test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Too Much Whining.

chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
Title says it all. Not that it isnt expected in a mmo forum, but come on. People complaining about balance at least play each class at endgame and come complain with the experience under your belt.

I have end game pvp experience on all classes but tr and dc, and while I can't comment from a tr's point of view I will say none of my mains have issues with rogues at all.

My friend mains a dc and is a huge factor in us winning 99% of matches. Pre and post balance patch.

My gwf was strong pre patch. Stronger post patch

My gf is a beast.

My CW is still a beast post patch.

All 3 of them top charts regularly.

I know I'm not the only one who us excelling with all classes end game because i play w a lot of seasoned players.

So before posting a childish rage blog, ask yourself... Could the problem be with me and not cryptic?
INB4, INB4
Post edited by chabowbies on

Comments

• aesandilaesandil Member Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    I'm afraid that whining in MMOs will continue for as long as the genre lives. Along with the typical approaches of the "my favorite class is very weak and all those other classes are so overpowered" type.

Admittedly Cryptic is rather far from having this game fully balanced, which is not exactly surprising. Takes time, takes a good deal of effort. Especially when it comes to PvP. World of Warcraft's developers can't get things right even after all these years... although they do have "a bit" more classes, specs and various forms of competition to deal with. And they don't limit their players to use just a few abilities at a time.

Anyway, I'm curious how it's all going to look in a month's time.
  • ilgiambrailgiambra Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Guys, complex games will never be balanced. However every class have it's on role(s), as it is. I have a 60 level cleric and of course it always loses 1v1 against rogues, but I expect it :P

The point is simple: making rational, critical but polite observations for improving the game is always good, but solving problems require thinking and, of course, time.

This game had a lot of bugs and it still have, but it retains from the first moment i played it the most important thing i look for from a game.
    Is fun.
    To me, of course: if you don't like this game, there are a lot of other free games you'll find on the net. This doesn't have to be the game you like: maybe you look for an even more (or far less) action-oriented, skill-based mechanics.
    Or you like sci-fi.

In the end, if you really find yourself in the extreme need of flamint throughout the forums, there's a great solution about it.
    Find yourself a girlfriend.
    In real life, thanks.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    chabowbies wrote: »
    Title says it all. Not that it isnt expected in a mmo forum, but come on. People complaining about balance at least play each class at endgame and come complain with the experience under your belt.

I have end game pvp experience on all classes but tr and dc, and while I can't comment from a tr's point of view I will say none of my mains have issues with rogues at all.

My friend mains a dc and is a huge factor in us winning 99% of matches. Pre and post balance patch.

My gf is a beast.

I know I'm not the only one who us excelling with all classes end game because i play w a lot of seasoned players.

So before posting a childish rage blog, ask yourself... Could the problem be with me and not cryptic?

+ 1 amen brother / sister ( not sure lol )
  • balstromebalstrome Member Posts: 32
    edited June 2013
    In fact, for me the worst part of this game, is the whiners. Everything else is wokking pretty well for me. And the reason why this is so, for me, is because I take my time to look and do everything possible.

Remember the story of the two bulls, one old and wise, the other young and fresh. Looking at the herd of cows down in the valley, the young one wanted to rush down and do one or two of them before they escaped, while the old one suggested they walk down and do them all.
  • alzitaralzitar Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    When ppl start whining about whining, you know its serious.
  • chabowbieschabowbies Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    alzitar wrote: »
    When ppl start whining about whining, you know its serious.

Almost as serious as whining about whining about whining
    INB4, INB4
    edited June 2013
    hank41 wrote: »
    Go to bed kid its past your bedtime.

Clever reply. I can tell you're grown. Night shift. Repremand me again in 3 hours dad.
    INB4, INB4
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013

My gf is a beast.

you `re totaly wrong, things that start with "my" is epening mostly.
    the whining starts mostly when people refer to cllasses they don`t play themselves, or just being very inexperienced with the game in general.
    edited June 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »
    the whining starts mostly when people refer to cllasses they don`t play themselves, or just being very inexperienced with the game in general.

Sorry. Having trouble deciphering the ignorance in this post. Also I believe it's "epeen."
    INB4, INB4
  • nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    tcarnce wrote: »

I find that sentences beginning with “My” and “Actually” have little to do with anything useful. And here we have a post whining about whining. But that’s not really a fair assessment of the OP, there are the kernels of sense and reason hidden there.

So might I suggest that instead of proclaiming your unhappiness at the whining, lead by example. Get on those threads and provide some reasonable points. Contribute to the discussion with your own insights and ingenuity.

If that all seems too hard though and you would rather just make a post complaining about it all then I understand, I all too easily understand that.

We have a lot of those around here.
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Sorry. Having trouble deciphering the ignorance in this post. Also I believe it's "epeen."

i call it however i like :D not following the majority, if i like it this way better :D
  • crystal7jcrystal7j Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    No <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I thought beta meant constructive criticism. I see one or two of those but the rest is all rant rant rant. Makes me think most peeps don't ever go far from the bottle/t.i.t..

Yeah, I'm a hypocrite *grins*.
  • therouterninjatherouterninja Member Posts: 114 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    +1

I have 3x 60's also, and I'm close to my 4th. I also did it mainly through PvP.

The game is surprisingly balanced if you compare it to other games. TTK is low, and the gear gap is high, which leads to people complaining.

Hell I watched a cleric the other day go 32-1.

All the classes have something that makes them overpowered. If they're all overpowered, none of them really are.
    Beholder MOPP4

60 GF(14.5GS) Cersei
    60 CW(12.4GS) Shadis
    60 TR(12.2GS) Dijkstra
    60 GWF(12.2GS) Winnowill
    45 DC(WIP) Daenerys
  • warchildrzwarchildrz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You need to think about why people would go to a game forum and post. One quick glance and you're bombarded with the same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> you see in every comment section on the internet, so trying to learn something is out right away. I assume you can bug report from in game, although there were no clear instructions (great move for a beta). So we are left with the same people who ***** and moan on every fricken game site. There are always a few helpful people, but less and less every year.
  • gilliyadgilliyad Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013

My gf is a beast.

I 100% agree.
  • chai23chai23 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The new white knight class is in game already?
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Almost as serious as whining about whining about whining

Personally, I hate those people whining about people whining about people whining about whining......
    edited June 2013
    In all seriousness. Most forum posters have to swallow their pride and ask players who are proficient in their respective class for pointers. That or seek out some of the vast knowledgeable information already hidden amongst the QQ along the forums. It is there. I promise you. Screaming at the devs doesn't make them see it your way. Providing reasonable feedback without biased opinion is what leads to good changes in a community.
    INB4, INB4