test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Combat Log post-patch

ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I don't appear to have written to the combat log since the 13th. I closed ACT and deleted all my logs, and now a new one will not generate. Was combat log disabled?
Steelkat/Unfrozen Caveman - DCs
Guild Leader of MOPP4
MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.
Post edited by ataranes on

Comments

• fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think it was either disabled by default in a recent patch (presumably to not fill up people's hard drives or lower performance for those that are not using the log) or it disables if there is no combat log, i.e. you deleted it, because I did the same as you and noticed the same thing.

So, what I do now is if I want a combat log, I type:

/combatlog 1

in the console and try to remember to turn it off after with

/combatlog 0.
  • ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    Oh I know, when I type those, it echos to the screen, but no actual files are created. So it might be an issue with my game. I deleted and am reinstalling now to see if that fixes it.
    Guild Leader of MOPP4
    MOPP 4′s community was created to cater to those who have served or currently serve in the armed forces around the world as well as friends, family & supporters of the armed forces. We also now proudly support the Wounded Warrior Project. For more details please go here.
  • ataranesataranes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 61
    edited June 2013
    My reinstall fixed the issue.
    Guild Leader of MOPP4