test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Item Drop Mechanic in General

desero2desero2 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I just wondered while attending the current event how exactly the Item drop mechanics work in this game. Is there some kind of hidden flag mechanic for first hitters or kills? Maybe percentage based?
Or is it just at least one hit that entitles you to loot from a mob?

Thanks in Advance and sorry for my bad englisch. ;)
Post edited by desero2 on

Comments

• Options
    rodostorodosto Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just hit something and get loots. This one prevented KS's and working good. Since you helped them to kill, you will get a share of drops.

I don't know about this more deeply. Maybe someone will bring this into light.
  • Options
    krumple01krumple01 Member Posts: 755 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    desero2 wrote: »
    I just wondered while attending the current event how exactly the Item drop mechanics work in this game. Is there some kind of hidden flag mechanic for first hitters or kills? Maybe percentage based?
    Or is it just at least one hit that entitles you to loot from a mob?

Thanks in Advance and sorry for my bad englisch. ;)

From my experience it seems to be on kill. There were times I know I was doing damage to more than one target and didn't get a single drop out of damaging 8 or 9 mobs. There wasn't even a whole lot of other players spamming aoes when this happened either. But when I would delay my aoe just a little bit I would get multiple drops from doing the killing hit.
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    From what I've noticed, normal goons rarely drops enchantments if you kill them or at least deal lots of damage to it. Hulk will drop random things from the list of event items.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    So we have open tapping here similar to the system in lotro?
  • Options
    healhappyhealhappy Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 92
    edited June 2013
    desero2 wrote: »
    So we have open tapping here similar to the system in lotro?

Not really. I recall getting loot from a goon that I never attacked. I just healed the attacker. We are not in party, just passing by.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    This assist mechinic is also currently in lotro so its propably the same. Anyway, good to hear that it works that way, but until someone official posts exact infos about the mechanic in the forums, we wont be 100% sure about it.

For me the thing I'm most curious about is if one hit/assist is enough the get a 100% chance of possible loot.