test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bind on Pickup will remove a big chunk of your revenue cryptic

soth007soth007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
Currently there are people with deep pockets who will log in, get a toon to 60 and then spend a lot of money on zen. Convert the zen to diamonds and buy all their end-game gear from the auction house. Soon you will be making the gear bind on pickup. Once you do that a big chunk of your revenue stream is going to dry up.

Many other problems will arise if you change end game gear to be Bind on Pickup (BoP). Currently a lot of people are running end game dungeons as their end-game. They have all the loot they want, but are running them over and over because they enjoy the dungeons and because they sell what they get on the auction house for diamonds. Once you remove the ability to sell the loot they aquire, they have nothing left to gain by running these dungeons. These are PvE focused players who do not enjoy PvP and you will be turning your back on them. This will have a BIG impact on your game, since once a PvE focused player hits level cap and gets all his gear he will have nothing left to do. Probably roll and alt or two and quit never to return.

Another option that will be gone is people that get a piece of gear they already have can currently sell it on auction house and use those funds to buy the piece they want. Removing that option will make for a more frustrating experience.

Once this patch hits many people will quit.
Once this patch hits you will see a massive outcry on the forums about how big of a mistake this is.
Post edited by soth007 on

Comments

• Options
    aerisdarkstalkeraerisdarkstalker Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree. Bind on Pickup will drive everyone but the hardcore raiders out. And it's usually those who don't have the time to grind instance after instance who spend money on the game.

Think carefully if you really want to drive away your cash cows in order to cater to the raider crowd.
  • Options
    xermellxermell Member Posts: 56
    edited June 2013
    soth007 wrote: »
    Another option that will be gone is people that get a piece of gear they already have can currently sell it on auction house and use those funds to buy the piece they want. Removing that option will make for a more frustrating experience.
    Once this patch hits many people will quit.
    Once this patch hits you will see a massive outcry on the forums about how big of a mistake this is.

I'm in end game now, collected all tier 2 sets and enchant it with rank7-rank9. Now I only play for hunting and making AD since you lack end game content. Now you want that my loots will be BoP? What am i suppose to do with them? Salvage for 4k, 6k AD?

Mayans are right, it just didn't happen on our expected time, but this is for sure June 20 is the End.
    There's three ways to do things, the right way, the wrong way and the way that I do it.
  • Options
    sogronnwosogronnwo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 96
    edited June 2013
    I hit 60 some 3 weeks ago and instantly bought the cheap T1, gemmed it with rank 4 gems and started going T2s for the T2 set.
    I didn't count but in 3 weeks I imagine I did way over 3 dozen T2s, most of which under the Dungeon Delve event.
    I'm happy to report that I received my first T2 set item yesterday.
    With T2 dungeon delve chests dropping T1 set items along with the inbalanced amount of non-set items, how am i supposed to get my T2 now that I can't even sell all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> I get and slowly building up AD to buy it off AH?

Fix the issues first, not the workarounds that players invent to circumvent them please.
    Or at least do them simultaneously.
  • Options
    stormysgstormysg Member Posts: 93
    edited June 2013
    they could possibly make money with cash shop items which unbind equips.
  • Options
    manestream1manestream1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 44
    edited June 2013
    I would also have to agree with the OP on this. I like running dungeons more than I like to do PvP.
    Making things BoP would seriously damage your income and players would not bother running them for nothing. Having said that, there is a problem with players needing on everything, you did do a step in the right direction of removing the need for items not for your class.
    I have not hit 60 yet as I like to do all quests and content as I work my way up in level (levelling is fast and a lot of content becomes obsolete) primarily because of skirmish/pvp/dungeon running. with only 2-3 levels between each change over. Either remove xp gains from these (PvP gives pvp points, dungeons gives gear and Rough AD's and skirmish gives Rough AD's) though that probably would not go down too well, but maybe lower the xp gained. foundry are nice, don't really drop gear but do award Rough AD's for the daily, however these should be left as they are (they don't give as much xp as the others). Another option is a button you can click that would stop you from levelling up, e.g halting xp gain's would stop gaining xp at 99.99% from mobs/quests and any other means of gaining xp. So people don't forget have some sort of notification near the minimap or across the character portrait.

People should know that games are not just about hitting max cap level in as quick a time as possible (and then get bored). The game is mainly working through the content and enjoying yourself. This would also give you time to work on new content, and for the hardcore players that shoot forward and find bugs and problems, would also give you some leeway into fixing these issues before the bulk of the community hits them.