test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

rude players

xeverius2013xeverius2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I have had the "fun" experience of being in arena matches with persons spewing racial bigotry, criticizing/verbally abusing fellow players & the like. I realize that not all players will treat others with respect. I wonder what PW/Cryptic plan to do to make the game more equitable between paying players & free, also for those of us who can play well with others but have so far been unsatisfied with such behavior?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a flame of meaning in the darkness of mere being." --C. G. Jung
Post edited by xeverius2013 on

Comments

• Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    I'd add them to my ignore book for starter. Sadly no option for that in real life... oh well.

Equitability between paid and non paid is not going to happen, I believe.
  • Options
    xeverius2013xeverius2013 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Afraid so, healhappy. :rolleyes:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]"As far as we can discern, the sole purpose of human existence is to kindle a flame of meaning in the darkness of mere being." --C. G. Jung
  • Options
    mcleod71mcleod71 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 119 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    this is y f2p sux u get the dregs of society
  • Options
    crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mcleod71 wrote: »
    this is y f2p sux u get the dregs of society

I'm taking offense to that because it is untrue anti-f2p propaganda. I have run into as many creeps in a p2p as a f2p. And this isn't a problem subject to the gaming world alone.

The problem of bullies is something science needs to address with an open mind. But since the morals of an academic based government-prodded society does not promote free will I doubt the scientists could view bullying subjectively.
  • Options
    jhotshot13jhotshot13 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    welcome to online gaming and pvp
  • Options
    jezgafysjezgafys Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    To be fair any game whether it be pvp or and fps will always have flames such as calling ppl noobs when they kill you (I never worked that one out, I kill someone yet im the ****) etc. Just use ignore and play on.

Also remember arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics ... even if you win you're still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    jezgafys wrote: »
    Also remember arguing on the internet is like running in the special Olympics ... even if you win you're still <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>!

That's a wee bit too much. (゜Д゜)
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    And thats why ignore lists exist.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    While there's not much they can do to players who are just plain rude feel free to report anybody using the In Game System for using any overly offensive language including but not limited to racial slurs.

I believe you can do s by pressing Escape > Help > Request GM Help > Behavior. Keep note of the @handle, not the character name, of the rude person as you will need it to report the person.

A PWE staff representative will look into the behavior as soon as they can and take appropriate action against that player. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jhotshot13 wrote: »
    welcome to online gaming and pvp

I'm familiar with online gaming, just hoping NwO has a plan to make it better than the status quo...
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    While there's not much they can do to players who are just plain rude feel free to report anybody using the In Game System for using any overly offensive language including but not limited to racial slurs.

I believe you can do s by pressing Escape > Help > Request GM Help > Behavior. Keep note of the @handle, not the character name, of the rude person as you will need it to report the person.

A PWE staff representative will look into the behavior as soon as they can and take appropriate action against that player. :)

Right on. I didn't know all that before these events happened unfortunately.
  • Options
    edge1986edge1986 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 647 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    First online game?
  • Options
    clansman2013clansman2013 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    People suck, if you want to play online games, you really need to grow a thicker skin. No, that's not the correct answer, however, it's all you can do, well that and ignore.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    So far I actually have found this game to be quite tame in the trashtalk compared to Tera or Rift, Aion, Lineage 2.... but I just hit 60 so I haven't experienced that BG yet lol
  • Options
    muratoyomuratoyo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    edge1986 wrote: »
    First online game?

It has to be his first LOL. Another silly whine thread that doesn't deserve a single response. Get used to it, it's the internet for one. It's also PvP, people are competitive, tempers flare... Nobody cares.
  • Options
    trevien29trevien29 Member Posts: 257 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Welcome to PVP, the worst type of players exist in the is arena, whether it is Rift, WoW, SWTOR, or any other game including FPS. It is the main reason I hate PVP so much. The players kill the experience.