test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Questions regarding duplicating foundry quests.

gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
So after a few positive reviews, I think I'd like to turn "The village on ebon lake" into a campaign . The former being part one.

I've already made a bunch of changes since the editor came back up.
*difficulty slider on the final map (reviewer suggestion)
*more things that happen if you just happen to see them (immersion)
*more FX for final(?) boss

So the question is:

The copy bug I've heard of, what exactly am I looking at when I go to duplicate the foundry into a campaign ?
I'm at work ATM, since I haven't tried it, I'm assuming I go to start a campaign, then somehow copy/duplicate my previous foundry. God I'm hoping its that simple , I'd rather not recreate from scratch.

Anybody with experience on this subject?
~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
H.P Lovecraft style Horror
Post edited by gorgothus on

Comments

• neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't have to duplicate your quest to add it to a campaign. You simply need to create a new campaign and add the quest to it.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I had no issues at all when i duplicated my first quest. Everything was exactly the same, and i started editing it to build the second quest. Granted, my quest only had one map and was fairly simple, but i don't see how that should matter for what you're trying to do.

Having said that, here are a couple notes:
    -If your quest title is too long, you may get an error. If this is the case, change your quest title to something really short, Save it (don't publish!), then duplicate it. It adds "Copy of" to the title of the new quest. After duplicating, change the title of your original quest back to it's original title, and Save again (don't publish).
    -After doing this, log out of the client altogether. Then log back in and open your new quest duplicate. When switching from one project to another, the dialog, maps, and items sometimes don't show up. They're there, just you can't see them. Relogging takes care of that.

The issues i have had were with duplicating a map within a quest. But that's an entirely different conversation. :)
    neomys99 wrote: »
    You don't have to duplicate your quest to add it to a campaign. You simply need to create a new campaign and add the quest to it.

^ That too. :) I may have misunderstood your question, i thought you were trying to duplicate your first quest to use as a base for your next one.
  • ovaltine74ovaltine74 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    neomys99 wrote: »

Unless he wants to recreate all the costumes for the second quest in his campaign he will want to duplicate his quest and delete everything he is not going to use for the second one. Keeping the costumes and characters, any maps he wants to reuse. So on and so forth.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    NW-DMIME87F5
    Awaiting a serious response from the developers on the abuse of the review system by other authors.

Video Preview
  • gorgothusgorgothus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    Thanks much for the speedy replies =) you all pretty much answered my questions thanks.
    ~FOUNDRY MISSION~ The Village on Ebon Lake ~Check it out!~
    Search Code NW-DQ3S67EKX
    H.P Lovecraft style Horror