doing something horribly wrong in this fight. You need to re-evaluate your strategy because Shield punting with the current handicap is just not efficient and you will wipe too often.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there is not specific time. sometimes a singularity will take longer to go off. it depends on how many, distance/any cc effects or whatever.

Every CW has a different method, but i use the nameplates. when i see them shoot up. (the ones hanging around the bottom.) that is when i push. oh and that video? i wouldnt recommend putting your singularity so far away from the edge, because of the position/angle you must be, you can easily brush too close to the dragon. And if you notice, that dude misses quite a few because of that reason.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    grimah wrote: »
    And if you notice, that dude misses quite a few because of that reason.

He missed none except for one due to a tail swipe. All the others he used exactly the same distance every time and always landed it.
  • Options
    dustyforumdustyforum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Would I end up with the same result if I use REPEL instead of shield pop?
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    when i say miss i mean fail to push them all.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    ciopenhauerciopenhauer Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dustyforum wrote: »
    Does Repel have the same timing as shield pop?

Yes... it's the same thing.
  • Options
    keltinblaze1keltinblaze1 Member Posts: 78
    edited June 2013
    no if you are repelling, it is different than shielding. repel comes earlier than shield
    KING Ethan Ma Chao Lu Xun - Dragon Shard - Black Lotus

Check out my CW Oppressor Tank Guide Here
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    no if you are repelling, it is different than shielding. repel comes earlier than shield

Interesting... Do you "Repel" prior to them entering the hole?
  • Options
    spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Repel has capped targets even on Tab, so I find it to be generally useless in any situation.

I tend to use Entangling Force on Tab, no repel at all

I put down Icy Terrain where I intend on placing my Singularity, then put Singularity down on top of the patch, then I use Steal Time immediately, if there's time I put in a tabbed Entangling Force on one of the gathering add's, then I pop them with Shield Burst just as they're coming down.

This usually pops Arcane Singularity again instantly.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC