test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Clerics! Why can't we rez?

maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
edited June 2013 in General Discussion (PC)
Since I made my cleric I was sure I would get a rez skill at some point, but it turned out I didn't.
I can't seem to find a good reason to why not, it could had been added as a daily.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    macerukmaceruk Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Yeah clerics are not the best in this game, they need some work.
  • Options
    holt3holt3 Member Posts: 333 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    maceruk wrote: »
    Yeah clerics are not the best in this game, they need some work.

I'm pretty awesome.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The most likely reason is that it would reduce cash shop sales.
  • Options
    nullwolf1nullwolf1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's because in 4th Edition D&D Clerics don't get a resurrection ability until Epic levels...
    There's an archived thread here regarding this.

silvergryph -

I've seen a number of posts surprised that Clerics in NW do not have a rez power. I just wanted to point out that Clerics in 4E tabletop D&D do not have a rez power either. At least not in the PHB. WotC did publish a level 22 rez called "Revive" in the optional Divine Power splatbook. However, even if Cryptic decides to use this power, a level 22 4E D&D character is equivalent to a level 66 Neverwinter character. So that would be after they raise the level cap to encompass Epic tier.

In 4E, the Raise Dead ability is no longer a spell or power. It is a Ritual. Rituals can be performed by anyone with a Ritual scroll. The Raise Dead Ritual Scroll is expensive (680gp - as much as a fine warhorse) and requires 4 hours to use as well as an extra 500gp in components.

The current situation of having costly rez scrolls be the only way to raise a dead comrade in NW is the same way it is in 4E D&D. Except that NW's rez scrolls don't take 4 hours to use.

There is a feat in D&D called Ritual Casting that allows any character to master a Ritual and cast it without a scroll. Clerics and Wizards get this feat for free. But, it still costs just as much for the components and takes twice as long as a Ritual scroll.

The scrolls you can buy are in fact keeping with 4e rules... I'd rather be able to purchase them for Zen / AD than the 680 Gold they cost in the PnP version LOL.
  • Options
    lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    knightfalz wrote: »
    The most likely reason is that it would reduce cash shop sales.

Why? Its the cleric that dies most often :P at least used to before patch.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    maisaan wrote: »
    Since I made my cleric I was sure I would get a rez skill at some point, but it turned out I didn't.
    I can't seem to find a good reason to why not, it could had been added as a daily.

you got to be joking, even just tanking IS considered OP now you talking about rez .... good advice
  • Options
    armenuaarmenua Member Posts: 108 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    You see, this is the problem with the Zen shop. And it will make my game a bit difficult because I refuse to participate in extortion. That these scrolls are only available through the Zen shop is pretty irresponsible and kind of money-grabbing. NW needs to rethink their ways of doing things. It's being shoved into a corner and being extorted by PW to give them money for important things that should be available ingame. A skill or a scroll that rezes someone so they are not locked out of a boss fight and other important game activities is necessary in my mind.
  • Options
    knightfalzknightfalz Member Posts: 1,261 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    Why? Its the cleric that dies most often :P at least used to before patch.

Before the patch is irrelevant.
  • Options
    rangurenranguren Member Posts: 4
    edited June 2013
    armenua wrote: »
    You see, this is the problem with the Zen shop. And it will make my game a bit difficult because I refuse to participate in extortion. That these scrolls are only available through the Zen shop is pretty irresponsible and kind of money-grabbing. NW needs to rethink their ways of doing things. It's being shoved into a corner and being extorted by PW to give them money for important things that should be available ingame. A skill or a scroll that rezes someone so they are not locked out of a boss fight and other important game activities is necessary in my mind.

think again, why they reduce cleanse ability to remove revival sickness, simply "bug" or this ^ ??
  • Options
    danxbxdanxbx Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics can rez just like all classes.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    No need for YOU to buy from the Zen shop...

Scrolls going for 10k+ on AH Seems fairly cheap...
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    danxbx wrote: »
    Clerics can rez just like all classes.

helping an ally stand up once is not rezzing.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    delgatto42delgatto42 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 135 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    you need 10000 gp worth of diamonds to rez someone.

or it could be that in general in 4th ed, they removed rez. Take your pick
    When he gets to Heaven To Saint Peter he will say, "Hand me 4d6. Lets roll the dice and play!"
  • Options
    buckem420buckem420 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013

The zen shop is only charging for convenience items not required items. As stated in an earlier comment clerics in 4ed do not have res until epic levels. The scrolls you can purchase are a convenience item, they allow you to res yourself or party (depending which you have) without having to walk over to them (or them to you), they will not work if you are truly dead. They gave us all the ability to res someone by walking over and pressing F, it worked better back when cleric could cleanse res sickness however.
  • Options
    drachehexedrachehexe Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Clerics need the ability to heal injuries too....
  • Options
    chronomancerchronomancer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,223
    edited June 2013
    If i remember correctly Resurrection spells are very very costly to cast. This is the description of the resurrection spell from D&D 3.5e

Resurrection
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Level: Clr 7
    Casting time: 10 minutes

This spell functions like raise dead, except that you are able to restore life and complete strength to any deceased creature.

