test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cleric Build PvE/PvP - Tekk's Tavern [video]

tekkwintertekkwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Temple
Hey there everyone. Been playing since the first day of the OB launch. The video below is my overview of a build that I use for both PvE and PvP. I talk about some gear items along with Power's and Feat allocation and use. I try to keep it moving along as quick as possible while giving insight into some of the decisions made.

Mainly just wanted to share this for people heading into the official "Launch". I hope it helps and feel free to leave any questions, comments or suggestions here on this thread or in the comments of the video. Feel free to check out some of my other NW videos as well.

Link to Video: Tekk's Travels: Tekkor's Cleric Build 1.0 (PvE/PvP)

Link to Build: http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=p6k:4zosf:a60s,13kl312:6c000:6zu0u:6uo00&h=0
Tekkor | Adventurer & Brewmaster
Tekk's Tavern |
http://www.youtube.com/user/TekkorGJC
Post edited by tekkwinter on

Comments

• paraphronparaphron Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey there, enjoyed watching your vid. Though i noticed something, as far as i know the mechanics
    behind Divine Fortune, if you dont use Healing Word as you said, this feature doesnt help you at all
    since all your other powers actually do damage(and AS either is cast in divine mode or outside it,
    it doesnt heal)
    I dont think you gave Holy Fervor enough credit. In my experience the difference between having it
    slotted or not at r3 is really noticeable.
    Correct me if I am wrong still very new to the game ;)
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    paraphron wrote: »
    I dont think you gave Holy Fervor enough credit. In my experience the difference between having it
    slotted or not at r3 is really noticeable.
    Correct me if I am wrong still very new to the game ;)

Indeed, holy fervor is the best cleric feature until you feat foresight.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I do not think most of this is very good for PvP.
    Using two sets of gear can certainly be good, but taking divine emissary for its 400 crit over the 20% divinity gain is madness. In PvP with all the crowd control going on, building divinity is difficult so that 20% gain is pretty important; you'd need an awful lot of compensation for that and the divine emissary gear isn't going to do it.
    With defense and deflect so low, you must get one-shotted a lot! :eek:
    Also not speccing into astral shield does not seem very good to me.
  • tekkwintertekkwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    oroness wrote: »
    Indeed, holy fervor is the best cleric feature until you feat foresight.

Yeah thats sorta my line on it. I just felt for me Foresight with one of the others was a better fit. The HW info is something I will have to look at though as I wasnt aware it worked that way.
    Tekk's Tavern |
  • tekkwintertekkwinter Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    izatar wrote: »
    I do not think most of this is very good for PvP.
    Using two sets of gear can certainly be good, but taking divine emissary for its 400 crit over the 20% divinity gain is madness. In PvP with all the crowd control going on, building divinity is difficult so that 20% gain is pretty important; you'd need an awful lot of compensation for that and the divine emissary gear isn't going to do it.
    With defense and deflect so low, you must get one-shotted a lot! :eek:
    Also not speccing into astral shield does not seem very good to me.

I dont agree with your point but thanks for sharing. I never have an issue with Divinity in PvP. So no...I do not feel Im missing that 20% bonus. With only having 5vs5 pvp as the only mode RIGHT NOW...on such small maps...its not like you have long periods of no action or targets. Putting BotS on all the targets and Astral Seal...I have no issues on that front.

I dont get one shotted alot...with a few of the feats I have like toughness and Holy Resolve they help on that front. Also..Im finishing my Ion Stone companion and will have the Icon on him soon which will help a bit more on defense. My current defense is at about 1300. I want it about 2k.

Again...this build is a build I have found to work fairly well both directions for PvE and PvP. Yeah...you could sell out a bit more towards PvP but then it would hurt the PvE side a bit too much.

Also...what do you mean not speccing into Astral Shield as I am.
    Tekk's Tavern |
  • oronessoroness Member Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tekkwinter wrote: »
    Yeah thats sorta my line on it. I just felt for me Foresight with one of the others was a better fit. The HW info is something I will have to look at though as I wasnt aware it worked that way.

Oh no, don't get me wrong. Holy Fervor is the best feature until you feat foresight, then it becomes your second best feature. Holy Fervor + foresight is a win-win. The rest of the features are quite trivial, situational or just pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. 15% AP is a lot, use it with sunburst and you'll see why.

Divine Fotune only works with HW and Bastion. Soothe... aggro is aggro and we've proved that we can handle it way better than other classes so for me it has no practical use. Insight... omg our damaging skills are so scary /sarcasm. Prophetic: Pathetic. Lore: Useful when you need a boost to your self heals, because your partymates won't notice that 15% extra healing anyway.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I want this class in NW. :o
    edited June 2013
    I dont agree with your point but thanks for sharing. I never have an issue with Divinity in PvP. So no...I do not feel Im missing that 20% bonus. With only having 5vs5 pvp as the only mode RIGHT NOW...on such small maps...its not like you have long periods of no action or targets. Putting BotS on all the targets and Astral Seal...I have no issues on that front.

I dont get one shotted alot...with a few of the feats I have like toughness and Holy Resolve they help on that front. Also..Im finishing my Ion Stone companion and will have the Icon on him soon which will help a bit more on defense. My current defense is at about 1300. I want it about 2k.

Again...this build is a build I have found to work fairly well both directions for PvE and PvP. Yeah...you could sell out a bit more towards PvP but then it would hurt the PvE side a bit too much.

Also...what do you mean not speccing into Astral Shield as I am.

Ioun stones don't work in PvP.
  • extol01extol01 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Hey there everyone. Been playing since the first day of the OB launch. The video below is my overview of a build that I use for both PvE and PvP. I talk about some gear items along with Power's and Feat allocation and use. I try to keep it moving along as quick as possible while giving insight into some of the decisions made.

Mainly just wanted to share this for people heading into the official "Launch". I hope it helps and feel free to leave any questions, comments or suggestions here on this thread or in the comments of the video. Feel free to check out some of my other NW videos as well.

Link to Video: Tekk's Travels: Tekkor's Cleric Build 1.0 (PvE/PvP)

Link to Build: http://nwcalc.com/dc?b=p6k:4zosf:a60s,13kl312:6c000:6zu0u:6uo00&h=0

For those of us starting out, which race for the Cleric would you consider to be better for PvP?
    Also, starting stats if you don't mind.

Thanks!
    edited June 2013
    extol01 wrote: »
    For those of us starting out, which race for the Cleric would you consider to be better for PvP?
    Also, starting stats if you don't mind.

Thanks!
    you can't go wrong with human since you get extra feats.
    I myself use halfling for the deflect bonus and the smaller hitbox
  • extol01extol01 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Is it possible to still get the starting stat allocation, with the thought of eventually playing PvP?
    I see Tekk ended up with WIS-22, STR-19, CHA-19, but what should you start with to eventually get there?
    I'm a **** here and don't want to run into any regrets later on in the game.

thanks!
  • bekey2ndbekey2nd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    -sniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiip-