test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I'm a wizard so why am I not wearing a robe and a pointy hat with stars on it?

mikael74mikael74 Member Posts: 206 Arc User
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
And why do I have a floaty ball over my right shoulder?
I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
Post edited by mikael74 on

Comments

• Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Because you're playing Neverwinter game based on 4e, not Final Fantasy.
  • Options
    lichlamentlichlament Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »

Yup, couldnt have said it better myself. Want pointy hats ? take your a$s back to Hogwarts.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    lichlament wrote: »
    Yup, couldnt have said it better myself. Want pointy hats ? take your a$s back to Hogwarts.

I want me pointy hat!

With stars!!!

/sobs silently
    I play as a control wizard and when it comes down to it... it's all about the freeze.
  • Options
    jelleh21jelleh21 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 24 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Wizards in this game have the single most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design of any game ever, I'll give you that OP. From their animations to their 'weapon'. Beyond <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I love wizards but I can't bring myself to touch one in this game.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    jelleh21 wrote: »
    wizards in this game have the single most <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> design of any game ever, i'll give you that op. From their animations to their 'weapon'. Beyond <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I love wizards but i can't bring myself to touch one in this game.

Qft!

• Options
    postagepaidpostagepaid Member Posts: 125 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Forget the stars! I want Wizzard written on my hat and a staff made of sapient pearwood.

Oh and a psychotic travelling chest companion.
  • Options
    logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013

But... Elminister has a pointy hat :(
  • Options
    hkiewahkiewa Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 379 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I see the consistent troll is still consistent though I thought he couldn't play the game on his crappy pc?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    hkiewa wrote: »
    I see the consistent troll is still consistent though I thought he couldn't play the game on his crappy pc?

It's troller as in someone fishing and hoping for a bite and boy did you bite today. ;)
  • Options
    cwair01cwair01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 76
    edited June 2013
    Gandalf+Meme.png
    I'm always friendly and will be happy any of your inquires via pm!
    However i'm not a part of PWE and can't handle any questions regarding your personal details or account.
    Please respect the forum ToS and keep a nice manner towards your fellow adventurers!

| Half Elf - Cleric | Good reading for Clerics |
  • Options
    nectarprimenectarprime Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lichlament wrote: »

Ever hear of Gandalf kid?
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    logancaine wrote: »
    But... Elminister has a pointy hat :(

All good ole' wizards had a pointy hat... these new wizards however... pah!
  • Options
    logancainelogancaine Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mikael74 wrote: »
    All good ole' wizards had a pointy hat... these new wizards however... pah!

These new wizards cant even cast "Flesh to stone"
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I'm not too crazy about any of the armor. Rogue armor is too bulky. Cleric armor looks like a Paladin. In 4e Clerics have armor proficiency with cloth, leather, hide, and chainmail. All you seem to get is chainmail/platemail in this if you're a cleric. Wizards should be able to have an actual weapon like a sword. The orb is not a weapon, it's an implement. There are other weapons that can be used as implements like wands and staffs, but I REALLY dislike how they've made implements the only weapons for wizards and clerics. Not once in my D&D campaign did the cleric or wizard say "I'm gonna bludgeon this guy to death with my implement!" I really wish they'd give us real options to build characters. I hate that my rogue is identical to every other rogue of my level build-wise..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    logancaine wrote: »
    These new wizards cant even cast "Flesh to stone"

We called it ''Mortify'' and it lasted only about half an hour.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013

I lol at this.
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    wuhsin wrote: »
    I'm not too crazy about any of the armor. Rogue armor is too bulky. Cleric armor looks like a Paladin. In 4e Clerics have armor proficiency with cloth, leather, hide, and chainmail. All you seem to get is chainmail/platemail in this if you're a cleric. Wizards should be able to have an actual weapon like a sword. The orb is not a weapon, it's an implement. There are other weapons that can be used as implements like wands and staffs, but I REALLY dislike how they've made implements the only weapons for wizards and clerics. Not once in my D&D campaign did the cleric or wizard say "I'm gonna bludgeon this guy to death with my implement!" I really wish they'd give us real options to build characters. I hate that my rogue is identical to every other rogue of my level build-wise..

Staff and Wands are so passe.. :) Altho technically Wizards can use a dagger too but that belongs to rogues.
  • Options
    frariifrarii Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Forget the stars! I want Wizzard written on my hat and a staff made of sapient pearwood.

+ 1 gazillion points to this! WE WANT "luggages/psychotic mimics" companions! ASAP!
  • Options
    wuhsinwuhsin Banned Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Staff and Wands are so passe.. :) Altho technically Wizards can use a dagger too but that belongs to rogues.

Sorcerers make pretty good use of daggers as implements. If you have a wizard and rogue in your party, don't roll a sorcerer. You'll basically make them both feel useless when you cast magic better than the wizard, and fight in close combat with a dagger better than the rogue.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    swissmercswissmerc Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The Luggage had spent many years trailing through strange lands, meeting exotic creatures, and jumping up and down on them.

Rincewind: "It likes potato chips. Well, that's a bit strong. It eats potato chips."
    Lonina: "What about people?"
    Rincewind: "Oh, and people. About fifteen so far."
    (Sourcery)
  • Options
    maraliusmaralius Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    1.) Cleric armor looks like cleric armor. Paladin armor would be plate armor if you are going by 4e or even 3.5 D&D. Clerics tend to be in chain, so the chain armor is more accurate for them, especially with all of the holy drapings. Chain and plate are two different proficiencies in 4e. Now if / when the Paladin comes out and they are decked out in chain and not plate then I would have a problem. I personally think that the cleric has the coolest looking armor in the game.

2.) I love the CW armor look. And FYI there is a pointy hat in the game. Go check the AD vendor in Protector's Enclave. Granted that it is 1.5 mill AD to buy, but it's there and who knows if they will use the model at a later date. I plan on getting this and converting the look for my character at some point when I have enough AD and have nothing else to purchase.

3.) I don't understand this idea of giving a wizard a 'sword'. I've DMed for years in 4e and I've never seen a wizard attempt a melee attack. They instead rely on their implements, which is done will in the game. Unfortunately, the orb is the only one in the game and I will grant you that they should at some point put in maybe staff or dagger or hell with the updates even a book as an implement, but I would say that the orb is a good start as it classic 4e it was designed to be the better 'control' implement, and given that this is a control wizard, it makes sense.
  • Options
    nwroguenwrogue Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maralius wrote: »
    1.) Cleric armor looks like cleric armor. Paladin armor would be plate armor if you are going by 4e or even 3.5 D&D. Clerics tend to be in chain, so the chain armor is more accurate for them, especially with all of the holy drapings. Chain and plate are two different proficiencies in 4e. Now if / when the Paladin comes out and they are decked out in chain and not plate then I would have a problem. I personally think that the cleric has the coolest looking armor in the game.

2.) I love the CW armor look. And FYI there is a pointy hat in the game. Go check the AD vendor in Protector's Enclave. Granted that it is 1.5 mill AD to buy, but it's there and who knows if they will use the model at a later date. I plan on getting this and converting the look for my character at some point when I have enough AD and have nothing else to purchase.

3.) I don't understand this idea of giving a wizard a 'sword'. I've DMed for years in 4e and I've never seen a wizard attempt a melee attack. They instead rely on their implements, which is done will in the game. Unfortunately, the orb is the only one in the game and I will grant you that they should at some point put in maybe staff or dagger or hell with the updates even a book as an implement, but I would say that the orb is a good start as it classic 4e it was designed to be the better 'control' implement, and given that this is a control wizard, it makes sense.

Just going to follow up to #2 for everyone to see. 8699890667_9d54404df6_z.jpg

Also, still waiting for chain dresses for my cleric. Or Aribeth's armor when they release a paladin someday (They'd be silly not to). I NEED MORE DRESSES, CRYPTIC.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    powereddjinnpowereddjinn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    All the 'armour' & weapons are wrong in some ways
    The wizard could use a staff or dagger option, and plain or flashy robes
    The rogue (Thug) could do with having a club as well as short sword & rapier option, plus street clothes or very plain leather as an amour option
    The Fighter could use some hammers, war hammers, maces, flails, and spears etc.
  • Options
    orgnlsinorgnlsin Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maralius wrote: »

Umm, I did find this educational and informative etc., but "classic" 4E? Not sure how anything from a five-year-old version of a 40-year-old game gets to be classic. IJS.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    orgnlsin wrote: »
    Umm, I did find this educational and informative etc., but "classic" 4E? Not sure how anything from a five-year-old version of a 40-year-old game gets to be classic. IJS.

'Classic' would mean the first ruleset/handbook/guide in each edition. Before modifications and editions are made.
    Milla Jovovich(Rogue)/Tilda Swinton(Cleric) - Guild Leader of CatAssTrophy on Beholder
  • Options
    orgnlsinorgnlsin Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    nwrogue wrote: »
    'Classic' would mean the first ruleset/handbook/guide in each edition. Before modifications and editions are made.
    Fair enough then I suppose. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    All the 'armour' & weapons are wrong in some ways
    The wizard could use a staff or dagger option, and plain or flashy robes
    The rogue (Thug) could do with having a club as well as short sword & rapier option, plus street clothes or very plain leather as an amour option
    The Fighter could use some hammers, war hammers, maces, flails, and spears etc.

" Some take a liking to orbs, which they use to increase the duration of their spells' effects." This falls in line with CONTROL wizards, focusing on duration and not damage nor defense. Orb of Imposition happens to tie in with that, with a 'duration increase'.
  • Options
    kiralynkiralyn Member Posts: 1,440 Arc User
    edited June 2013

What a silly comment. As if the Standard Wizard Cliches of the past 50+ years, have anything to do with FF.