The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death. (The remains of a creature hit by a disintegrate spell count as a small portion of its body.) The creature can have been dead no longer than 10 years per caster level.
    Upon completion of the spell, the creature is immediately restored to full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of prepared spells. However, the subject loses one level, or 2 points of Constitution if the subject was 1st level. (If this reduction would bring its Con to 0 or lower, it can’t be resurrected). This level loss or Constitution loss cannot be repaired by any means.

You can resurrect someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. You cannot resurrect someone who has died of old age. Constructs, elementals, outsiders, and undead creatures can’t be resurrected.

Material Component: A sprinkle of holy water and diamonds worth a total of at least 10,000 gp.

True Resurrection
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Level: Clr 9
    Components: V, S, M, DF
    Casting time: 1 minute
    Range: Touch
    Target: Dead creature touched
    Duration: Instantaneous
    Saving Throw: None; see text
    Spell Resistance: Yes (harmless)

You restore life to a deceased creature. You can resurrect a creature that has been dead for as long as 10 years per caster level. This spell can even bring back creatures whose bodies have been destroyed, provided that you unambiguously identify the deceased in some fashion (reciting the deceased’s time and place of birth or death is the most common method). In addition, the subject’s soul must be free and willing to return. If the subject’s soul is not willing to return, the spell does not work; therefore, a subject that wants to return receives no saving throw. Upon completion of the spell, the creature is immediately restored to full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of level (or Constitution points) or prepared spells.

None of the dead creature’s equipment or possessions are affected in any way by this spell.
    You can revive someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. This spell can also resurrect elementals or outsiders, but it can’t resurrect constructs or undead creatures. Even true resurrection can’t restore to life a creature who has died of old age.

Material Component: A sprinkle of holy water and diamonds worth a total of at least 25,000 gp.
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    If i remember correctly Resurrection spells are very very costly to cast. This is the description of the resurrection spell from D&D 3.5e

Resurrection
    Conjuration (Healing)
    Level: Clr 7
    Casting time: 10 minutes

This spell functions like raise dead, except that you are able to restore life and complete strength to any deceased creature.

The condition of the remains is not a factor. So long as some small portion of the creature’s body still exists, it can be resurrected, but the portion receiving the spell must have been part of the creature’s body at the time of death. (The remains of a creature hit by a disintegrate spell count as a small portion of its body.) The creature can have been dead no longer than 10 years per caster level.
    Upon completion of the spell, the creature is immediately restored to full hit points, vigor, and health, with no loss of prepared spells. However, the subject loses one level, or 2 points of Constitution if the subject was 1st level. (If this reduction would bring its Con to 0 or lower, it can’t be resurrected). This level loss or Constitution loss cannot be repaired by any means.

You can resurrect someone killed by a death effect or someone who has been turned into an undead creature and then destroyed. You cannot resurrect someone who has died of old age. Constructs, elementals, outsiders, and undead creatures can’t be resurrected.

Material Component: A sprinkle of holy water and diamonds worth a total of at least 10,000 gp.
    4th edition makes it a 4 hour ritual, obtainable after hitting Epic levels...
  • Options
    maisaanmaisaan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 166
    edited June 2013
    I know about the rez you can buy, but this is about the skills for the cleric, or more correct, lack of skills.
    They want to stay with the trinity, and I'm so in for that, but it have to work.

In a lot of dungeons when someone die, they can't get back into combat. In some dungeons you NEED a full team to make it through, so not only are the player punished double for dying (injured and your out!) but the team is many times wiped.
    For some it's not an issue, the team will just go on until they success, but, from what I read, most pug teams are split up after 3 wipes and accusations are pm'ed, broadcasted in PE zone chat, etc.

And now, with suggestions to BOP gear, they really have to rethink the trinity so the game stay fun and don't start to resemble a job.
  • Options
    farcursefarcurse Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 46
    edited June 2013
    i would be happy with a cure/heal that gives a static amount(calculated by gear and lvl) of health to a single target with an insta cast and an ok cooldown ( less deaths no need to rez )
  • Options
    lazenbylazenby Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2013

I like cash shop items that make people pay for being bad at the game. :)
  • Options
    edited June 2013
    farcurse wrote: »
    i would be happy with a cure/heal that gives a static amount(calculated by gear and lvl) of health to a single target with an insta cast and an ok cooldown ( less deaths no need to rez )

But, that would mean we need to have a better target system, and I think that is to much to ask.