test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

spellplague end boss skills

sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2013 in The Library
If you are the only CW in epic Spell plague, what do you use to knock ads off? Shield or repel? And do you put them in spell mastery slot?

I ask because I find my AP generation is lacking when i put one of those in spell mastery. What skills do you use to generate AP in that fight?

Also, do you hit any of the mobs to gain AP or just the boss? I found if I hit any of the mobs I would get too much agro and be unable to generate AP fast enough because of constant dodging. It was the only fight I've seen where I get more agro then a cleric.
Post edited by sdnever on

Comments

• copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I found that Repel in mastery is more important than AP regen in this specific fight. Repel gets a very short Cool down to use over and over, and you really only have to focus on the blue guys. Dont waste a singularity/shield pulse on the zombies. In the other 3 slots I use Icy Terrain, Shield, Steal Time.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Both with Repel in Mastery. I don't get Arcane as much as I do in other boss fights, but as long as you do not waste any of them and knock a bunch off using shield when you do, I can pace myself with the mobs, knocking them using repel and shield constantly. My other 2 skills are Icy Terrain and Steal Time. In the final phase, you are constantly running and cannot knock off the bigger zombies and so I found Icy Terrain useful to generate AP as little as it gives relative to Entangling Force.

I never hit the boss. If GFs or GWFs cannot share a lot of the aggro, I don't think they have much use in this fight and you are better off taking another CW (which you can argue for any T2 dungeon)
  • marvelousjmarvelousj Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You are best off using Entangling Force in Tab and just using shield to knock off adds. You generate way more AP that way and a Entangling Force after a Singularity + Shield will pretty much always give you enough AP for another Singularity. If you are using Repel you are probably doing it wrong and making it more difficult then it has to be. I do agree though with Steal Time and Icy Terrain.
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    copticone wrote: »
    I found that Repel in mastery is more important than AP regen in this specific fight. Repel gets a very short Cool down to use over and over, and you really only have to focus on the blue guys. Dont waste a singularity/shield pulse on the zombies. In the other 3 slots I use Icy Terrain, Shield, Steal Time.

do you ever repel the blue guys without using singularity? How do you get the blue guys close enough to edge..do you attack one until u get agro then repel?
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    sdnever wrote: »
    do you ever repel the blue guys without using singularity? How do you get the blue guys close enough to edge..do you attack one until u get agro then repel?

It is all about the angle. Stick just a bit closer to the edge (far from the boss). 90% of the time, you have the angle to cast Repel
  • everwindgaleeverwindgale Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    marvelousj wrote: »
    You are best off using Entangling Force in Tab and just using shield to knock off adds. You generate way more AP that way and a Entangling Force after a Singularity + Shield will pretty much always give you enough AP for another Singularity. If you are using Repel you are probably doing it wrong and making it more difficult then it has to be. I do agree though with Steal Time and Icy Terrain.

I tried Cap's version and the AOE from close range and it brought way too much aggro and put you too close to the red circles of death.

I had pretty good success with Entangling Force on Mastery (bunch the mobs) (fast AP generation) Send a shard at the bunched mob from a nice distance (good damage, good damage mitigation in the knockdown), ROE for boss debuff/chill strike also works because of the stun (i haven't decided which is best) and Steal Time for rescue if needed.

My survivabiity went way up with this method, the cleric didn't have to worry about me, and we seemed to do better as a team on the boss. It is a very tough fight regardless, and those lietuants are always hard to bring down once they lock onto you.
  • fondlezfondlez Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Repel all the way.

Funny watching other CW in dungeons realise how much easier and faster SP is as they notice and eventually switch to Repel.

Final fight, like copticone said, focus always on the blue guys and not on the boss unless you are totally confident at pushing, including repelling whole groups (which gives nice AP), in which case you can replace Icy Terrain for Enfeeble or CoI (if Thaum), especially if you only have one strong single target dps on the boss.

About the only time Repel is quite unsuitable in the dungeon overall is on those bridges where there is not much room to knock mobs off without getting them stuck. In which case, Shield is better to drop them straight down.
  • mageor0lmageor0l Member Posts: 51
    edited June 2013
    Repel and shield, repel on tab.

Thing is: Do you feel like you need high AP regeneration during this fight? If so, for what?

For the most time you have to push of a constant stream of maybe 4 or 5 adds. Repel with its short cooldown works perfectly for this (you can push multiple targets if you use it on mastery and the push distance is alot bigger than shield) Casting singularities for 4 or 5 adds is simply not worth it (atleast in my eyes)

At 80/60/40/20% bosshp the boss spawns 2 bigger waves of adds. These are basically the only situations in which you need to use the singularity/shieldburst to clean the field fast.

Ignore the boss. If you are alone on the adds, there are 3 guys on the boss, which should be more than enough.
  • sdneversdnever Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 116 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    mageor0l wrote: »
    Repel and shield, repel on tab.

Thing is: Do you feel like you need high AP regeneration during this fight? If so, for what?

For the most time you have to push of a constant stream of maybe 4 or 5 adds. Repel with its short cooldown works perfectly for this (you can push multiple targets if you use it on mastery and the push distance is alot bigger than shield) Casting singularities for 4 or 5 adds is simply not worth it (atleast in my eyes)

At 80/60/40/20% bosshp the boss spawns 2 bigger waves of adds. These are basically the only situations in which you need to use the singularity/shieldburst to clean the field fast.

Ignore the boss. If you are alone on the adds, there are 3 guys on the boss, which should be more than enough.
    I feel like I need AP for singularity so that shield works better. But it sounds like you guys are saying I can repel without singularity.
  • lupita170lupita170 Member Posts: 122 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    gotta use repel until they fix the shield cooldown, most clerics aren't good enough to keep you up for the 12 seconds in between shields without you filling in the gaps with repel.
  • copticonecopticone Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    sdnever wrote: »

Unlike Shield pulse, Repel has a long push. The target could be like 30ft away from the side and still get repelled over. Even when singularity is up I often use repel with it and save shield for emergency.

For the final phase you shouldn't be using any aoe and have the DC get the aggro and kite. You can then DPS the boss and repel any blues that get close to you. The more DPS on the boss the less time your DC is kitting. Dealing with CC immune mobs at the final phase usually ends bad for the cw.
    Check out my personal Nerf Proof T2 Thaumaturge Build.
  • cathrynsoulwindcathrynsoulwind Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I use repel in spell mastery slot as well. I actually find it easier to solo CW this fight than to have a second CW. This way skills aren't being used over the top of each other, mobs aren't being pushed at from two directions at once and (this one still makes me shake my head) no one casts AS in the dead middle of the platform where they are too far from the sides to be knocked off. Repel cd is quick. I use that for the small mob spawns and save AS for the large spawns.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You know, repel on tab can only hit five targets so really it's kind of a waste IMO when shield can hit infinite and can be used to help chain AS. Did a Spellplague last night and the cleric was having an absolute hissy fit that I was using ET at all, even though there was an almost constant AS on the edge sucking add's to their doom. Repel can definitely help clean up anything you miss, but ET on tab is pretty useful for AP generation.

I think some people are just absolutely set in stone with how they think you should play your class, even if they really have no idea what anything does. (At least that's how it seems with some players in game.)
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC