test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Please Fix the memory leak

morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in Bug Reports (PC)
Dear Cryptic,

Please fix the Memory Leak that Neverwinter's engine has got. Its been quite a long time now, and even though you are posting on some patch notes that you fixed "a cause of the Out Of Memory error", nothing is improving in terms of the crashes for me.

They are random, but always happen in Protectors Enclave, after playing for a long period of time, usually more than 1 hour. And it is no surprise that it happens in PE, since this is the most "heavy" area in terms of workload for my PC, and the longer I play, the more memory it uses up, resulting in a crash.

I am on Windows XP, and because of memory limitations with 32-bit systems, I am constricted to 2GB. But that does NOT mean that this game or any game should crash because of it. If I load up the game, and check memory usage in PE, it does not even come close to 2GB, but later on it increases exponentially. Which smells memory leak to me.

Please do something about that, the game is already launching.
Thank you
Post edited by morpheas768 on

Comments

• xdipsheetxdipsheet Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dude, got the same thing just now..been playing all week long without crashing. it just happened suddenly. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>
  • morpheas768morpheas768 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I hope they address this soon. Neverwinter is an amazing game, but so far its being held back by the many issues its got.

But I've heard people say that the memory leak has been there since Champions Online (they share the same engine).