test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maintenance, 7am Pacific Time 6/18/13

dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey All,

We are performing maintenance for Neverwinter on Tuesday, June 18, at 7AM Pacific Time. The goal of this maintenance is to resolve a couple issues with the End of Open Beta event, and to apply various other bug fixes.

What time is that in my time zone?
Patch Notes Link

We hope everyone is enjoying the regular updates to the game!
Post edited by dezstravus on

Comments

• ladyhighnessladyhighness Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand how the two tank classes(guardian fighter and great weapon fighter) now gets more armor penetration when they one hit every other class in the game, just makes no sense me. I was hit for 46k by a guardian fighter from one skill surely the answer isn't to give them more damage. Anyway I just hope someone is working on fixing that instead giving them even more damage, till then I guess they'll be able to hit for 60k, this is just insane...
  • serpentttserpenttt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 77
    edited June 2013
    Awesommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme. Now I can replace those dark enchants.
  • velektorvelektor Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I don't understand how the two tank classes(guardian fighter and great weapon fighter) now gets more armor penetration when they one hit every other class in the game, just makes no sense me. I was hit for 46k by a guardian fighter from one skill surely the answer isn't to give them more damage. Anyway I just hope someone is working on fixing that instead giving them even more damage, till then I guess they'll be able to hit for 60k, this is just insane...

The GF probably used Knight's challenge (Challenge your target, temporarily locking them in 1 on 1 combat. While challenged, you and your opponent deal double damage to each other and half damage to anyone else.) before he used that one skill that killed ya.
  • saikogekido1saikogekido1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This may be a dumb question (just started last week): will The Foundry be down during the maintenance?

Not sure if The Foundry counts as part of the shard or separate.
  • dezstravusdezstravus Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    This may be a dumb question (just started last week): will The Foundry be down during the maintenance?

Not sure if The Foundry counts as part of the shard or separate.

Hello saikogekido1,

Foundry editing requires the Neverwinter server to be online, so it will be unavailable during this maintenance. Thanks for checking!
  • saikogekido1saikogekido1 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    dezstravus wrote: »
    Hello saikogekido1,

Foundry editing requires the Neverwinter server to be online, so it will be unavailable during this maintenance. Thanks for checking!

Aw.

Thank you for the quick response :D
  • eshladonereshladoner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When will the server be available again pacific time??
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    FIX the Reduced Cooldowns on Rogue, both Dazzling Blades Feat, and Master Duelist 4th set bonus doesnt proc.
  • eshladonereshladoner Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    eshladoner wrote: »
    When will the server be available again pacific time??

Pls respond.
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    in 1hour f
  • noidea01noidea01 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are you Blizzard?

If not why your maintenance time matches the one on Blizzard servers?
    Why Tuesday?
    What's so special about it?
  • dannii2810dannii2810 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Are the servers still down? i cant log in.....
    says the server is not available at this time
  • kiteareskiteares Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 35 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    noidea01 wrote: »
    Are you Blizzard?

If not why your maintenance time matches the one on Blizzard servers?
    Why Tuesday?
    What's so special about it?
    I don't know what is special about Tuesdays, but apparently, it is also the MS update date (not so you'd notice), also another MMORPG I play patches on Tuesdays.
    Maybe it's historically the quietest day of the week?
  • vanghuulvanghuul Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Any update on when the server will be online? It's almost 10am CST and its still showing as offline.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    kiteares wrote: »
    I don't know what is special about Tuesdays, but apparently, it is also the MS update date (not so you'd notice), also another MMORPG I play patches on Tuesdays.
    Maybe it's historically the quietest day of the week?

It also gives you several days before the weekend so if an issue pops up with the patch, you have time to work on it and push a fix before said weekend.
  • dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    vanghuul wrote: »
    Any update on when the server will be online? It's almost 10am CST and its still showing as offline.

The downtime notice on the launcher says 8:30am PDT so there is another half hour until it is expected to go online.
  • pednickpednick Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm in right now, servers are up.
    Be a Leet D00D, can't think of something smart? Always blame the economy.
  • v0li0nv0li0n Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Tuesday has been a traditional day when all media is released. Books, music, DVD's, games all of it, so naturally patches are released on the same, also; http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patch_Tuesday
    holdtheline.com - gaming advocacy network
  • devlinnedevlinne Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Just wondering....are devs or whoever aware that there are again 99 stacks of enchantments in the auction house?

There are pictures and proof available in the bug reports section, but no acknowledgement from devs.

Would like some info on it. Thanks.
    PITY,REGRET, AND MERCY are just EXCUSES for the strong not to kill the weak!
  • healsareophealsareop Member Posts: 155 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Hey, dezstravus, is the team going to buff clerics anytime soon?
  • shod24shod24 Member Posts: 33
    edited June 2013
    Only say: great job
  • fornahn1fornahn1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    any idea why I can open the game but instead of the patcher coming up I just get a tab on my desktop bar saying the game is open and running?

Thanks
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013

Um this is not insane. They are fixing something that wasn't working. I a GF and other GF stat rolled our char's for a certain amount of Dex for Arm Pen. I have been waiting since the day I created my character for it to work correctly. Its supposed to benefit arm pen.

what you also fail to realize what does so much damage in PvP isn't a skill or stat or toon. Its the broken Tene enchants. 6 stacked Tene enchants alone hit for 20k + not counting any other dmg. So any char with just his fist can hit you for 20k Tene damage which is necrotic. Arm pen should work correctly. Broken Tene's need to be fixed.