test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why did you have to ruin pve for everybody?

kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
edited June 2013 in PvE Discussion
First of all let me say that i have a GF and a CW all very well geared. I love the changes on both classes they helped GF be useful again and they nerfed some aspects of the CW that were clearly OP.

What I don't understand is some of the changes to Rogue and cleric but my biggest problem is the rogue.

Rogue is the only class that the ONLY useful thing that brought to the party is the insane single target DPS more than any other class could possibly do. Duelist's fury has been the one and only main skill of rogue for PVE damage. Rogues know very well that that skill is useless for PVP because it takes time to "charge" and if the other guy has a bit of a brain will have dodged out of the way before taking any damage. So please explain to me why was that skill nerfed? What else do you need a rogue for in a dungeon if not for killing the high hp targets and the boss. A CW brings a LOT more useful stuff to the party so even if his single target damage is now a bit less than the rogue he is still a better class to take over rogue. All you accomplished with this change is every boss to take longer now.

What prompted me to write this post is that yesterday, a CW did more single target dps than a 11.5k rogue with ancient weapons after they both agreed to stay only on the boss with no aoe( in spellplague). Before you start saying that that rogue was a **** I can assure you that he is not because I do CN with him often and he is a very skilled player.

The cleric now can't keep AS 100% of the time making him the weakest healer I have seen in any MMO. At least, if you are gonna do a nerf like that,give him a strong single target heal that can chain in 1 or more targets like in Tera. I understand this change from a pvp 20v20 standpoint but for pve that change is horrible.

TL;DR
Restore rogue duelist's fury to it's previous state because it is only useful in pve. Make cleric heal much more single target or restore AS 100% uptime.
Post edited by kerrigan666 on

Comments

• laudon1laudon1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    mm

@rogue the kill will just be a lot slower, not necessarily ruined. they still do good dps compared to other classes.

@cleric I main a cleric and I honestly don't feel the nerfs. Instead of two clerics we just take an extra cw and pew pew the same as before.
    Lemonade Stand.
    Dragon Guild
  • nightfer01nightfer01 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 133 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Rogues have many usefull skills and set bonuses that can do dmg aswell. PVP is broken atm but PVE is interesting and more challanging. Dont compare other games with Neverwinter. It has nothing to do with Neverwinters gameplay and mechanics that are used. Right now, I would love for the devs to redo the aggro issue with clerics that bugged everyone before. Right now in all instanced I go, the aggro goes on me no matter how much a rogue or a GWF or a GF do, there is no way to take them off me before I die /I am a CW with extremely high AOE spells and dmg/ (other than that, I have 550 def and 11% deflection that doesnt do anything at all) so guess how fast I die when there are 15 mobs or adds on my head.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The only thing that is ruined is the dreams of unskilled players riding on OP classes.
    Now that real skill comes into play players like OP instead of adapting flood forums with tears.
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    Only really significant changes were the GPF/ROE nerfs.

Zzzz.
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • kerrigan666kerrigan666 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 66
    edited June 2013
    lerdocix wrote: »
    The only thing that is ruined is the dreams of unskilled players riding on OP classes.
    Now that real skill comes into play players like OP instead of adapting flood forums with tears.

You have no idea if I am skilled or not you are just making assumptions. I am still able to clear CN every day 3-4 times a day. Next time use your brain before making assumptions. Why do you WANT a boss to take longer? What will that accomplish? More wasted time?
  • warpetwarpet Member Posts: 1,969 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    it is easy now if u have good gf tank build in team
  • etherealjetherealj Member Posts: 1,091 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    warpet wrote: »
    it is easy now if u have good gf tank build in team

Still tanking as Conq with no problems :P
    Use the <removed exploit lead-in> to interact with the auction vendor.
  • abombination247abombination247 Member Posts: 1,279 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    I support more rogue nerfs. Not there yet.
  • lerdocixlerdocix Member Posts: 897 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    You have no idea if I am skilled or not you are just making assumptions. I am still able to clear CN every day 3-4 times a day. Next time use your brain before making assumptions. Why do you WANT a boss to take longer? What will that accomplish? More wasted time?

Good for you then! Doesn't change anything other about my post. Bads are now exposed and have to improve or stay in T1, good players are rewarded with clear runs.
  • johnj9000johnj9000 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 39
    edited June 2013
    I support more rogue nerfs. Not there yet.

Anyone who supports nerfs is a silly silly person. Nerfs are the easy way for the DEV to fix a game to others players delight. How about fix the real issue with other classes.

