test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How many people will die from new event...because.

abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
OMG portal every 5mins. Now no one can move from town let alone there computer. Just think of how many especially people will die farming portals today. Its a sad day indeed. Hardly anytime to eat or drink water to live and definitely no time to move from your computer. The key to gaming is to have breaks but now I am almost taking up my 5min break from a portal to post this. Sorry guys I have to get back and hit Alt Tab real quick. Don't worry about me though I have Gatorade, food and I will be sure to stretch in between portals. Maybe even do pushups to get ready for the next.

What do you do inbetween portals? Hope this event doesn't kill to many good gamers :(
Post edited by abombination247 on

Comments

• xiolinxiolin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You don't have to do it every 5 minutes o.O
    Xilly The Silly Dwarf of Eyrda :P
    Waiting for a cool sig T.T
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    OMG portal every 5mins. Now no one can move from town let alone there computer. Just think of how many especially people will die farming portals today. Its a sad day indeed. Hardly anytime to eat or drink water to live and definitely no time to move from your computer. The key to gaming is to have breaks but now I am almost taking up my 5min break from a portal to post this. Sorry guys I have to get back and hit Alt Tab real quick. Don't worry about me though I have Gatorade, food and I will be sure to stretch in between portals. Maybe even do pushups to get ready for the next.

What do you do inbetween portals? Hope this event doesn't kill to many good gamers :(

Hahaha.. im still laughing xD
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • jiglesjigles Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    .. and inbetween portal i pee to the garbage box by my side o.O dont you?
    Collision - LVL 60 TR ○○○ ENYO - LVL 60 CW
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    xiolin wrote: »
    You don't have to do it every 5 minutes o.O

Yea right!!! That's insane talk. You don't have to do it every 5mins. Portal just closed so I could post. Phew.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In between portals Im microwaving hot pockets and making speed runs to the restroom in order to prepare this physical body to sit in a chair for 18 hours to farm undead spawns at 5 minute intervals. :p

Actually after I got my first blue skeletal dog I stopped and went outside.
    edited June 2013
    chai23 wrote: »
    In between portals Im microwaving hot pockets and making speed runs to the restroom in order to prepare this physical body to sit in a chair for 18 hours to farm undead spawns at 5 minute intervals. :p

Actually after I got my first blue skeletal dog I stopped and went outside.

Lucky you. opened like 62 bags today no dog.

Has anyone gotten the word out to move every 5mins. Cause we can't leave our computer. This event should of come with a warning!!! I had to cancel all my plans. Lets keep gamers in our prayers today. :)
  • bcvaporbcvapor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 285 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Give me some sweet sweet Blue Love Cryptic. J-just enough to get me through mAN!! C'mon Cryptic you know I'm good for it!

Blue-Skelly where art thou?!?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, I'm not taking part every portal. Maybe 3 in a row, then internet/toilet/food/outside break for an hour or so. I've already gotten 3 blue dogs(kept one for myself, sold one for 35g and gave one away) and enough bones for 4 normal dogs so I'm not bovvered.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm not taking part every portal. Maybe 3 in a row, then internet/toilet/food/outside break for an hour or so. I've already gotten 3 blue dogs(kept one for myself, sold one for 35g and gave one away) and enough bones for 4 normal dogs so I'm not bovvered.

No sleep here hardly any... the portal sound kept waking me up I would roll to the side of my bed kill. roll back. Its a tough one but I am hanging in there. Take a break no way.!!! have to make every portal!! Please stop all the 5min portals.. I CAN'T STOP!!!!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    psst...
    Dieing in Protector's Enclave won't injure you.

So it's alright. You can die if you want to.
    In fact I died last night trying to solo a whole hoard of them. I was not prepared for the amount of damage I took haha.
  • belladanbelladan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 146 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ^_^ 3 rank 6's and 2 rank 5's made so far. Too bad I have to work. They only start becoming OP at rank 7.
  • bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    this is funny, I'm about to go run and then take my boy to the park I sure do want to blow that stuff off!!!! Darn blue skelly
    edited June 2013
    psst...

In fact I died last night trying to solo a whole hoard of them. I was not prepared for the amount of damage I took haha.

I am not talking about dieing in Protector's Enclave. I am talking about dieing in real life!! Gamers wont move,sleep,eat and will die the gamers death of a deadly blood clot that has claimed the lives of so many serious farmers. Farmers beware call your farming friends if they haven't moved from a computer for 24 hrs during this event. They could die. You can save his life
  • frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I stopped after doing a 7 enchant and getting a blue dog... its tiresome and is messing with conections of lots of players.
  • soulsofcreationsoulsofcreation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Aw, come on, people. If you think it's not fun and it's not entertaining, don't do it. Is it really that hard? Do stuff you want to in life. It's not worth torturing yourself, guys.

PS: Sorry I can't lecture you any more. I'm installing a urinal next to my desk during the 5 minutes before the next portal. Don't wanna miss the portal by having to pee. ;)

PPS: For all you people with no sense of humor, PS was a joke. I already got myself a rare Skeletal Dog without actually aiming for it.
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    psst...

Word. Solo-ing against Unhallowed Wights = bad idea. Unfortunately, there were not enough people around a couple of times I took them on and ended up against three of them at once. Oh my, the horror.

Thankfully, I returned to finish the fight and now I can resume crafting many, many pairs of pants.
  • rsheartsrshearts Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »

Wow. I've been playing the event a LOT (not dangerously-lot, but a lot) - purchased 3 white dogs, have 16 bags, and 20 scrolls. No blue dog.

:(
  • wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    My ridiculously under-powered rogue survived through an encounter, though his attacks did pretty much nada. I don't really care about the event though. I just accidentally stumbled upon one of those wights while walking through PE.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • viciousjediviciousjedi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It scares me the obsession a blue skeletal dog has caused.. Goodness what would have happened if the dog was epic.. or ... even better the loot bag could drop an epic mount lol.
    Old School gamer, reviewer of mmos and slayer of dragons.
    edited June 2013
    It scares me the obsession a blue skeletal dog has caused.. Goodness what would have happened if the dog was epic.. or ... even better the loot bag could drop an epic mount lol.

True... very true..
    edited June 2013
    Ok I am in between portals. I am going to attempt to walk away from my computer and go outside. If I am strong enough I can stop farming this evil event that was created to go off every 5mins. Why ohhh Why did you make it every 5mins!!
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    Because it's the joy that just keeps going and going and going and going and going and going....

May the force be with you...wait wrong genre.
    Where there is a will there is a way...to generic...
    Keep your staff firmly planted! Yeah that one is better. :-)
  • bdragonbbdragonb Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 103 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Already got my Blue dog, now time to famr bags to gold.:p
  • theshadowlivestheshadowlives Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vortican wrote: »
    Word. Solo-ing against Unhallowed Wights = bad idea. Unfortunately, there were not enough people around a couple of times I took them on and ended up against three of them at once. Oh my, the horror.

Thankfully, I returned to finish the fight and now I can resume crafting many, many pairs of pants.

I had one chasing me. For us old-timers, looked like a comedy chase scene from the Benny Hill show. At least that was the theme music from the show was playing in my head when it happened. :D
  • gnominiongnominion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 42
    edited June 2013
    This is what the portal event has driven us to.

gaming-toilet.jpg
    edited June 2013
    gnominion wrote: »
    This is what the portal event has driven us to.

gaming-toilet.jpg

That is amazing my friend!! I need one.