test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What do you guys think Alchemy Is going to be like?

lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
How do you guys think its going to be like?

I say Elderscrolls clone, this team is kind of lacking in content and such. I dont see much into this. BUt maybe i could be wrong.

If its like elderscrolls the list of recieps is going to be posted online in day or less.

I for one would like to see bad effects like mixing something and goes wrong. Like, changes sex, changes race, polymorph in chicken, blows up causes damage to surrounding area, curses, ability loss, LVL LOSS, MAX HP REDUCED, poison. Perminat effects like that also not just temp timed effects. Then you would need to find someone to remove or reverse those effects or remake the pot that caused it maybe. Or even do small quest for npc's located around to get bad effect removed. Something like this would bring a DnD type flavor to the game. And perm effects like this are apart of DnD and getting changed back to normal is also apart of DnD.

But i can see this being a clone of elderscrolls i dont expect much from this developer as it stands now.

And then for mixing potions it should be alittle of this and a bit of that. So as to make it harder to get it right. If its like elderscrolls which it probly will be then except the pots all listed the same day or day after.
Post edited by lostmarbleshere on

Comments

• Options
    lonnehartlonnehart Member Posts: 846 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Um.... "Epic Failure" results in a potion that causes a spectacular explosion when you collect it, severely injuring/killing you and everyone around you within 30 feet? :)

I'm hoping our skills actually reflect in the quality of the potion, with a Critical Success resulting in a potion that has more effect than the best potions, and a Critical Failure resulting in a potion that gives you a very long debilitating debuff when imbibed...
    *sings* "I like Gammera! He's so neat!!! He is full of turtle meat!!!"

"Hah! You are doomed! You're only armed with that pathetic excuse for a musical instrument!!!" *the Savage Beast moments before Lonnehart the Bard used music to soothe him... then beat him to death with his Fat Lute*
  • Options
    lostmarblesherelostmarbleshere Banned Users Posts: 654 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    lonnehart wrote: »
    Um.... "Epic Failure" results in a potion that causes a spectacular explosion when you collect it, severely injuring/killing you and everyone around you within 30 feet? :)

I'm hoping our skills actually reflect in the quality of the potion, with a Critical Success resulting in a potion that has more effect than the best potions, and a Critical Failure resulting in a potion that gives you a very long debilitating debuff when imbibed...

Ya thats a good one i say 5000 hp damage at least i like critical succuess and failure idea
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • Options
    alnakaralnakar Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Turning myself into a chicken was one of my first accomplishments with alchemy, when I started playing around with it on the test server. I was quite thrilled, honestly.

Basically, the main difference between the way alchemy is set up, and the way that the other professions are set up, is that alchemy has "experimentation" assignments, that are your sole source of advancement. You can farm and mass-produce potions all you want, but you need to "experiment" in order to progress.
    - LTS since shortly before the F2P announcement, and very happy about it.
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Slow, tedious, possibly zen gated but amusing.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    pickygamerpickygamer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think Alchemy in this game is going to be the same as every other profession....send a herb gatherer or something to fetch ingredients (from the set list of missions you can do) and you will wait like and hour. Then most likely you will set a potion in motion (tee hee) with those gathered profession mats and wait 2 hours for the result. As boring as I think this alchemy is going to be I at least hope it produces more then one potion at a time.
  • Options
    chidy1776chidy1776 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Although i imagine alchemy will just be making buff and health pots, i would really like to see stuff from table top d&d like alchemal grenades and liquid fire. Maybe pots that add extra damage types to weapons and spells for a time period. Id just like to see sokething more than health and the standard x power bonus for y time. I feel this game lacks in the diversity that is d&d, but il keep hoping for the best, because outside of my game crashing every 1-2 minutes in PE im really enjoying it and see huge potential.
    Paul 60 guardian fighter on mindflayer.

Rising Star, fun friendly, community focused guild on mindflayer. We strive to help each other and enjoy the game together. Talk to me for info, or feel free to check and join our community at risingstarneverwinter.enjin.com
  • Options
    agentdarkagentdark Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    18 hours to craft 1 potion