test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

My Quest Is Featured! (Celebration Contest)

mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2013 in The Foundry
pvvd.jpg

This just totally made my day! I submitted last night (after applying one last spelling correction that haunted me all weekend), and sure enough I log in this morning to an awesome red ribbon on my quest.

Since the community here is incredibly helpful with their reviews (one element of my quest in particular that has gotten a lot of compliments was only added after I had some feedback), I wanted to celebrate by throwing together a contest and giving out a prize or two before I start building my next adventure.

In Bonderleaf's Thorough Aggregator, there are 7 "Wizard Wonder" Easter Eggs to be found (and you'll definitely know when you've found one - the game notifies you with the wonder's title and number "out of 7".) The first two players to PM me all seven titles will win 50,000 AD, distributed to the character of their choice. Some are easier to find than others, and like everything in the tower, the path to them is not clearly laid out. Good luck, I hope you enjoy the adventure, and thanks again to everyone who has reviewed.
c447.png
Post edited by mrthebozer on

Comments

• Options
    kking650kking650 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I really liked your Foundry mission.
  • Options
    anrix2anrix2 Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Congrats, I just want to go on record and say I called this pretty much the first day it was published, after running it. It probably has the most charm I've seen in a foundry quest.
    A solo or group hack-n-slash: Mage Masher

A short solo hack-n-slash: The Dirty Dwarf
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome. And well deserved! Finally some good quests getting featured :-P
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I noticed, congrats.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    redneckroninredneckronin Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Congrats, very much deserved.

Up there in the top 3 of UGC for me, and still has me awe-struck when I play it.

All The Best
    Campaign: Call Of The Wild - Information, Links To Review Threads, Screenshots

Looking For Reviews For Your Foundry Quest?
    Drop By Scribe's Enclave & Meet Up With Volunteer Reviewers.
  • Options
    mrthebozermrthebozer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Thanks guys! A lot of meticulous tweaks and edits went toward getting this adventure the way I wanted it, and I was definitely fueled by fantasies of player reactions. Reading those fantasies echoed in the reviews has to be the biggest thrill I've had while logged into a game. I can tell the Foundry is where I'll be spending a good 90% of my time in Neverwinter.
    c447.png
  • Options
    oortexploreroortexplorer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 185 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Congratulations!! It really is a great quest and it's nice to see it get the recognition it deserves.
    All's Fair in Love and War - Explore the lighter side of Neverwinter!
    Code: NW-DJ5BFT52F
    Author: @oortexplorer
    Now eligible for Daily Foundry!
  • Options
    almostcoolalmostcool Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Congratulations! I liked this quest as well. Very creative.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Spellthief Trials
    By @Stebss
    Short Code: NW-DM900IFHK
    Tired of Being the Hero: NW-DGTOU4N94
  • Options
    cipher9nemocipher9nemo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome, congrats! :)

I'll have to check out your Foundry quest soon.
    cipher_jitn_sig.png
    Hammerfist Clan. Jump into the Night: NW-DMXWRYTAD
  • Options
    mosby1mosby1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 288 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    This has been on my list for a while, I can't wait to try it! Congratulations!
    DM's Studio - NW-DHZ5DAV4R
    The Cursed Emerald:
    1. Weird of the Weather-witch -- NW-DEZAK4QPA
    2. The Ambitious Apprentice -- NW-DLRAVW4S4
  • Options
    crok2crok2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Congrats! I can't wait to play it :)
  • Options
    kamaliiciouskamaliicious Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's very creative in it's area design. I did manage to get outside the Thundertree path pretty easily, may want to put in some invisible walls. Personally I would have liked things to be better lit, it was dark without a reason I could figure. Anyway, max tip.
  • Options
    lolsorhandlolsorhand Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 981 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Big grats :)
    I like turtles.

Brethren of the Five, Campaign. - Story focused
    The Dwarven Tale - Hack 'N Slash
  • Options
    eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Congrats! Your quest is made of win (still one of the best I have ever played) and you fully deserve featuring :D
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    mrthebozer wrote: »
    pvvd.jpg
    This just totally made my day! I submitted last night (after applying one last spelling correction that haunted me all weekend), and sure enough I log in this morning to an awesome red ribbon on my quest.

Congrats!!!!! I'll have to check out your quest later on and best of luck to everybody with the contest. :D

...to heck with later--*Opens up the catalog and accepts the quest*
    zovya wrote: »
    Your quest was one of my favorites. No exaggeration.
    Don't sell yourself short.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    It's very creative in it's area design. I did manage to get outside the Thundertree path pretty easily, may want to put in some invisible walls. Personally I would have liked things to be better lit, it was dark without a reason I could figure. Anyway, max tip.

Thanks for the feedback! Oddly enough, there already are invisible walls in place in Thundertree that outline the terrain completely, and I remember spending a good half hour or more trying to "break" it. That said, the only downside to being Featured is that everything is now set in stone. Not sure what happened to my barriers, but I will just have to accept the flaw.
    c447.png
  • Options
    edited June 2013

Assassin Chronicles has been on my must play list for weeks now. I have been saving it for when Cryptic finally lets me use a bow. The concept sounds exactly like what I wish my future urban ranger could do all the time.
    c447.png
  • Options
    zovyazovya Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    @ambisinisterr and mrthebozer

Thank you so much for saying that. It's just that I'm the only one who knows what the second one is like. (if I could just get it finished)
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2013
    @ambisinisterr and mrthebozer

Thank you so much for saying that. It's just that I'm the only one who knows what the second one is like. (if I could just get it finished)

I'm sure it'll be just as good, if not better, than the first.
    Maybe not for the rushers but for the players like myself and, if I may, mrthebozer?

Less humility please!

I got sidetracked by the recent news about end game loot in the general section but I'm back to going to do the quest Dozer. If Zovya is saying it's good though I'm sure I'll enjoy it a lot. Quality artists tend to know other quality work when they see it. :D
  • Options
    lovepeaslovepeas Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Awesome! Congratulations!
    The Delusions Quartet
    Act 1: Nightmare on Market Street
    Act 2: My Best Friend's Evil Wedding
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    Just finished the quest. That was awesome.

The visuals were stunning. Goofy yet believable. I was laughing from beginning to end.

You certainly earned the featured quest title. I even spent the time finding all of the Easter Eggs which were quite funny yet most were great lore examples.

Bravo.
  • Options
    apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    A huge congrats on the feature! This defiantly was a very enchanting and enjoyable quest to play!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here