test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Threatening Rush rubber-banding?

jageusjageus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Militia Barracks
I've been combing through the Bug Reports and Barracks forums, haven't seen anything on this issue.

Threatening Rush in PvP will either rubber-band so I end up right back where I started or won't go all the way to the target. It's infuriating! I've talked to other GF's in game and they're all saying something similar but I haven't heard if anything is being done about it.

Ping varies between 120-150 so I'm guessing that whatever server based properties this skill has are seriously bugged or broken.
Post edited by jageus on

Comments

• kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If there is something in the path, even a tiny little stone you get rubber-band by using skills like threatening rush, lunging strike and bull charge.

Thats atleast my guess cuz i don't think it has anything to do with ping cuz i know other games that also has rubber-band with charge skills no matter connection.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I should make a video about this because I will literally start lunging and spam it about 10 x and eventually never go anywhere meanwhile my character does like 1/2 of the actual lunge but then gets bounced back to the start point... SUPER annoying. Especially since the range on threat rush is SUPER low... I can almost walk that far whith a jump/at will at the end and it almost does the same thing...
  • trollgretrollgre Member Posts: 297
    edited June 2013
    on your screen the enemy is in your range (lunging strike for ex)
    but on the servers your enemy is moving away from you/running that makes you backtrack (bec for the server he is still not on your skills range)

it is best to close the gap a little first before using dash/teleporting skills to prevent backtracking
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No i realize why its happening, but when your desperately trying to catch a rogue who is at 5% HP who is running away and he is just outside of your range on the server but in your range on your screen, pressing the lunge to then realize he IS just outside of your range on the server, already cost you that time to even TRY and catch him. The best bet you have it so keep spamming cause everyonce in a while it will eventually go through and you can hit them... Most of the time, it bugs out and he will escape.

It is very annoying, I would much rather have it just NOT hit them and NOT let me even hit the button OR lunge me but lunge me to where he WAS... Obviously this would create other issues but I often do lose a few kills because of this, and then because of the brilliant way that potions work (sarcastic) even if I can catch him, because the healing lasts through combat. there is no chance in winning the fight...
  • kr0owekr0owe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 104 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Btw, using Bulls charge in stairs without jumping doesn't work most of the time cuz you get rubber-band, same thing happends with lunging strike even if you are at the enemy.

Thats one of the reasons i guessed on the tiny stones but trollgre probably is on the right track.
  • jageusjageus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    trollgre wrote: »
    on your screen the enemy is in your range (lunging strike for ex)
    but on the servers your enemy is moving away from you/running that makes you backtrack (bec for the server he is still not on your skills range)

it is best to close the gap a little first before using dash/teleporting skills to prevent backtracking

Wow that sucks! I don't know about the range thing though because I've HELD DOWN Threatening Rush and gone about half way and literally followed the dude across half the zone. Seriously, like a good 10 seconds of just following about half the distance of what I was before I held down Threatening Rush. It ended because I must have tripped on a rock or something like ko0we said xD
  • feiergiantfeiergiant Member Posts: 112 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    ayroux wrote: »
    No i realize why its happening, but when your desperately trying to catch a rogue who is at 5% HP who is running away and he is just outside of your range on the server but in your range on your screen, pressing the lunge to then realize he IS just outside of your range on the server, already cost you that time to even TRY and catch him. The best bet you have it so keep spamming cause everyonce in a while it will eventually go through and you can hit them... Most of the time, it bugs out and he will escape.

It is very annoying, I would much rather have it just NOT hit them and NOT let me even hit the button OR lunge me but lunge me to where he WAS... Obviously this would create other issues but I often do lose a few kills because of this, and then because of the brilliant way that potions work (sarcastic) even if I can catch him, because the healing lasts through combat. there is no chance in winning the fight...

had the same problem, until i let the bad habit of desperatly trying to lunge after lowbies fall. easier way is to just whistle after your 110 mount, and chase that f**** western style. 100% working, i had endless encounters where a low enemy wanted to run away/for healthpot, i often even grab that health pot before him because of my fast mount and give him the punishing slap in the face for tryin to run.
  • jageusjageus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    feiergiant wrote: »
    had the same problem, until i let the bad habit of desperatly trying to lunge after lowbies fall. easier way is to just whistle after your 110 mount, and chase that f**** western style. 100% working, i had endless encounters where a low enemy wanted to run away/for healthpot, i often even grab that health pot before him because of my fast mount and give him the punishing slap in the face for tryin to run.

I usually end up resorting to that but we shouldn't have to! And that's the point. Fix the stupid lag between the servers and make my skills work as they're suppose to! A GWF can sprint over to me and smash me in the face when I'm low, and everyone else has range...
  • soulsofcreationsoulsofcreation Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Popping back where I started affects me too. :(
  • arrywilarrywil Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    feiergiant wrote: »

Exactly what I do as well, usually if they start running there not much you can do to win the fight but get on you're mount and chase them, usually it guarantee's that lunging strike will actually go off properly because of the closing down of the target.
    Sons of Schlarb
    Thaddeus Talbot - GF - Dragon
    Aysta Tarley - TR - Dragon