test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Is leveling too fast?

drachehexedrachehexe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
I seem to be leveling too fast for the dungeon queues. I was queued for a dungeon for the daily but leveled out of that dungeon's range before the queue popped and it automatically took me out of the queue. So I went back to get a new daily for the appropriate level dungeon and while in queue (a LONG *** queue, why are queues so long with a million people on each server, overcrowded and still waiting for hours) I outleveled that dungeon before the queue popped.

So now I missed out on two separate dungeons because of out-leveling them too fast. They need to increase the level ranges in what dungeons we can queue for.

And don't tell me to PUG or join a guild. I don't do guilds and PUGs are near impossible with the sheer overload of chatter in chat. It's **** near impossible to keep up with anything going on in chat.
Post edited by drachehexe on

Comments

• nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    If you're a damage dealer, it'll take a lot longer to get a queue than for a Cleric or Guardian.
    If you want to get in the dungeons quicker, make friends with a cleric, or cleric and guardian...
  • mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yes it is.

You don't even have to do quests in order to level up you can just pray to the gods every hour and bam! you gained a new level.
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    yes, leveling is too fast. If you do anything except the main quest line you will out-level content in a hurry so much so that you can skip entire zones.

Leveling pets is easier with quests. I would hold the last 2 zones in reserve until you get a stone or cat. So hitting 60 with things left to do is not all bad :)
  • sforcessforces Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Leveling is far too fast. Every what? 4 pvp matches you level up. That's how it was for me til 50 then it was 6 pvp matches til 60. For me it took 2 weeks to get to 60 but I was trying to absorb the story so I was taking my time, however I know some people that got to 60 in 4 days. It sucks because now unless they create endgame content or they raise the cap and make it a grind fest to get max level again, people are gonna get bored. Sure Gauntlegrym sounds so much fun, but after a month or two of that, will it still be fun?

Personally I don't see them getting 40 level 60s who aren't afkers, bots or d/cers plausible.
  • charleyboy85charleyboy85 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah I agree leveling is way too fast. I kinda feel like they should increase the required xp to lvl but then theyd probably have to add new quests as well. I hit 60 in a week playing for only a few hours a day.
  • neverwinterrogueneverwinterrogue Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Leveling is really too fast. Since I have no life and I want to quit my job next week, I can't believe how fast this leveling is. I need entertainment for these 20 hours I'm using the PC per day. Without hardcore grinding, my life is useless and I need to hide in a corner and think how cruel my life is. Casual gamers waste their life with unnecessary things like relationships, jobs, outside activitys and toilets. That's why I also love the next Bind on Pickup change, it destroys my gamer glory if others can buy stuff at the auctionhouse easily.

Includes sarcasm
  • deknodekno Member Posts: 181 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    leveling is tedious and slow, im on my 5th character and its just tedious having to run through the quest for 3 days just cause i want to do dungeons with a new toon. and bs u lvl over the content by doing just the quests. on all my characters im always 3 levels under on the content and i end up having to pvp to get up to lvl to get the quests.
  • dsolzdsolz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Roll a healer!!! Haha that will make everyone waiting time shorter including urself!!! I just rolled a cleric. Having immense fun with it. healer do not just looking at health bar in this game so it is not boring.
  • mordimer1mordimer1 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I consider this game more rpg than mmo, and i like this fast lvling, i already wasted too much time to lvl up in another games
  • koldmiserkoldmiser Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 131
    edited June 2013
    It's too fast. I kept out leveling dungeons/skirmishes/etc. I even tried to take my time and really enjoy the story line. It's also kind of made the AH kind of worthless since so many auctions didn't have buyout options (getting better now). I would bid on something, then out level it before the auction was over.
  • seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    TBH i started playing this game only because friend told me u lvl up fast here, its ok as it is
  • seraphidseraphid Member Posts: 158 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    "Leveling is really too fast. Since I have no life and I want to quit my job next week, I can't believe how fast this leveling is. I need entertainment for these 20 hours I'm using the PC per day. Without hardcore grinding, my life is useless and I need to hide in a corner and think how cruel my life is. Casual gamers waste their life with unnecessary things like relationships, jobs, outside activitys and toilets. That's why I also love the next Bind on Pickup change, it destroys my gamer glory if others can buy stuff at the auctionhouse easily.

Includes sarcasm"

Need bigger letters for "include sarcasm", some ppl might not notice it

anyway well said :D
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, leveling is a bit too fast. One side effect of this is that people tend to level too fast for their crafting professions - they should generally be around a third of your level - around 13 when you are lvl 40, 20 when you are level 60, as then you are actually able to make something that is useful to you at the time.