The person crying NERF NERF now might be the person getting the NERF bat in the future.
    Be careful for what you wish for.
  • demonsunderdemonsunder Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 243 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2013
    More nerf's, this round was great it brought balance and clear roles to some classes games still way to easy.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Oceanic Neverwinter guild http://19thbattalion.com/home
    Breadbasket NW-DTYGYBRF2
  • norobladnoroblad Member Posts: 556 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    The fix was needed. Insane micromanagement of at-will attack should NOT be the one and only way to function. Not saying rogue does not need a dps buff to improve boss performance (this seems reasonable, but not sure what would get the buff... its a touchy class and pvp whiners will cry about anything that works properly) but I think we needed the fix to allow for a variety of playstyles and builds to work.
  • adozuadozu Member Posts: 477 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    insane micromanagement of an at-will attack is still exactly what you have to do as a rogue, it's just worse than it was before but mechanic-wise the nerf changed nothing.

inb4: "i play as a rogue and only use sly flourish and i rock, duelist flurry sucks and other attacks are totally viable!". no sorry, that's not true, if they deal comparable damage for you it means you're using flurry wrong.
  • shandriltlshandriltl Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I think DC PvP ability should be nerfed completely. Just so they're not tempted to burden others with their presence in group. But maybe put a mention at character creation for DC: "This is a PvE only heal bot. You will not be able to kill stuff and you will not be allowed to PvP. For PvP, pick any of the other 4 classes." ;)

Seriously, more offensive stuff for DC would be a waste. Can you see DC spending time DPSing in epic dungeon? You'll get kicked out of group ASAP or curtly told to stick to heals. Outside of generating Divine Power for which current tools are sufficient, cleric DPS is a joke because it serves no purpose outside of allowing you to crawl your way to 60 painfully. Healing improvements for PvP could include revamping completely Bastion and single target heals. Cut the CD on AS a bit so that with 4-5k recovery it can still be 100% up but leave the non-stacking and things will be better. Not fun still but improved.
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    First of all let me say that i have a GF and a CW all very well geared. I love the changes on both classes they helped GF be useful again and they nerfed some aspects of the CW that were clearly OP.

What I don't understand is some of the changes to Rogue and cleric but my biggest problem is the rogue.

Rogue is the only class that the ONLY useful thing that brought to the party is the insane single target DPS more than any other class could possibly do. Duelist's fury has been the one and only main skill of rogue for PVE damage. Rogues know very well that that skill is useless for PVP because it takes time to "charge" and if the other guy has a bit of a brain will have dodged out of the way before taking any damage. So please explain to me why was that skill nerfed? What else do you need a rogue for in a dungeon if not for killing the high hp targets and the boss. A CW brings a LOT more useful stuff to the party so even if his single target damage is now a bit less than the rogue he is still a better class to take over rogue. All you accomplished with this change is every boss to take longer now.

What prompted me to write this post is that yesterday, a CW did more single target dps than a 11.5k rogue with ancient weapons after they both agreed to stay only on the boss with no aoe( in spellplague). Before you start saying that that rogue was a **** I can assure you that he is not because I do CN with him often and he is a very skilled player.

The cleric now can't keep AS 100% of the time making him the weakest healer I have seen in any MMO. At least, if you are gonna do a nerf like that,give him a strong single target heal that can chain in 1 or more targets like in Tera. I understand this change from a pvp 20v20 standpoint but for pve that change is horrible.

TL;DR
    Restore rogue duelist's fury to it's previous state because it is only useful in pve. Make cleric heal much more single target or restore AS 100% uptime.

@cleric - there is a skill in your book called Forgemaster's Flame , read what it does and use it to your advantage that is all .
  • darkmagic1981darkmagic1981 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ok first off all u saying that the nerfs to DC has not effected the healing for DC's u clearly have not healed CN last boss ok for one I have all the best gear and enchants in game and have cleared CN 30 times soloing boss with only 1 DC in party now since patch .. even with having 2 DC's the healing sux so bad.. I have tried 2 CW's 2 DC's and a rogue also other set ups ok next near impossible to complete CN now ok DC's have forgedmaster wooooop de dooooo if u can not heal for over 2k-5k DC's are worthless and on to health potions u can not keep urself alive in that fight with pots so realy since DC's don't take much agro anymore we CW are Screwed as are melee classes in that fight so keep QQ'n on my post I care less but ull find a lot of people are gonna leave this game in the dust if healing isn't fixed properly ..even on trash DC's can not heal through them with out CS GWF GF TR using pots to stay alive....SO to the DEV'S FIX THE HEALING or see this game take a dump .......!!!!!!.. ok so yes u can dodge attacks but still anything beyond 10 in trash not easy to dodge and block everything
  • kilo418kilo418 Member Posts: 823 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    D'Brickashaw Ferguson is in your cupboard, eating your cookies.