test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Auction House over fees!

avang6avang6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
The trade market has a posting fee which varies, and a 10% take from your sell. This is just a pain, because I'm losing like 15% of the profit and it's not getting me anywhere. We NEED* an Astral Diamond trade option with Person-to-Person trades.
Post edited by avang6 on

Comments

• sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    avang6 wrote: »
    The trade market has a posting fee which varies, and a 10% take from your sell. This is just a pain, because I'm losing like 15% of the profit and it's not getting me anywhere. We NEED* an Astral Diamond trade option with Person-to-Person trades.

Normally I would agree IF AD was the normal currency (gold is for NW) It is a bad idea to have AD exchange person to person since AD can also be traded for Zen (real cash currency as I call it)
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You get posting fee back when someone purchases it. 10% is not that bad for the AH cutt.
  • utaniautania Member Posts: 99
    edited June 2013
    Despite the gateway and auction house stating 10% fee and the broker stating 12.5% fee, it looks like its actually takes 12.5%.

If you item sells however it does refund the posting fee.
  • avang6avang6 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sasheria wrote: »
    Normally I would agree IF AD was the normal currency (gold is for NW) It is a bad idea to have AD exchange person to person since AD can also be traded for Zen (real cash currency as I call it)

You can exchange zen for gold, but you can't transfer that gold you made from NWO to another game. I know because I've tried, lol.
  • sasheriasasheria Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can exchange zen for gold, but you can't transfer that gold you made from NWO to another game. I know because I've tried, lol.

well, you can do it via trade but exchange is design around AD/Zen
    To grow old is inevitable, to grow up is optional.
    Please review my campaign and I'll return the favor.
  • bellaralodunbellaralodun Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    utania wrote: »
    Despite the gateway and auction house stating 10% fee and the broker stating 12.5% fee, it looks like its actually takes 12.5%.

If you item sells however it does refund the posting fee.

Are you not using the actual Auction House? ... It is 10% at the Auction Broker... and of course everything is MORE when you're not at the broker (example placing auctions while in dungeons, pvp, or just sitting at the mailbox)

Everything is more on the go... your listing fee, the Auction House cutt, etc.
  • chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    I agree the auction house 10% tax fee is excessive. Note that there's a bug that makes the AH charge you an extra 2.5% (12.5% total). I think it only happens if your item is over 100K AD.
  • silveralucardsilveralucard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 410 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    well i think the fee is there so you think twice about the AH some will prefer trades in for items directly in game or gold like they mention keys and gold or other stuff :D
    Everything works out in the end . If it hasn't worked out yet, it isn't the end...
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Have to make Astral Diamonds disappear somehow.
    (.-.)
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
    edited June 2013
    Are you not using the actual Auction House? ... It is 10% at the Auction Broker... and of course everything is MORE when you're not at the broker (example placing auctions while in dungeons, pvp, or just sitting at the mailbox)

Everything is more on the go... your listing fee, the Auction House cutt, etc.

I've been posting through the gateway which says 10%, but every sell is taking 12.5%

Will try posting direct to the auction house tomorrow.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013

No, no and um no. As soon as you allow direct diamonds to exchange from one player to another through direct trade, diamond farmers will have a great easy way to exchange diamonds. So no, no and no.
  • healhamstahealhamsta Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 572 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »
    No, no and um no. As soon as you allow direct diamonds to exchange from one player to another through direct trade, diamond farmers will have a great easy way to exchange diamonds. So no, no and no.

Also that would totally defeat the purpose of one of the few Astral Diamond sink we has known as the AH Fee...
    Delve loot murdered my TR, DC, & GWF. Nerf Plox:
    I know that it sucks to no longer get gear to sell from the Dungeon Delve chest but it was truly overpowered.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    Auction house tax is EXORBITANT. The fact that the auction house is the only way to trade AD is ludicrous also. We're allowed to trade gold person to person, yet we're not allowed to trade AD. That's a big joke on gold, which has very little value. Another thing is that the auction broker in Protector's Enclave is constantly yelling about getting your gold via the auction house yet it only deals in AD. WTH is up with that?
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You can reduce the value of the posting fee a lot by reducing the Bid, assuming you use a Buyout of course.
  • zeromatrix01zeromatrix01 Member Posts: 82
    edited June 2013
    krumple01 wrote: »

Yet you think they don't get around this via the AH? Doesn't matter, it's still easy enough for them now.
  • krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yet you think they don't get around this via the AH? Doesn't matter, it's still easy enough for them now.

Sure there are ways around it, but why make it easier for them?
    edited June 2013
    utania wrote: »
    I've been posting through the gateway which says 10%, but every sell is taking 12.5%

Will try posting direct to the auction house tomorrow.

Nope item sold with 12.5% fees deducted, I hope its not what the buyer uses cause that would be stupid!