test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Published a foundry. How long must i wait?

ptreese84ptreese84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
Its been hours and i've heard different answers.

How long after i publish a foundry do i have to wait till i can find it and play it?
Post edited by ptreese84 on

Comments

• zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First, you have make sure the publishing finished. You can wait in the editor for the status to change, or if you go into the live game you'll get a message in the "System Notify" text telling you it's finished publishing. Sometimes it can take quite awhile, even an hour or more.

Once it publishes, it gives you a code that identifies your quest. The code will be NW-BLAHBLAH4. The only way to find your quest for awhile is to type that code, using all caps, into the search box on the "Best" tab in the catalog. It should be there immediately, but you will only find it using that code.
  • neomys99neomys99 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's usually somewhere in the range of five to twenty minutes. You'll receive an in-game mail telling you it was successful, and the status in the top-right corner will change from "currently publishing" to "published". Barring database weirdness, it should be visible in-game immediately after that. Keep in mind that quests that are still under review can't be searched by name or author. You have to search them by their short code (NW-[alphanumerics]), and that search has to be from the "Best" tab (searches on "New" don't work).
    Legacy of the Knight-Captain
    NW-DC4WODWS9
  • ptreese84ptreese84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Ive tried that. It finished publishing hours ago.. and ive try searching by the code and my @name.. cant get it to come up with either... any thoughts?

Last published date is yestersays date. Got achievements for it publishing.. have option to withdraw.. gives me shortcode on editor.. but still cant find in the foundry list.
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    :( Not sure. Double check your assigned code, and make sure you use all caps, in the top search box on the "Best" tab. Some people have been reporting problems with publishing lately, so there may be a bug in the system. If all else fails, try republishing (just click the "Publish" button again from the editor) and see if you can find it after that.
  • mee2002mee2002 Member Posts: 100 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    On a side note, what's the code? I'll search and see if I can find it.
    NW-DPTTECLTF - Cindy Jones and the Holy Stein. A simple but hopefully entertaining foray into the world of Foundry.
  • ptreese84ptreese84 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Republished and its there.. go figure.. i would find the only bug left in the game.. ;P
  • nieaniea Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ptreese84 wrote: »
    Republished and its there.. go figure.. i would find the only bug left in the game.. ;P

trust me, it's not the only one...