test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any other authors experienced this problem?

alucard060alucard060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
I had made my first quest quite a few weeks back, was finally able to get it reviewed enough times to push it to the new tab and had it played enough times to get it eligible for the daily's. Everything was going great! It got played about 90 times over the course of a week once and was getting very good reviews. Then all of a sudden it stopped getting any plays at all, 0, for the last 2+ weeks it hasn't gotten a single play.

Before, I was able to see it slowly climb up the list on the "New" tab, but now I don't see it listed on there at all. The only way I can find it is by searching for it on the "best" tab by typing it's name or by the short code. (Note my quest has an adjusted rating of 3.97 and currently the lowest score being displayed on the best tab is a 4.11 rating)

Anyone else experience this problem or knows what I can do to fix it?

Oh the quest in mention is The Three Brothers - Act 1
Post edited by alucard060 on

Comments

• wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'll look for it.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You're right. I looked for your quest and couldn't find it. Yet a lot of featured/best quests are still listed under new.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You and me both brother: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?353242-My-quest-semi-disappeared-from-the-catalog&highlight=semi

I think it has to do something with how it trends. Seems to be a common trait.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This happens to pretty much all of us, actually. We fall into a mystery void somehow. Once that happens, you have to advertise your quest elsewhere for anyone new to find it.
  • alucard060alucard060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks for your replies everyone! It's sad to see that there are many people that are experiencing the same problem.
  • anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Well I just played this quest, I have to say, well done. It was a lot of fun. Really good use of teleporters, triggers, and invisible walls. I felt like I visited several maps though it was really only one. Hopefully my review gets you closer to whatever the magic number or trend needs to be to get The Three Brothers - Act 1 listed back into the catalog.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • sourcreamkingsourcreamking Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    PW should find somewhere to store quests that doesn't meet "best" or "New" criteria...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The entire campaign can be found here: NWS-DQS27OINC

Individual quests:
    1. Heeding the Call - NW-DMJCDZ5XJ
    2. Bored of the Rings - NW-DFWE3XR6W
    3. Draconian Ways - NW-DUNZEJG2J
    4. When All is Said and Done... - Look at the picture ;)
  • mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Did it happen to disappear right around when you posted the second act? Not entirely sure how the system handles campaign listing vs standalone quests, but it is just one possible connection I thought I'd throw out there.

All that said, I just finished Acts 1 and 2 - wow. I think I saw a review thread for the second act, so I'll post my thoughts there tomorrow - but the short version is that you are an incredibly talented storyteller. Keep up the good work!
    c447.png
  • alucard060alucard060 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It happened about 2 weeks before I released the second act. Thanks very much for the nice comments Mrthebozer! :) I will take a look at yours as soon as I get the chance.