test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

server

joseph86itajoseph86ita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
hi!

i have a questions: Perfect world have intention to open EU server at the end of the beta?
Post edited by joseph86ita on

Comments

• dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When their intention is to merge the servers together, I doubt it.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    There are no plans to make location specific shards at this time.

All shards are designed for global use and will eventually be merged into one massive "single server."
  • joseph86itajoseph86ita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    There are no plans to make location specific shards at this time.

All shards are designed for global use and will eventually be merged into one massive "single server."

the EU servers could decrease the lag and rubberband.

an only server doesn't risk to worsen the situation?
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    The rubberbanding is actually largely not a server location issue but actually based on the hardware and software running your system.

Each computer is unique and various issues can and will cause "lag symptoms" which are completely unrelated to the server location. In fact the idea that server locations cause massive lag spikes is a quite antiquated idea which has some relevance but it no longer the driving factor.

That being said the game doesn't have three servers and it won't have one. Part of the reason they are called shards is because each one is a network of hundreds of servers so when they are merged into a "single server" it will in fact be a network of hundreds of servers.

The rubberbanding will improve in time but I assure you it is not based on your location or at least not in the way you are imagining it to be. The game will continue to be improved to reduce and/or eliminate the number of people experiencing rubberbanding and the networking will continue to be optimized to suit more people but despite your experience with antiquated systems the problem isn't directly caused due to the server location.

The best thing you can actually do is go to the Bug Reports Section stating that you're experiencing rubber banding and supply information about your computer hardware, what software you are running in the background and just to be safe say what your internet service provider is. This will inform the right people of the issue so they can pinpoint the errors to the actual cause.
  • joseph86itajoseph86ita Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31
    edited June 2013
    I have a good pc, it doesn't depend on this.

The game works well only in the morning.
    edited June 2013
    I have a computer which can and has played Skyrim, Batman: Arkham City and Neverwinter all at the exact same time, max settings on three different monitors without even breaking a sweat.

However about a year ago one of the low resolution, low demand browser based games updated and caused the frame rate to drop from 50 FPS (their max) to 5-10 FPS if I was lucky. The power of your computer doesn't guarantee things to function properly.
    You can have the best system on the face of the planet and still not be able to run certain software effectively because of comparability issues.

The burden still falls on the developer to fix them but my point has and remains the issues are primarily not location based issues. They'll be resolved but it is not as simple as adding additional servers.