test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Favorite Solo Dungeon?

jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I haven't seen them all yet,but so far, my far and away favorite Solo Dungeon is the Clockwork Guild Tomb in Neverdeath.

what's your favorites?
Post edited by jaymadiv#8056 on

Comments

• ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Epic Temple of the Spider I solo it everyday .
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe I am missing something but what is the point of doing any non-epic dungeon runs, even solo? For some green loot?
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, you are missing something. Reading comprehension.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jmadfour wrote: »
    I haven't seen them all yet,but so far, my far and away favorite Solo Dungeon is the Clockwork Guild Tomb in Neverdeath.

what's your favorites?
    Maybe I am missing something but what is the point of doing any non-epic dungeon runs, even solo? For some green loot?
    Since the OP mentioned Clockwork Guild Tomb (which is NOT Cloak Tower) it occurs to me that he may be referring to the Story Instances you go through while solo questing and not the various End of Zone Dungeons for teams.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Since the OP mentioned Clockwork Guild Tomb (which is NOT Cloak Tower) it occurs to me that he may be referring to the Story Instances you go through while solo questing and not the various End of Zone Dungeons for teams.

that is correct.
  • okaminosukeokaminosuke Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Maybe because an author writes about solo instance which should not be called dungeon, as dungeons are instances you normally do with group. Played many MMO's and storyline related instances were never called dungeons by anyone...

This is the cause of my misunderstanding. Sorry.
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    well, I apologize for not being clear enough. I thought "Solo Dungeon" was an appropriate term, but i guess I was wrong.

that's what I call them. I call the Group Dungeons by what the game calls them, Dungeon Delves.
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The Waterclock tomb only stands out for me. And that is only because that freaking Gelatinous Cube has managed to scare me out of my shorts every fricking time now. Its evil, EBIL I say!
  • lltsnwnlltsnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 787 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    The tower with the spell plague. Very cool opening cinematic with Seargent Knox joining the crew and setting the scene. Lots of secret doors, easy to understand puzzle like quests, cut scenes used well instead of just default "oh here is boss X insert", a story that builds up from the quests that actually come together, "good guy" was bad guy story plot, etc.

Everything about the spell plague tower and quests was the best thing in Neverwinter to date.
    12.jpgRanger.jpg
  • casheashecasheashe Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clockwork Dung was super cool, but **** it took forever on my GF.
  • kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    The Waterclock tomb only stands out for me. And that is only because that freaking Gelatinous Cube has managed to scare me out of my shorts every fricking time now. Its evil, EBIL I say!

You too, eh? :D

(I did eventually get to expect it, but that's just because I've leveled a bunch of alts.)

...the gelatinous cube makes me think - gee, it'd be nice if they had more really random mobs (and/or more enemy variety). Here's hoping that each module comes with a good number of new enemies.
  • aepervius1972aepervius1972 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    favorite : clock tomb , the one you solo with lots of clock.
    Worst one : it was the temple of elemental something ? Big boss were stacked in what is supposed to be a solo dungeon, and you get 2 mega health sponge mega AOE mini boss near a ledge , very very far away from the last camp site. I don't mind failing, but I do mind failing and being forced into a 5 minutes walk back thru an empty dungeon. This is smack bad dungeon design.
  • jerbezjerbez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiralyn wrote: »
    You too, eh? :D

(I did eventually get to expect it, but that's just because I've leveled a bunch of alts.)

...the gelatinous cube makes me think - gee, it'd be nice if they had more really random mobs (and/or more enemy variety). Here's hoping that each module comes with a good number of new enemies.

I like that cube. It gave me a nice D&D feel.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lltsnwn wrote: »
    The tower with the spell plague. Very cool opening cinematic with Seargent Knox joining the crew and setting the scene. Lots of secret doors, easy to understand puzzle like quests, cut scenes used well instead of just default "oh here is boss X insert", a story that builds up from the quests that actually come together, "good guy" was bad guy story plot, etc.

Everything about the spell plague tower and quests was the best thing in Neverwinter to date.

^^.

For Story: spell plague tower ones are amazing. Hidden rooms, many with chests, puzzles, perfectly interwoven with an epic quest line. They could have taken this even further across other story lines. But even getting one was unexpectedly good.

For Challenge: I like the wolves den one in Icespire Peak (couldn't do it solo on my Cleric after 2 tries, but very manageable on my CW) and the one with the one-shotting dwarf on a nasty mount in Mount Hotenow. The best one, ofc, is the final one of Whispering Caverns with those super-fast purple brain dogs and the hidden room full of treasure chests and 5 elites of each player class (didn't realise Clerics are so annoying!) plus the final quest boss of the game who spawns elites - it all took ages on my DC, but was easy to survive, whereas I had to work flat out to not die as CW.

Of course, this was all pre-patch when AS had no uptime gap. Now I pity DC's levelling and having to do the later solo instances and gawd forbid if they ever set foot in an foundry by those levels...
  • thebrimanthebriman Member Posts: 218 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    jerbez wrote: »
    I like that cube. It gave me a nice D&D feel.

Agree completely. The Cube was one of most D&Dish moments of the leveling experience for me, along with the chest tucked into a corner of one of the later instances that turned out to be a Mimic (sorry can't remember which instance it was in). More of that kind of "whoops!" encounter would definitely be a good thing.