As it is, if you do nothing but quests, invocation and leadership xp-gain tasks you will level up too fast to get really to know and explore the areas. There is just too much xp-gain from those activities, compared to killing monsters.

There is a side effect to this. When I was leveling up, I had a companion, but that was not really suitable for taking into the end game - so, I got a new companion and started training that up....and that took forever. My solution was to team up with a lvl 56 guildmate, run through the final areas with him to get him to lvl 60 as quickly as possible and do all the quests over again - gave me lots of xp for my companion in a very short time.

Sure, I could do foundry as well, but there is a balance issue there - some foundry quests that were of the "right" difficulty when I was lvl 10-20 are absurdly hard for a lvl 60. So, no - I'll rather just go through Mt. Hotenow or the Whispering Caverns one more time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • terencemkterencemk Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 7
    edited June 2013
    I rolled a warrior and my wife rolled a cleric alt to enjoy the dungeons :)
  • gissersgissers Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The biggest problem I have with leveling too fast is that it's too easy to outlevel a skirmish before you even get the quest to do it...that leaves you stuck not being able to do it and not being able to get certain achievements. (Plus if you are a completionist OCD like me...it makes you want to re-roll, ugh!)
  • idunazidunaz Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 53
    edited June 2013
    I like the fast leveling tbh. Have 3 60s now. My last 60, my gwf, I leveled 90% through pvp. Was great to finally play an MMO where leveling through pvp was a legitimate and viable way to level. Almost all MMO's claim you can level to max via pvp, but in reality it takes forever to do so.
  • neverwinterrogueneverwinterrogue Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mordimer1 wrote: »
    and i like this fast lvling, i already wasted too much time to lvl up in another games

I agree so much.
  • silknightsilknight Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 199
    edited June 2013
    I agree so much.

I do concur.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think the issue is people who do a lot of foundry or PvP, s both give XP but don't advance the main single player storyline. I don't really do foundry missions or PvP, and I find my rate of leveling to almost perfectly match the level of enemies and quests in each zone.

A simple "turn off XP gain" might do the trick, or perhaps an option to convert XP into gold could be implemented.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • ghr1mmghr1mm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The lvling is too fast. professions lag behind or are left in the dust. items are obsolete/replaced 20 min after u get them. just trying to do some daily quests fairly regularly will allow u to skip whole zones, which isnt too bad as long as its not your first time and u skip the graveyard (free bag). no point in buying equipment in the action house until lvl 50ish because almost everything else will get replaced so fast.
    im an old school gamer, would like to see more D & D in this game, less instant gratification. sure getting lots of chests and loot is fun, but its all junk thats soon to be replaced.
    p.s. they should not have come out of beta until they had more than 2 lame pvp lvls, in the same domination mode no less
  • skalt112skalt112 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You level at the approximate speed of the content. There is 6 days worth of solo story content in the game followed by a month or 2 of gear grinding. (which you can bypass if you want to spend a little cash). The game is what it is.
  • vientorvientor Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited June 2013
    drachehexe wrote: »
    And don't tell me to PUG or join a guild. I don't do guilds and PUGs are near impossible with the sheer overload of chatter in chat. It's **** near impossible to keep up with anything going on in chat.

Not if you are in the zone that the dungeon is in. You can get PUG's there fairly quickly and the chat is minimal.
  • klixanklixan Member Posts: 447 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    If you do anything except the main quest line you will out-level content in a hurry so much so that you can skip entire zones.

You hit the nail on the head there! For those of us who only do the main quest line, the leveling rate is just fine. Some of us simply don't have the time or the inclination to run Skirmishes and Dungeons.

Trust me, at higher levels, when it becomes incredibly hard to quest solo, you'll be blessing that extra XP you get from praying and crafting.
  • mrz1mmersmrz1mmers Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Well, I have 4 level 60s........ yeah, leveling probably a bit too fast.
  • kolbe11kolbe11 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yup, leveling is too fast and good gear too easy to come by.
    "It is said that idle hands are the Devil's tools: Idle geek hands, however, came up with gunpowder, nuclear weapons, and toilet plungers." -Illiad
  • delionivercourtdelionivercourt Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 86
    edited June 2013
    I am not one who believes levelling is to fast, as it seems alot of the casual gamers like the rate of levelling.
  • xkillerknightxkillerknight Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ofcourse lvling is fast.
    Only when your in the same lvl instance ofcourse. otherwise, dont expect any leveling from lower white lvl's :P