test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Found a way to entertain myself as a cleric in PvP

wholyhandgrenadewholyhandgrenade Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
I simply queue, join, wait for the timer to start, and then leave right away after. This spares my clerics from the horrible onslaught against clerics in PvP, while giving no negatives. Its slightly more enjoyable of a time than playing PvP as a cleric, and takes much less time in the progress. I can join and quit many times during the span that a single match would take.
Post edited by wholyhandgrenade on

Comments

• Options
    tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Harharhar...
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • Options
    frakblarghfrakblargh Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I simply queue, join, wait for the timer to start, and then leave right away after. This spares my clerics from the horrible onslaught against clerics in PvP, while giving no negatives. Its slightly more enjoyable of a time than playing PvP as a cleric, and takes much less time in the progress. I can join and quit many times during the span that a single match would take.

*chuckle* As a DC I do the best I can knowing full well my lifetime is about as long as, "eets a Klerik! keeel eet!" *whack whack dead Cleric*
  • Options
    creezyjeezycreezyjeezy Member Posts: 58
    edited June 2013
    I entertain myself by respawning about 20 times per match :D
  • Options
    llantissllantiss Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    there is a cleric PVPer who streams his games and usually goes on 21/2 15/4 scores etc, pretty much 3 k/d average.

not sure why you feel so weak, but dps clerics do exist.

http://www.twitch.tv/laudon

hit the follow bottom, this isn't my stream btw, its just a buddy guildmate.
  • Options
    haohaosleaderhaohaosleader Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dps cleric sucks...we dun hv as high dps as any of melee

clerci still make a difference when uve proper skills
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    dps cleric sucks...we dun hv as high dps as any of melee

clerci still make a difference when uve proper skills

any benefit of having a cleric will go away when players can use alchemy to craft potions
  • Options
    zingarbagezingarbage Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A cleric can indeed stack tene's like any other class and get kills. You are kind of stupid to spend that much AD on a dps cleric when you could do the same for any other dps class and do much better.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    zingarbage wrote: »
    A cleric can indeed stack tene's like any other class and get kills. You are kind of stupid to spend that much AD on a dps cleric when you could do the same for any other dps class and do much better.

my clerics aren't stacked in tene's, I guess if I were willing to spend a hundred dollars or two on this game per character they would do much better, but I doubt the average player one runs across is so stacked either
  • Options
    skyewolf1skyewolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 149 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    frakblargh wrote: »
    *chuckle* As a DC I do the best I can knowing full well my lifetime is about as long as, "eets a Klerik! keeel eet!" *whack whack dead Cleric*

OK I don't PvP on my DC but this made me giggle like a loon LOL
  • Options
    ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013

Soon a leaver penalty will be implemented for PvP & PvE , so people like you can have a really nice time sitting in town since the leaver penalty won't be able to go away while you are not online with the particular character . How about that - sounds amazing , right homeslice ? :)
  • Options
    distastedistaste Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    Soon a leaver penalty will be implemented for PvP & PvE , so people like you can have a really nice time sitting in town since the leaver penalty won't be able to go away while you are not online with the particular character . How about that - sounds amazing , right homeslice ? :)

LOL. What do you think non-leavers will be doing if there is a penalty? A leaver penalty will result in a lot less people doing PvP because they get stuck with AFKers/bots or an incredibly poor matchup(12k GS premade vs 6k gs Pug). So basically the net result will be the same, you'll be sitting in town waiting for a queue just as long as the leaver will have a debuff and when you do get a game your chances of getting a afk/bot is increased.

Until Cryptic learns that every problem needs well thought out and often mulch-faceted solutions, they will continue to hurt the game with band-aid "fixes".
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A poorly thought out solution is remarkably similar to a well thought out solution with the real difference lying in the outcome.

It troubles me that there are so few critical thinkers. But just take a moment to imagine what a leaver penalty will do? Let’s say that YOU know that you have no chance in this PVP match. Period. You can’t leave though. There is a penalty for that. So you just sit there and take it? You can’t do anything except die. If you stay by the fire you either get spawn camped or called an AFKer. If you just stand in the field you get called a bot. If you step on the field you get farmed.

Eventually you do leave because that’s the only element over which you have any control and of course that gives you a penalty that you have to see as long as you are in game. Hating this idea you log off and find something else to do. But you know the penalty is there waiting for you. Suddenly you just aren’t as interested in Neverwinter. You love PVP but who wants to get routed every single engagement? And who wants to come back to a penalty ticking slowly off. Looks like your choices are either be someone’s punch-dummy or find something else to do.

And there is always something else to do.

Why would the devs work hard at making their game less appealing? Why would they put effort into make it easier for other games to garner their gamers?

Consider instead making PVP more interesting even if you are getting farmed. Consider putting some things in it to attract people even if some premade is flaying their hide with ridiculous ease or the invisi-rogues are tossing knives all around.

What if you could respawn as a monster instead with monster powers for a time? What if instead of spawning on the field you could take over a wall mounted ballista and help cover a point? What if your death had a chance to trigger a healing pet for your side for a time? What if getting knocked down had a chance to trigger a CC immunity and damage bonus making you a juggernaught for a time?

There are all sorts of short term advantages available to both sides that could make PVP interesting and fun right down to the last seconds.

Why would you opt to put work into making the game less? Make it more instead.