test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Popularity of classes

lochsfeatlochsfeat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
With some changes with the classes, Who do you think dominates the PvP?Most popular class?Least popular class?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    kerlaakerlaa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    PvP Dominater: TR
    Class President (Most Popular): TR
    Class Nerd (Least Popular): DC

Just my 2 coppers worth.
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »

Just my 2 coppers worth.

Pretty much this , ofc you can see some wizards here and there .
  • Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kerlaa wrote: »

Just my 2 coppers worth.

Yeah, this.

TR>>CW/GF>GWF>>>>>>>>>>DC
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    lsafa7llsafa7l Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    i say wizards dominate pvp just most wizards lack skills

most popular is tr ofc
  • Options
    ceryndrionceryndrion Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any class can dominate in pvp, it is just a matter of knowing how to play your class correctly. That being said, some classes do have an easier time than others.

From a PvE perspective though, I would say that there are more rogues than any other class, with wozzids and gwf's coming in second, guardians and clerics bring up the rear unfortunately, even though they are just as needed as any other class. But this is always the case in MMO's.. DPS > Tank > Healer
    I reject your reality and I substitute my own!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My opinions are my own, and do not represent those of Perfect World Entertainment, or Cryptic Studios
    [ Rules of Conduct - Terms - FAQ - Support Centre - Important Stuff ]
  • Options
    monarrchmonarrch Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ceryndrion wrote: »
    Any class can dominate in pvp, it is just a matter of knowing how to play your class correctly. That being said, some classes do have an easier time than others.

From a PvE perspective though, I would say that there are more rogues than any other class, with wozzids and gwf's coming in second, guardians and clerics bring up the rear unfortunately, even though they are just as needed as any other class. But this is always the case in MMO's.. DPS > Tank > Healer

Yeah this is an attempt at trying to be the voice of reason in a sea of "exaggerated" views. Always people like this and sometimes they are right but certainly not this time. Rogues have been and still are out of control. They are one shotting people still but not even with a daily, they are using lashing blade now which is worse because its not on the long daily cool down. They are able two kill people with a ranged skill without coming out of stealth, a ranged skill. Silly. Rogues or casters? Wow, GW2, And others have all at one point or another have had noses so far up this classes ayss that its becoming a predictable and boring cliche. Before beta even began I posted on the forums that my prediction was that GFs and Rogues would be OP. I knew this because it seems to be the norm that Rogues are supposed to one shot people for some reason rather than actually pick opportune moments to strike enemies, no just come out of stealth and hit one effing button to win. I'm supposed to respect people that play this class? More to the point the people that designed it?

Pffft.
  • Options
    adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    But this is always the case in MMO's.. DPS > Tank > Healer

...which is the reason some people specifically pick the "low popularity, but wanted" classes. If you are a DC, you will usually not have much of a problem getting into a group - in particular not when some groups want 2 DCs.

Now, the problem is when you have a class that many others don't really want to see...when did you last see someone looking for a GWF to join their dungeon group?
    Hoping for improvements...
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    That's really just because GWFs don't fit into the nice little MELEE DPS/RANGED DPS/TANK/HEALS set up, so people aren't quite so sure what they...do, really. Rogues kill stuff 1:1, GFs get everything angry and don't die, wizards crowd control, clerics keep peeps alive. That's fairly traditional. Melee DPS that's heavily PBAoE and that switches between squishy and tank...is different.
  • Options
    vendingtonvendington Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tang56 wrote: »
    Yeah, this.

TR>>CW/GF>GWF>>>>>>>>>>DC

lol so wrong , both of you , with my GF i hit over 14 K crits with Lunging strike and bull charge , not even speaking when Indomitable strength daily goes crit ( about 19 K ), GF is the shining class in pvp

and i crit realy realy often with 12.500 gear score , atleast about 50% or more of the time

just follow this guide ( or watch the video only ) GG

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_n8TD4dqaA
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

It's just a matter of how big your credit card is or how much you've spent mindlessly farming - nothing to do with skill .