test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

How do I add sound to an adventure

feuygarfeuygar Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Silverstars Posts: 102 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Hi,

I didn't really investigate it before, given that sound was in the most-part broken.

Now I'd like to improve my Foundry adventures by adding sound, but I haven't got a clue how to do that.

Do you need to add sound to an object, or to a location. Do I use a trigger and how do I stop it going off like a constant car alarm, is there a frequency timer?

Also, I could not find a resource bank of sounds in the foundry, so does everyone "borrow" them off the web, if so what format works well (e.g. MP3). Say I wanted a wolf howl, do I need to watch part of a film on youtube and record the noise then somehow locate that file and upload/link it to the Foundry?

As you can see I am hopelessly lost and please need some guidance.

Thanks

Feuygar

The Silver Scroll
[422 - Yeenoghu's Bride is WiP]
Post edited by feuygar on

Comments

• almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you click on the "Special" tab you will see an icon that says sound. You click and drag these to where you want the sound to be and then you can set when the sound will happen and even when it will stop. You can't import your own sounds, they are all already included in the foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    In addition to what almostcool said, I'll note that sounds use the same kinds of triggers that other objects do. They also come in "one time" or "looping". Looping sounds, as you might suspect, keep playing on an indefinite loop that's designed to be (mostly) seamless. Ones that play once will do just that, then never trigger again.

Most music sounds will play across the entire map, while most sound effects will play only in a limited area. When you place the sound object and then definite its sound, it'll show a blue circle around it to illustrate its range. No circle means it'll play throughout the map.
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This is a great place to point you to the FAQ thread that seems will never be stickied.

[FAQ] Foundry Tips, Manuals, Tutorials, & Bugs